by koshechka84

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Sim Places Tablet on Floor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Sim use the Electronic drafting tablet while sitting.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim places the tablet on the floor when done.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to place the tablet back in it's inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the video below, I show the Sim placing the tablet back in the inventory while standing.  When sitting, the Sim places the tablet on the floor.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (7,344 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sim Places Tablet on Floor After Use when Sitting

★★★★ Guide

i have this ever since, never thought about it being a bug or just bad game design. something i can live with but i agree the fact it would be nice they put it back in the inventory immidiatley after finishing. so you wont have to press it back to inventory manualy.

Message 2 of 20 (7,211 Views)
Highlighted

sims obsessively putting tablets/sketchpads on the floor

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Eps, except ECO. All GPs. All SPs except Tiny Living, Moschino, Spooky.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, use the tablet or sketch pad.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not place the tablet or sketch pad on the table where it's been before. They are obsessed to put them on the floor.
What do you expect to see? Sims should put the tablet on the table from where they took it or in their inventory and not on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.136.1010

After the latest patch (1.63) sims've stopped putting tablets and sketch pads on the tables and put them only on the floor. They are somewhat obsessed to put it only on the floor.

Before patch it was ok, and if they took it from the table they then put it there. If the tablet was taken from their inventory they put it there after using.

I think it should be like that. The thigs should be returned to where they were taken from.

And now half of playing time is searching for tablets/sketch pads through the houses!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ge8LpCpdILWHDgD0chGum0-_z0Y_-WO_/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 20 (7,228 Views)

Re: sims obsessively putting tablets/sketchpads on the floor

★ Guide
@koshechka84 They should stop doing both actually, It would make sense if they kept it in their inventory or something
Message 4 of 20 (7,186 Views)

Hero
@koshechka84 Does it matter if they sit or stand ?

This older report suggests it's only when they sit: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Sim-Places-Tablet-on-Floor-After-Use-when/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (7,162 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict From my playing experience it happens no matter if they sit or stand. They put tablet on the floor after using, also no matter if I cancel the action or themselves.

@Vatzfu Oh, personally I don't like to play with inventory in this case much. I usually have 1 or 2 tabets for all family members. (well, I'm playing with Autonomy Off Standard smile )

Message 6 of 20 (7,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I notice that sims will only put the tablets (Slablet, sketchpad and the toddler one) on surfaces only when in their home lot before 1.63 patch (sitting or standing). Now I notice that they just dump them on the ground no matter what lot they are in after using. Normally they will put the tablets back into their inventory when using them outside their home lot, so there is definitely something going on here.

Message 7 of 20 (7,160 Views)

★★★ Novice
@canelacaliente Yeah same here - when my Sim finishes with her tablet, instead of placing it back in her inventory or on the empty table in front of her, she stands up and puts it on the floor instead?
Message 8 of 20 (7,129 Views)

Hero
@koshechka84 Merging anyways. Adjusted the title.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (7,093 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sim Places Tablet on Floor

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too. It's really annoying especially on public lots like the library in Windenburg. Sims will just leave all the tablets on the floor anywhere instead of putting them back on a table.

Message 10 of 20 (6,979 Views)