by Annestel-Harper

Original Post

[FIXED] [ECO] Some harvestables found in trash disappear from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Um, I don't know, play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just installed Eco Lifestyle and my sim will be digging through the trash and find things. Whenever she finds a harvestable, it seems to disappear. Not all of them, but a lot of them. It's happened with multiple sims too. Doesn't matter if they travel from lot to lot, it just seems to happen. She found a dragonfruit and two elderberries, but she only had the dragonfruit when I went to plant it. It only seems to be happening in the personal inventory, probably a glitch with the new filter and sorting update.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not lose the things my sim finds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Eco Lifestyle. Never happened before that, or the newest update that came the day before.

I just don't want to have my sim keep digging through the trash when she doesn't get to keep what she finds.

This has NEVER happened to me before, no matter what packs I had installed. I think it's an issue either with the newest update, or Eco Lifestyle. And it's happened with 3 different sims I've created.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 35 (3,536 Views)

Items Disappearing from Inventory - Eco Lifestyle

★★ Novice

My sims keep having items retrieved from dumpsters disappearing from their inventory. Seems to only be ingredients at the moment, but it's still annoying.
I have it via Origin, updated to the latest version, patched on the 4th.

Message 1 of 35 (3,454 Views)

Re: Items Disappearing from Inventory - Eco Lifestyle

★★ Novice
@Kleinuuu Exact same for me! Also it seems that if put on the ground, they disappear as well..
Message 2 of 35 (3,367 Views)

Re: Harvestables Disappearing from Personal Inventory

★★★★ Expert
@chaosgroupie Have you checked the household inventory?

I had some harvestables move mysteriously from the sim's inventory to the household inventory. Did it twice. It's annoying because there is no easy way to move them back. You have to drop them ALL on the ground and move them one-by-one.
Message 4 of 35 (3,502 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That was the first thing I checked, whether it moved to the household inventory. It didn't. I've actually found that my sim will sometimes find harvestables and they won't ever show up in my inventory, personal or household.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 5 of 35 (3,483 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@chaosgroupie Must be a different bug then with finding them in the trash. I haven't done that yet. Mine was harvestables I had harvested from my own plants and I was holding onto them to juice later. They then disappeared and ended up in the household inventory somehow.
Message 6 of 35 (3,457 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Items Disappearing from Inventory - Eco Lifestyle

★★ Novice
@RNM59488478 Same for me.
Message 7 of 35 (3,331 Views)

Hero
@chaosgroupie Does it matter on the quality of what you find if they disappear or not ?

Is it just harvestables you find in trash or others as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (3,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict So far I've only noticed it with harvestables I find in the trash. It doesn't seem to be happening with anything other than the it's I can plant. Sometimes they'll show up an then disappear, other times the bubble will pop up saying I found a fruit or veggie and it will never be iny inventory

Message 9 of 35 (3,411 Views)

★★ Novice
@chaosgroupie That happend for me to. Dragonfruit and moneyfrut dissappeared. But its not every time. I usually get to keep berries for instans
Message 10 of 35 (3,404 Views)