My sim is swiping her own belongings! What is going ON?

by MamaKatz_cck

Original Post

Highlighted

My sim is swiping her own belongings! What is going ON?

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. This has been occurring since I installed Eco Lifestyle, that I'm aware of.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not even sure why it's happening, so it's hard to say. See the 'what happens' description for why.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been playing in Port Promise and my Sim has now swiped some of HER OWN belongings (the couch TWICE), and they just disappear, so I can't even put them back or re-purchase. My daughter has had it happen in her PC version as well. She has fewer packs (but most of them) and is also using Mods. I am not.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim's furniture to stay where I put it and not get a notification that she has swiped something without anyone catching her (from her own home!).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle and the latest patch (6/3) and Hotfix (6/4, I believe).

My Sim isn't a kleptomaniac at all, so this should not be occurring. Nor do we have that "Sharing Is Caring" N.A.P. in place (not that she should ever steal from herself even in those cases). It's just odd and very frustrating (RtR is my favorite way to play, so when money is tight, it's even less welcome than when they have so many Simoleons it makes no difference).

Message 61 of 168 (1,387 Views)

Re: My sim is swiping her own belongings! What is going ON?

Champion
@MamaKatz_cck Do they have the recycle disciple trait? The description for that says that if they don’t recycle often enough there will be “consequences” i.e. they will swipe and destroy their own stuff.
Message 62 of 168 (1,369 Views)

Hero
@MamaKatz_cck Merged your post with existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 168 (1,342 Views)

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★★★ Novice

Me too, new sim new lot no mods no cc ever. Interesting, I am also playing the container lot, also recycle disciple, green fiend and maker. Same pop up, Claudia successfully swiped an object without drawing any unwanted attention '.

The first time it was the outdoor bin, then the couch, then the replacement outdoor bin. I managed to stop her once, but i can't remember what she was going to take.

No klepto trait either.

Message 64 of 168 (1,310 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

★★★ Apprentice

This is literally my exact situation. Like, same traits, same lot choice.... and she's at a friend's house, and I watched her swipe something, and she got the moodlet as if she had the kleptomaniac trait, even says "from kleptomaniac trait". But, I've not changed her traits at all since creating her, so it's not like it's leftover from having been a kleptomaniac.

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 12.26.13 PM.png

Message 65 of 168 (1,273 Views)

★ Novice
@idahpews Same my sim randomly steals her own items but I can't find them anywhere. I have no mods or cc. I repaired my game last night and it's still not fixed. I have to constantly replace sofas or my dog bowl.
Message 66 of 168 (1,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This is happening to me, also. Every single time I interact with my kitchen trash bin (sort out recyclables, search for bits, etc), POOF. It disappears. I've had to re-purchase my trash bin four or five times now!

Traits: Recycle Disciple, Maker, Green Fiend
Lot: Canal Corner

Message: Luka successfully swiped an object, without drawing any unwanted attention.

The weird thing is this is my second Sim in this world. It wasn't happening on my previous Sim who only had Maker and Green Fiend. So it must have something to do with the Recycle Disciple trait. 

Message 67 of 168 (1,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@simvasion Oooh! THAT is what causes it!! Yeah, she's been 'tense' for lack of recycling at times. That is a weird consequence, though--is stuff at least being broken down into components/recycled?

Message 68 of 168 (1,215 Views)

★ Novice

Super annoying when I have a new sim and trying to live off the items I have like the easel.

My sim who had the recycle trait just decided to swipe it and the little green bananapeal/trash icons appare just like when you earn simoleons.

It’s hard to have your sim recycling items when you are in the starting fase!

Message 69 of 168 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • My sim keeps stealing her husband's easel and it disappears completely. I've bought 3 easels now. Whyyyyy
Message 70 of 168 (1,174 Views)