Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

by LinneaAmadis

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MarleyTheWizardLocking visitors out wouldn't work, it's my own sims doing the swiping. I'd remove the Recycle Disciple trait from them, but I'm constantly having a glitch where my sims will retain the characteristics of a trait even after it's removed anyway. And, as I said, I wouldn't want to have to choose between using a trait from a pack that I paid for and not having my photos at risk of being destroyed.

Message 81 of 168 (1,733 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [EL] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★ Novice
@shessassy I have the same issue 😔
Message 82 of 168 (1,712 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★ Novice

My sim keeps stealing their trash cans too. Has the recycler trait and no sharing is caring neighbourhood trait. I rather not have to remake my sim

Message 83 of 168 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me several times with different families and it's getting to be so annoying I am thinking about uninstalling Eco Lifestyle until it's fixed. Frown

Message 84 of 168 (1,628 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I just installed Eco, made a new Sim with story, which gave her the recycle trait. I keep getting the message, that she swiped something, but no animation or things in her inventory. And despite what I have read here, it happens regardless of her having the recylce debuff or not, She stole her own trashcan 5 ingame minutes after recycling. Don't know about other Sims in the world, though the AI seems to be a bit more broken since I installed Eco (Sims get stuck more often, don't leave after getting told to, take forever to actually perform a task, etc). Very disappointing for a 40€ DLC.

Message 85 of 168 (1,621 Views)

They steal their own items

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle City living Island living Parenthood Seasons Cats and dogs Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since I’ve updated my game and got Eco lifestyle both of my adult sims “Swipe” their own items and then the items never show up in the inventory. They also both do not have the Kleptomaniac trait. They’ve only swiped items from eco lifestyle.
What do you expect to see? My sims both aren’t Kleptomaniac and shouldn’t steal their own items, and if they do it should at least show up in their inventory. They’ve stolen 4 garbage cans.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to 1.26

They both do not have the kleptomaniac trait, they’ve only been stealing things from Eco lifestyle, and they only steal things when they’re in autonomous. I can’t make them steal things. The things they stolen also do not show up in inventory. 

Message 86 of 168 (1,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

Recycler sim with same problem - just watched her swipe her own child's violin and it's not in the house or her inventory.  No klepto trait. I've spoken to my friends and they have the same problem too.  

Message 87 of 168 (1,593 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree that all the unintentional swiping has been a huge nuisance.  Clearer descriptions, obvious warnings, etc. would help prevent this new Sim behavior from being quite so annoying.

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out.  This thread is long and I just jumped to the end after reading about half the replies.

A few minutes ago, I discovered that the swiped items actually are in the Sim's personal inventory, even though we can't see the items by opening the inventory in the normal way and also even though the items seem like they are too large to go in the personal inventory (as opposed to the lot inventory).  Furthermore, all the stolen items were visible for each household member, regardless of who did the swiping.  These 'hidden' swiped items can be viewed by clicking on one of the Home Recycler machines and selecting "recycle from inventory".  I found the household's missing dining room table & chairs, etc.

I don't know if there is any way to extract these swiped items back out of the inventory or if the only option is to recycle them at this point.

Anyway, I hope this helps clear up at least some of the mystery of what is happening to all the stuff.

Message 88 of 168 (1,587 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oops, I guess it was the neighbor's table and chairs.  And the neighbor had their laptop. *sigh*

Message 89 of 168 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happens to me too and it's so damn annoying because I'm playing rags to riches and whenever I make progress and spend money on something my sim steals it ... the game sucks like this, I'll hope the update it otherwise I want my money back Zipped lips

Message 90 of 168 (1,476 Views)