Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@CydeaChan So actually found out that if you go in any map, lets say in my case Oasis spring, if you click on the footprint icon at the top of the screen there are 4 different parts circling sections on the map, each zone needs a voting board, so 1 community lot, in order to see the "hidden" community traits. You cannot vote if your sims does not live in that area, but you can try to repel the current options. However, I don't think I would like to have 1 community lot per map sections, that would result in 4 community lots on 1 whole map(city) where I can't put a house. In smaller maps like forgotten hollow that's 1 too many lot.
Message 31 of 168 (3,133 Views)

★ Guide

The gurus explained in the gameplay stream. That sims with one of the new traits, (not sure witch) will get tense if they haven't composted or recycled in a while. If they are left too long they will steal their own items. This is by design. A consequence of ignoring a trait different from a tense moodlet. Unfortunately I believe you are experiencing a feature, not a bug. 

Message 32 of 168 (3,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I recently found out that sims stealing objects in your home is due to the "sharing is caring" action plan. You can shift click the mailbox or voting board and repeal against it to remove it from your neighbourhood. This will stop them from stealing from you in future.

Message 33 of 168 (3,053 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If this is a feature not a bug, then it's a poorly implemented feature. Using the notifications for the kleptomaniac trait don't work here. A simple message saying she recycled her own object would make much more sense, and be infinitely less confusing. Additional warning and any prominence for the impending action would be helpful, too, based on how many people are reporting this as an issue. 

Message 34 of 168 (3,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@shessassyI have to agree, it was poorly done. My game had only been running for two in game days and it happened with no warning or negative moodlet to give me a chance to fix it.

I also haven't seen anything become of it, nothing in my inventory that i can tell? isn't recycling suppose to give you something?
My poor dog had no bowl cause they stole it lol.

Message 35 of 168 (3,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have something similar in that visitors to my lot keep stealing the furniture.  This is a big problem as I'm in a university dorm so can't replace the items.  I've had to change dorms as the last one was left with zero furniture in the living room and all the computers gone.  I've locked the bedroom door in the new dorm but the TV, lounge table and sofa has already been swiped.  I think it's family members who have apartment keys doing the stealing (grandma definitely stole the kitchen counter) so I know none of them have the klepto.  The problem started after installing the Eco pack.  I didn't have the issue with just the new update installed.

Message 36 of 168 (3,004 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Boedicia69 This might apply to others in this thread, but as mentioned earlier I don't have the sharing is caring action plan nor does a lot of others in here.

I see @Reekyteek mentions it's a feature, but I have to agree it's poorly implemented in that case. My sim had just recycled and she had no moodlet suggesting she needed to recycle more.

This pack seems to be riddled with bugs and it's ruining what I otherwise would've found a fun and intriguing expansion.
Message 37 of 168 (2,965 Views)

Hero

Could we please keep this on topic ?

There's several similar issues and I don't have the time to go through and split you to the right thread.

- Sims with recycle trait stealing their own stuff --> This thread

- Sims taking other people stuff while corresponding action plan is in place --> Not a bug but maybe a bit excessive. Currently several threads, will need to do some merging when I get a chance

- Sims taking other people stuff without the corresponding action plan --> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NPCs-Continuously-Steal-Community-Sinks-with-No-N-A-P-Permitti...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 168 (2,940 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm seeing this too. In every neighborhood. Neighbors knocking on the door, then without being greeted or invited in, just goes onto my lot and steal something, simmers I've created and townies who does not have the klepto trait.

It's getting really frustrating. 

I think my own active Sims does it too, just haven't caught her in the act yet, but something just disappeared.. Yet again. 

Message 39 of 168 (2,931 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Reekyteek wrote:

The gurus explained in the gameplay stream. That sims with one of the new traits, (not sure witch) will get tense if they haven't composted or recycled in a while. If they are left too long they will steal their own items. This is by design. A consequence of ignoring a trait different from a tense moodlet. Unfortunately I believe you are experiencing a feature, not a bu

@Reekyteek wrote:

The gurus explained in the gameplay stream. That sims with one of the new traits, (not sure witch) will get tense if they haven't composted or recycled in a while. If they are left too long they will steal their own items. This is by design. A consequence of ignoring a trait different from a tense moodlet. Unfortunately I believe you are experiencing a feature, not a bug. 

But I'm seeing all Sims doing this, even Sims I made before the expansion who does not have either new traits or the klepto trait. 

Message 40 of 168 (2,920 Views)