[FIXED] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

by idahpews

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing happening to me after installing eco-lifestyle. She does not have the kleptomania trait and every now and then it tells me she has managed to swipe something. She kept stealing her own tv and computer. The tv of which she had to get from the dumpster and is the sims 1 tv that you can only get from the dumpster. Then on top of that, she stole her own couch that she had to fabricate. The other things weren't as much od a deal because I can just buy it again, but now she has to fabricate the couch all over again.

Message 51 of 168 (1,714 Views)

Random cleptomania tendency

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, City Living, Get together, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just happens. Started after the latest updates and Eco lifestyle was installed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spontaneous cleptomania. My sim will steal her own stuff, and then I can't fine it anywhere and have to buy new things.(I don't have the claptomania trait) Strangers steal my stuff randomly, who are also not cleptomanias.
What do you expect to see? A sim going in my house or my lot, and a they will steal something or a "news" box that will tell me, my sim successfully stole something without getting caught
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have never experienced my sims randomly steal anything, or other sims do it either, when they do not have the cleptomaia trait 

Message 52 of 168 (1,560 Views)

★ Novice

Same with me.  I have random Sims coming into my lots... like bars or restaurants or clubs...and stealing stuff left and right. I check out the Sims to see if they have the Klepto trait, and they don't. Now my game is crashing every time I try to go to the bar that's being looted. 

Message 53 of 168 (1,684 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Problem is, there is a N.A.P. called something like "Sharing is Caring".  If that is active in your neighborhood, anyone that's inside/near your house can steal anything.

You can go through the normal repeal method to remove it but you'll need signatures. For a quick solve, you can shift-click on the mailbox and cheat-repeal it instantly. (with testingcheats enabled)

Personally, I'm gonna be looking into MCTuner and see if there is a way I can use it to disable the autonomous looting. That way I can "make use" of it myself and have my sim take stuff but it should keep random NPCs from taking my stuff.

Message 54 of 168 (1,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MAXIMUS4GUINNESSI think the reason it is crashing is because the items being stolen are required for that particular community lot. Once they are "stolen" the lot no longer meets the requirements and becomes bugged.

Somehow, I don't think this is what the developers intended. This is a bug and it is literally game breaking.

Message 55 of 168 (1,636 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So the mass-looting has even made it to the new pack? That's a new one!

Message 56 of 168 (1,626 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@idahpews I just had this happen to me! I loaded my RoM save file and right when it loaded my Sim was in the yard and stole the outside trash can. He doesn't have the klepto trait (Rando Gen NPC from Magic Realm - Jealous, Active and Recycle Disciple)

The trash can appears no where and it's just gone forcing me to rebuy it 3 times. Now he just swiped the inside trash can while I was playing with another Sim and it's also gone lol.
Message 57 of 168 (1,617 Views)

★★ Novice

Does your sim have the recycling trait?

I had the same issue, so I recreated my sim. The only thing I changed was her recycling trait.

Message 58 of 168 (1,571 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@AshayaGloom Yes he has the recycling trait and it seems to be when he is tense from not being able to recycle. He stole the trash cans (which how will I do any kind of recycling with that attitude mister lol) and now he just took the easel. I think it's not so much he swiped the items it's that they are gone because they got recycled into bits and pieces... Which might mean this is a feature lol.
Message 59 of 168 (1,569 Views)

Hero

This thread is for Sims swiping their own stuff. 

Please use this one if you have NPCs taking your stuff: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-with-and-without-N...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 168 (1,521 Views)