Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Random trash piles in inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Spooky Stuff and Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing with the Eco Lifestyle game pack and recycling from the large trashcans.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random trash piles are appearing in all sims inventories. I can remove them and place them in the world but if I remove one, another one appears in the inventory (it has even happened with a toddler sim, who cannot interact with the trashcans).
What do you expect to see? Trash piles in every sim's inventory randomly appearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been playing with a household in Port Promise as normal but trash piles keep randomly appearing in their inventory. They are not stuck (I can remove them) but it's just annoying when even my toddler sims have trash piles in their inventory! I'm not sure if this is happening for a reason or whether it is a bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 33 (5,208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Random trash piles in inventory

Hero

Toddlers living in Lots with the Reuse and Recycle Lot Trait mayyyybe were taking it a bit too far generating trash piles in their inventories. Put that down - No more trash in your pockets.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (4,170 Views)

All Replies

Re: Random trash piles in inventory

Hero
@maddiee_little Could you list the current N.A.Ps in all of your three hoods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (5,135 Views)

I have this problem too.  Random trash piles appear in the inventory.  All expansion packs installed.  Started fresh game with no mods.  Along with the other glitches like future cube and clay, the game is currently unplayable.

Message 3 of 33 (5,112 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have noticed this issue too. At the time, the only active NAP for that household's neighborhood was Self-Sufficiency.

Message 4 of 33 (5,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm currently playing in Port Promise on the Shipping Views lot, in the Port Promise neighbourhood there is: Clean Energy Production, Eco-Friendly Appliances, Green Gardening and Green Initiatives in Port Promise. 
In Grims Quarry there is: Foodies Unite, Juiced Community, Tech Support and Water Conservation.
In Conifer Station there is: Green Gardening, Green Initiatives in Conifer Station, Juiced Community and Modern Development in Conifer Station.

Message 5 of 33 (5,097 Views)

Hero
@maddiee_little Thank you

Adding as Needs input to gather more voices

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (5,031 Views)

★★ Pro

So far my only active NAPs are Tech Support and Fun-Loving Community. That's in Willow Creek and the Arts Quarter in San Myshuno. I do have the lot trait for recycling on the lot I'm playing on right now. Maybe that's it?

Message 7 of 33 (4,990 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Random trash piles in inventory

★★ Guide

I don't know if you've seen the behavior or not, but I've seen sims digging in the house's trash can and wind up with them.  I've also noticed when pets dig through the trash or NPCs do it, my toddlers play in it and sometimes pick it up.  I wonder if thats where its from?  i've definitely had trash in my toddlers inventory.

Message 8 of 33 (4,975 Views)

★ Apprentice

I thought it could be from interacting with trashcans or trash piles when they pick them up but even minutes after taking it out of their inventory, another one pops up! I'll keep an eye on them to see if they're interacting with the trash piles but I've been playing for a while and I haven't noticed them interacting with them.

Message 9 of 33 (4,965 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@maddiee_little Does the lot have the recycler trait?

Message 10 of 33 (4,932 Views)