[FIXED] [ECO] Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage

by RenegadeKittyOG

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Option missing to turn off power consumption on fridges

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I think it's an oversight, the off-the-grid fridge should not start draining power just because you generate some. It would be nice to have a "disable utility usage" for the fridge, like we have for toilets, bathtubs, sinks...It consumes power even when at 100% ice. It drains power by default instead of only when out of ice.

It was annoying before but now after cottage living with so many players doing off-the-grid games it's even more important to release a fix for this, I think.

Message 21 of 29 (1,526 Views)

★ Guide
How is this STILL an issue?? Just running into this with my new save. I got a wind turbine so I could cook, and the power is being drained by my OTG fridge that has ice in it?? I dont want my fridge to use that power.
Message 22 of 29 (1,334 Views)

★★ Novice

I saved my game, exited Sims 4, and returned. The fridge and stove now offer the ability to turn off utility use. HOWEVER I still have power drain. I am eliminating my different candles in turn to figure out if any of them are the issue, because I am running out of options.

Message 23 of 29 (1,221 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage

★★ Pro

So what's up with this?! Trying to play off-the-grid is so difficult with this bug and the one that disables sims from cooking freshly caught fish on the campfires. And of course plants reverting to dirt piles.

Could we at least get a response on how this is supposed to work? What's the point of having off-the-grid fridges if they drain power? I've once again drained the last of my power on the lot even though both my fridge and stove are off-the-grid versions. I have electric lights that are on auto-light and the sim had been outside for hours before getting the notification so it couldn't have been the lights draining all the power.

Message 24 of 29 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

For people which want to use mods zero had a mod for this bug since 2020. Just google * Zero All Various fixes*

Zero -> All Various fixes -> UtilitiesDrainPowerOffTheGrind.package

I just don't think we get a bugfix for this issue.

Message 25 of 29 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@daikoyu Hello, thanks I did not know there was this way I look for it now
Message 26 of 29 (976 Views)

★★ Pro
@daikoyu Thanks for this! I am willing to use mods to fix this buggy game but I am waiting for an official fix nevertheless. I mean as it is, console players can't properly play Off the grid gameplay and it's unacceptable!
Message 27 of 29 (942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I know this is old but I just came across it while playing. A house I built as an off the grid was consuming power. I had everything set to not use utilities. I had off the grid functional everything. The only thing it wouldn't let me turn off the utility for was the shower from the university/high school expansion. I'm not sure which one it is but it's one of those. The one that attaches to the wall with just the shower head and knobs. My power kept draining though instead of my water. When i got rid of those the power stopped draining. Now power and water are both showing in the green.

Message 28 of 29 (848 Views)

Hero

Fridges using ice that are Off the Grid will no longer drain power.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (1,556 Views)