by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] [PC/MAC] Flickering Textures in Evergreen Harbour

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own and play with all the packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing in Evergreen Harbor, I have an apartment in Conifer Station at Pinecrest Apartments. I own the apartment on the left. When looking at the apartment in the background, you can see Z-Fighting on one of the patios.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug only occurs at certain zoom levels, Such as when zoomed in on my sim I can see the Z-Fighting in the back. The two textures that are fighting are the patio texture on the lowest level and the pavement. (look at attached pictures and video)
What do you expect to see? I would expect it to only show the patio texture and not fighting between two different textures
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Look at the pictures and videos

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Fixed formatting

Message 1 of 5 (3,697 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Flickering Textures in Evergreen Harbour

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

atm, the only texture I see flickering is those 3 big tanks with a picture of fish, unsure what others are. its been doing that once the neighborhood hit Eco foot print friendly industrial 

06-15-20_7-23-33 AM.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (3,617 Views)

Overlapping textures on world deco objects in Evergreen Harbor

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load any lot in Conifer Station. I suspect this may have to do with repealing Modern Dev. in Conifer Station and voting in Green Dev. in Conifer Station NAP. I did not do this via cheats or mods.
What happens when the bug occurs? The textures of multiple world objects in Evergreen Harbor flicker and overlap - see attached videos. (No, this is NOT the bug when the water disappears.)
What do you expect to see? I expect the objects to have a single texture, not two overlapping/flickering ones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello,

I'm having a problem with textures in Evergreen Harbor, more specifically Conifer Station. I've described the bug above and want to stress once again that this is NOT the bug with missing water or objects. Everything seems to be in place, but with multiple textures overlapping on neighborhood decoration objects.

I tried verifying game files (via Steam), restarting the game, reloading lots and all that.

Please see attached videos. I've also uploaded them to imgur here for simpler viewing.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 3 of 5 (1,518 Views)

Re: Overlapping textures on world deco objects in Evergreen Harbor

★★★★ Novice

Bumping this thread, I hope that's OK. It's been two years, are there really zero fixes? It's extremely visually annoying, I'd take even a mod that deletes one of the textures or directions to make such a mod myself. Is this being worked on, has it at least made on a to-fix list? I'd appreciate any input here.

Message 4 of 5 (1,281 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [PC/MAC] Flickering Textures in Evergreen Harbour

★★★★ Guide

I have the same texture bug.

Message 5 of 5 (673 Views)