[FIXED] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)

by verfens

Original Post

Townies Swiping Community Lot Objects

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to a community lot and look around.
What happens when the bug occurs? A random townie swipes a ton of objects from the community lot.
What do you expect to see? I except nobody to be swiping a ton of objects from my community lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Eco Lifestyle and the two preceding free updates.

Sim did not have the kleptomaniac trait. No neighborhoods in the save file had enacted the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. From what I noticed, she had swiped barstools, a sink, dining tables, chairs, chess tables, and dining booths. When I replaced the objects, she continued to swipe again. 

Message 81 of 493 (2,876 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Apprentice

I must say this is the most maddening, game-breaking feature added to the game thus far. Even when working as intended (i.e. only when the NAP is active in that neighborhood) it makes gameplay extremely frustrating. I had a sim travel to a bar and not even 5 minutes later she couldn't start a club gathering because the bar was incomplete. Went into build mode to replace the TV & barstools, but in the time it took for my sim to walk over to watch TV with her friends it was swiped again. 

Message 82 of 493 (2,853 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★ Newbie

Same thing just started happening to me! I cannot keep my veterinary hospital furnished 😅

Message 83 of 493 (2,825 Views)

[ECO] Sharing is Caring N.A.P. breaks community lots

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. active. Visit a community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC's will steal from the community lot all objects rendering the lot useless.
What do you expect to see? NPC's to steal less from community lots. The tuning is way too high. After 3 visits to a community lot, the lot is almost bare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For example, at a bar, they will steal all the art off the walls, the barstools, the tables and chairs, the counters, electronics, etc until the lot is bare.  Since the lot no longer meets the lot requirements, NPC's no longer show up to the lot.  This makes the lot no longer functional unless the player manually edits the lot.

Message 84 of 493 (2,735 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I just started a new family and the first visitor that came over took their really nice dining set as soon as she walked in. I do not have sharing is caring active. I even saw my own sim take her couch but it wasn't in her personal or family inventory. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Message 85 of 493 (2,785 Views)

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

★★ Novice
@Knappenaal exactly what's happening to me too
Message 86 of 493 (2,766 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Does anyone know, do we have any indication EA is aware of this... at all?? I see there was a hotfix today but it's not mentioned. Although I wouldn't put it past them to quietly patch it and pretend like it never happened.

(also, are any former WoW players having flashbacks to that whole blood plague thing??)

Message 87 of 493 (2,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@inspiritedmama I think they'll start looking at the Caring is Sharing/disappearing pets/repetitive behavior issues once they iron out bugs that are still causing crashes & error notifications. That stuff probably takes priority, but Sim Guru Nick has been acknowledging gameplay issues on Twitter--so I think they at least know. 

P.S. as a current/long-time WoW player--yes!!!

Message 88 of 493 (2,736 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@LaurenVillone Fair. Fortunately I haven't been having crash issues, yet (knocks on wood).

My eventual eco-star sim is still finishing out her university degree so I haven't played too much with the new stuff. Guru Nick is awesome, hopefully they'll be getting to it before too long. I know it's not technically crashing.... but it IS pretty game-breaking.
Message 89 of 493 (2,719 Views)

Re: [ECO] Sharing is Caring N.A.P. breaks community lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@canelacaliente As the whole sharing is caring is a big problem and there have been several reports like yours in here (sometimes all lumped in one post), I'm going to merge your thread as well.

Should this continue to be a problem after they fix the main issue, I will split again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 493 (2,679 Views)