Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to upgrade a tub or tub/shower combo.
What happens when the bug occurs? I send my Sim to upgrade the tub or tub/shower, and he waves his arms as though there's a routing error.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to make the upgrade just like any other upgrade to the tub or tub/shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 20, 2021 patch.

I send my Sim to upgrade the tub or shower, and he waves his arms as though there's a routing error. I've tried replacing the tub with a different one, one of the same, a tub/shower combo, moving it to a different location, and none of those things work. All other upgrades appear to work just fine.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 90 (13,663 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cottage Living unable to completely upgrade items

Hero

Speaking of handiness, have your Sims ever tried repairing their shower-tub combos or bathtubs, but kinda not been able to get to them? That should be resolved, and we also fixed this same error when Sims tried to perform the Water Recycler and add H20 Siphoner upgrades.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 90 of 90 (4,730 Views)

All Replies

bathtub can't be used the upgrade come with eco lifestyle

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expensions (expect cottage living since it's not release yet) GP 01,02,03,05 SP 05,09,13,16,17,18
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playing while installed eco lifestyle . try any eco lifestyle upgrade for the bathtub .
What happens when the bug occurs? sims will have the "been block . can't approach / can't move " bubble and cancel the action .
What do you expect to see? sims upgrade the bathtub like they upgrade the shower and the sink
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131 patch break it . I was playing with it and it can still be upgraded .

I've try repair my game and create a new save file . and try upgrade all the bathtub . it's weird that it's break the eco lifestyle bathtub upgrade . I can't think of anything with this patch that have anything do with bathtub or eco lifestyle .

Message 2 of 90 (13,635 Views)

Upgrade and Repair Bug

★★★ Novice

I have been trying to upgrade a bathtub with a new sim and I was able to add all of the upgrades until I hit the water recycle and siphon filter. Now she just has the thought bubble above her head saying that there is not a clear path to it, but she has not move since i put in the other upgrades. I thought that it was just the bathtub that i had gotten but it happen with others as well and now I cannot repair them when they break and neither can the repair man. It still shows the bubble for men and the repair man does not move. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 3 of 90 (13,616 Views)

Re: Upgrade and Repair Bug

Hero
@galatea455 Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 90 (13,592 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't upgrade Hot Tub/ Water Recycler using eco upgrade

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm also having this problem, but I'm not even trying to use Eco parts. The issue just started for me with this last update to the game. Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I'd really like to be able to upgrade my bathtubs with the water recycler. Thank you.

Message 5 of 90 (13,538 Views)

Hero
@ChantieDoesit Moved your post over to the new thread.

The other was about eco upgrade parts only. It seems it either escalated to all eco upgrades with either parts or they are separate issues.

Keeping them as separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 90 (13,528 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict They're separate issues, as I never use the Eco upgrade parts, just standard upgrade parts (common and plumbing).
Message 7 of 90 (13,526 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HeidiGrrrl yes, which is why I moved the post above over from the eco upgrade parts thread to this one.

@ChantieDoesit was saying they don't use eco parts which makes it this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 90 (13,517 Views)

★ Guide

i'm having the same issue, except i can't upgrade BATHS specifically, and im trying to use regular parts

Message 9 of 90 (13,463 Views)

Re: [ECO] Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos

★★★★★ Apprentice

All of my Sims can upgrade my plumbing stuff to have Water Recycling, it's just not showers, tubs, or shower-tub combos. I tried regular upgrade parts as well as Eco Upgrade parts, they're still waving at me complaining that it's blocked / something's in the way.

Screenshot (4).jpg

Message 10 of 90 (13,472 Views)