by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Repeal N.A.P.s doing nothing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to repeal an N.A.P. My sim's hunger line will completely fill, but her plate won't empty and she will eat until I cancel the task. 
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't get the option to get signatures, but it says that the repeal is in progress in my notifications. My sim's hunger line will completely fill, but her plate won't empty and she will eat until I cancel the task. 
What do you expect to see? The option to get signatures for repeals. My sim complete her meal and move on to another task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried to repeal the "sharing is caring" and the bag on head N.A.P.s. I got the notification that I've started the repeal process, but don't have the option to repeal and it says I have no current repeals open.

Also, I'm still having the issue where my sim's hunger line will completely fill, but her plate won't empty and she will eat until I cancel the task. This does not occur every time, but maybe 25% of the time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (4,435 Views)

Re: Can't repeal N.A.P.s or stop eating

Hero
@1BlessedNonni THis is two separate issues, right ?

Could you try repairing the game for the eating and if it doesn't work make a second thread for this ?

As for the reappeal, I haven't had a chance to try this out myself so don't know how it works but it says on that message it can take a while ? Isn't just the process still going on ? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (4,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey, Crin.  If you look at the bottom of the screenshot it shows that I have no repeals in progress, even though I tried 2 different ones and I got the notification saying I could start collecting signatures. Neither of them allowed me the option to ask for signatures. I had repealed before the newest update, without issue. I just needed to get the 5 signatures, which came easily, and it showed me how many signatures I'd gotten/needed. Now, it's saying that I've started the repeal process, but I don't have the option to get signatures and it says I have no repeals going in my N.A.P. menu. Voting is currently closed now, so I can't petition for repeal. I will try again once it opens back up. 

As far as the eating issue, I see a lot of others are having issues with getting their sims to eat, too. I will try repairing and open another thread if that doesn't work.

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 17 (4,318 Views)

Hero
@1BlessedNonni There have been others reporting it, just wanted to make sure you're not saying they are connected. In the bug forum, there should be one thread per issue.

I know there's another thread around somewhere but I can't remember if that was in bugs, tech or even in the German forum so for now, could you make a separate thread for the eating and make this about the N.A.P. only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (4,285 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I made a separate thread yesterday. Sorry for the confusion, it was late and I was aggravated, so I just put it all out there in one. 

Thank you, again! 

Message 5 of 17 (4,254 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@1BlessedNonni I've answered your other thread. Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (4,222 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Also getting this bug, trying to repeal Sharing Is Caring to stop people stealing equipment from my Vet Clinic. Got it repealed in another neighborhood the other day but now every time I try it the Influence Points are consumed and I get the notification but nothing shows up as being in the repeal process.

I used cheats to get the household/business money, the household is in another area map from the business and I toggled the "NPCs can vote on NAP" option while trying to get a repeal through. I tried with different sims in the same household and after rebooting the game but it still consumes 10 influence points every time.
Message 7 of 17 (4,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I know for sure you can't repeal/vote outside of your own neighborhood, unfortunately. I tried that, as well. I'm not sure why, but mine is working properly now, but only in the neighborhood I live in.

@SkyroBlade wrote:
@crinrictAlso getting this bug, trying to repeal Sharing Is Caring to stop people stealing equipment from my Vet Clinic. Got it repealed in another neighborhood the other day but now every time I try it the Influence Points are consumed and I get the notification but nothing shows up as being in the repeal process.

I used cheats to get the household/business money, the household is in another area map from the business and I toggled the "NPCs can vote on NAP" option while trying to get a repeal through. I tried with different sims in the same household and after rebooting the game but it still consumes 10 influence points every time.

Message 8 of 17 (3,967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@1BlessedNonniI've answered your other thread. Would you mind sending me your save ?

I sent to your inbox! Thank you, again!

Message 9 of 17 (3,943 Views)

Hero
@1BlessedNonni I tested your save and I can't duplicate either issue. I got the option to collect signatures and the Sims eats up

Do you have the issue for a specific NAP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (3,917 Views)