Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [EL] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

Hero
@shessassy Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-EL-Sim-swiping-own-household-objects-without-klept... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 168 (4,987 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. My sim has the new recycling trait, too. I’m not noticing any problematic moodlets for that when this happens. 

I'm playing on a small lot in Newcrest, with all of the packs. My Sim does not have the kleptomaniac trait, nor is the NAP about sharing in place.

Every now and again, I get an alert that she has successfully swiped something without being noticed, and then the sofa (from the flea market in City Living) is gone. I haven't seen her take it, but it seems to correspond.

The item isn't going into her inventory, or the household inventory. It seems to be the same item that's going - and because there are so few items in the place, I'm pretty sure it's the only thing affected.

This is a pretty new save, with no mods or CC. 

Message 12 of 168 (4,983 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think this is why my dumpster keeps vanishing. I have seen that she swiped some stuff but didn’t realise that’s what it meant it’s happening very regularly 

Message 13 of 168 (4,942 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes I think this is the same issue thanks 

Message 14 of 168 (4,943 Views)

Hero
@SeanBobbyG I've merged yours into the other then as that had more me toos

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 168 (4,943 Views)

Champion

Are you sure this isn’t because of the Sharing is Caring neighbourhood action plan? When that is active, any sim in the neighbourhood can swipe anything, even if they aren’t klepto.

It’s what that NAP is meant to do, but I’m not sure if stealing your own stuff is normal.

Message 16 of 168 (4,888 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@simvasion The sharing is caring action plan is not in place on my save, so it can't be that.
Message 17 of 168 (4,853 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★★ Pro

Sims with the recycler trait will recycle their own household items if they haven't recycled for a while.  Is this happening to Sims without the recycler trait?

Message 18 of 168 (4,819 Views)

Sim steals his own stuff

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 7.2
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure my sim did it autonomously when he was in a playful mood but he isn't a klepto
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim swiped his own trash can then it disappeared
What do you expect to see? he shouldn't steal his own stuff
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. eco living patch

So I installed the new expansion this morning. I'm currently playing without mods or CC because I wanted to see how everything was working without that stuff in my game. Everything is going pretty well but I ran into an interesting glitch. My sim autonomously decided to "attempt to swipe" an object. He is not a kleptomaniac but he was in a playful mood. The main problem is that he was on his own lot and it was his own trash can that he swiped lol! I'm sure this has to be a bug right? It was amusing anyway. I assumed the trash can would be in his household inventory but it was not. It basically just disappeared after he swiped it.

Message 19 of 168 (4,790 Views)

Re: Sim steals his own stuff

Hero
@chellexmarie Does your Sim also have the recycler trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 168 (4,783 Views)