Cannibalizing items in household for recycle parts on their own

by roperjane

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

★★ Novice

Happened to me twice already. The sims who does this is Knox. I thought that he's a klepto but his Recycler trait is making him swipe some of the stuff inside my house. This includes furniture and appliances too. 

Message 121 of 168 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I thought my items were disappearing but I think they are being swiped. It's really annoying

I've repaired my game a few times and its still happening 

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 122 of 168 (831 Views)

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★★ Newbie

Bonjour,

J'ai le même problème depuis l'extension écologie. Je n'ai pas le trait Kleptomanie, et pourtant les Sims volent tous les objets même dans les lieux publics.... J'ai donc plein de lieu public à refaire car je ne sais pas quel sont les objets qui ont été volés. Je n'ai pas téléchargé de CC. J'en ai 0 sur mon PC... et j'ai quand même les bugs... 

Je vous avoue que c'est chiant...

Disponible pour plus de renseignements si ça peut vous permettre de régler le problème 

PS : Fait 3 réparation à ce jour rien ne change, et il y a des bugs même lorsqu'aucun plans d'actions sont en cours.

Bonne soirée Standard smile

Message 123 of 168 (783 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sim swiping l own household objects (Recycle Trait)

★★ Novice

Happens to me too. My sim keeps swiping both objects at their homelot and objects at other lots. It's very annoying. At first I thought it was because the NAP, but she kept doing that after I removed the swiping NAP. It's only the one sim and she has the recycling disciple trait. 

Message 124 of 168 (743 Views)

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. Mine steal Tv's, radio, Trash bins and many other items. 

Message 125 of 168 (722 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. My new sims, without the klepto trait, are swiping things from their own household and I can't find it in any of the inventories. All the sims in the household are doing it, but it went away (I think) once I got rid of the Sharing is Caring community vote thing. Otherwise, I live on the same lot too, I have all the packs, and it didn't happen before I had the eco life pack. It's still annoying because they kept swiping their own couch and trash can (among other things, these were just the most common), so that was about 100+ simoleons every time they swiped something.

So, maybe check what the community vote is - that might be it? 

Message 126 of 168 (709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry if this has been posted already. So I think what's happening is when Recycler Sims get the 'urge' to recycle, even if they have something in their inventory (I have trash piles most of the time), they will swipe a nearby object. Then they recycle it in their pocket, so you get a few Bits & Pieces and then the notification that they've swiped something.

Luckily I'm at a stage in my save where they're focusing on small decorations rather than entire tables and couches. But it's incredibly annoying and makes me never want to give another Sim this trait. Here's hoping they'll work on this soon.

Message 127 of 168 (647 Views)

Re: MY SIM STEALS.....from himself!!!

★★ Novice

I had this problem until I realised it happens when recycle disciples are not given enough opportunities to recycle at the recycling machine. If you let them recycle once a day or so, the self-swiping stops.

Message 128 of 168 (595 Views)

Re: MY SIM STEALS.....from himself!!!

★★★ Guide

@joanvanzyl wrote:

I had this problem until I realised it happens when recycle disciples are not given enough opportunities to recycle at the recycling machine. If you let them recycle once a day or so, the self-swiping stops.

It does not. Read the various posts about how often this happens with no warning.

My Sim, who swipes things in his sleep already, just swiped something during a fire. While holding a toddler.

swiping during fire.PNG

Message 129 of 168 (541 Views)

Cannibalizing items in household for recycle parts on their own

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything that Sims 4 has come out with, including the Eco Style
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sims randomly take an object and cannibalize for recycle parts, you get no money just bits and pieces from recycling. They pick things at random such as computers, keyboards, and there is nothing for you to do at this point. When they do this, it's on their own, and then it states that your Sim has successfully stolen something. But that something is from your own lot, and I've checked it does that whether they have the klepto trait or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? It happens every time I play the game, always with adult sims though.
What do you expect to see? I hope that it doesn't happen period, I don't want my Sims totally trashing items in my household, especially expensive things like TVs and computers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after I installed Eco Lifestyle.

I don't have screenshots, but it happens randomly, you can't predict it, you know it happened when it states that so and so stole a part successfully, then you look around for an object that is missing. 

Message 130 of 168 (528 Views)