Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With Eco-Lifestyle, use Off-the-Grid lot trait; have a turbine or solar panel to generate power; eventually message will appear saying lot is generating power surplus. Have one of the 2 off-the-grid fridges: "IceBOX Vintage Refrigerator" or "30 Day Glimmerbrook Fridge". Then, without using the fridge or any power items, eventually message will appear saying lot has "used up the last of its power reserves". There is no option to "Turn off Utility Usage" unlike with off-the-grid showers and toilets.
What happens when the bug occurs? With Eco-Lifestyle, use Off-the-Grid lot trait; have a turbine or solar panel to generate power; eventually message will appear saying lot is generating power surplus. Have one of the 2 off-the-grid fridges: "IceBOX Vintage Refrigerator" or "30 Day Glimmerbrook Fridge". Then, without using the fridge or any power items, eventually message will appear saying lot has "used up the last of its power reserves". There is no option to "Turn off Utility Usage" unlike with off-the-grid showers and toilets.
What do you expect to see? I expect that power will ONLY be drawn from the off-the-grid fridge if we use the power options initially disabled when there is no power-reserve. It should not automatically start draining the power on its own just because my lot is now generating power. It should function how it does when there is no power reserve. Otherwise, there should be an option to turn off utility usage like off-the-grid toilets and showers have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

As reported in bug form.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 29 (11,234 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage

Hero

Fridges using ice that are Off the Grid will no longer drain power.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (1,171 Views)

All Replies

Re: Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage

★ Guide

I have the same issue. I found a off the grid fridge from dumpster diving and used it until I figured it might be the cause. It uses up 5 consumption so I got two solar panels, but it kept going. Then I deleted it, but it's still happening and I don't have anything on my lot that consumes power.

Message 2 of 29 (11,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@LaJefa_05Interesting. I will try deleting my fridge and see if the power just drains on its own regardless. I did make sure that in the Bills menu it is set to "store" and not auto-sell, so it shouldn't be draining.

Edit: deleting the fridge kept my power, in my game. Once I added the off-the-grid fridge back, it started draining again.

Message 3 of 29 (11,143 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem with all of the grit fridges. and i also has this problems with of the grit lights! like candels on the wall use power HOW?!

Message 4 of 29 (11,082 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I think it might be the candles which is crazy. When the power runs out, the candles still work, but their's no power though.

Message 5 of 29 (11,068 Views)

★ Guide

Hmm, do you have candles on your lot? I'm starting to think it might also be a bug that candles are using power when they shouldn't on my lot.

Message 6 of 29 (11,067 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@LaJefa_05 I have both candles and fridges. In my game, when I deleted the fridge, it stopped draining the power surplus even though the candles were on. Although I do not know if candles were draining any power. I can try to test that tonight. But as soon as I put the fridge back on the lot, power was drained very quickly.
Message 7 of 29 (10,985 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usa

★★★ Novice

Definitely independent of fridges. I started having a power drain as soon as I added solar panels and a wind turbine despite having nothing that uses electricity. 

I then switched lots, and continued to be charged power despite only having a beach towel and mailbox on the lot. 

Message 8 of 29 (10,901 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usa

★ Guide
@failedslacker Definity sounds like a bug with Off the grid lot trait.
Message 9 of 29 (10,876 Views)

[UNSURE] Option missing to turn off power consumption on fridges

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a fridge while on a lot that has surplus power saved up and the option to stop it using surplus power doesn't show up like it does for all other items.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to stop fridges using surplus power isn't there so they just use up all or most of the energy you save making it pointless for small off the grid lots.
What do you expect to see? The option to stop it using surplus power like other items,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent one for eco lifestyle when you introduced the feature

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, a mistake or an oversight but whenever you click on fridges when you're making surplus power, you can't turn off power consumption like you can other items. You have the option to stock fridges with ice so they work without power so i don't understand why this is missing, you can't save up power if a fridge constantly uses it & not having one is silly, you should be able to turn off surplus power consumption just like you can stoves & showers etc.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 10 of 29 (10,751 Views)