[FIXED] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)

by verfens

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Just adding my "Me too," here because for some reason that option is not showing for me.

I turned off NPC voting and went through all my residential neighborhoods and made sure "Sharing is Caring" was not active.

BUT, I have several neighborhoods that are just Community lots. Retail, Parks, Cafés, Restaurants, Gyms, Pools and so on. Every. Single. One. of those non-residential neighborhoods has "Sharing is STEALING!" active and there is no way to fix this (not even a cheat) because no one lives there. I've not checked the GTW Police, Hospital or Science lots. Scary thought. 

I opened my Art Gallery in Magnolia Promenade and within seconds half my stock was stolen. What on earth were the Developers thinking!? 

At first I thought we just needed a way to exclude lots from the stealing, but after seeing the devastation it causes, I think "Sharing is Caring" needs to go. (They got rid of "Writer's Block" they can get rid of this.)

In fact I've pretty much had it with all the other non "Eco" action plans as well. The plum Maid is so busy mashing clay she never cleans. What!?

Message 281 of 493 (1,027 Views)

Disappearing Objects - Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects in the game just disappear.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my objects staying where I put them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Things are randomly going missing! The kitchen sink, two different kitchen counters, the bathroom sink, the couch, a side table, and some decorative objects all suddenly go missing. I tried to repair my game but things are still randomly disappearing. My sims have guests over all the time but I don't think it's a klepto because they usually don't steal the couch. I haven't installed anything new to my game recently to cause it. I had one mod that I deleted and still, the problem keeps occurring. My sims aren't interacting with the object at all before it goes missing and I'm never looking at it when it does. i also have no idea what will disappear next so I cant video it. 

Message 282 of 493 (1,012 Views)

Re: NPC's Swiping Furniture Multiple Times in Same Game Day

[ Edited ]
Hero

@austy_spumanty

@Readerrosebud 

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 283 of 493 (987 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★★★ Novice

This is getting really annoying now.

I watched a sim take my dining table, 4 chairs and even the vase in the middle with just one swipe. 

And worst of all just happened, in the middle of my child sims birthday party someone has just stolen the table complete with birthday cake that was lit for them to blow out their candles! Angry

Message 284 of 493 (949 Views)

Re: Random Sims keep stealing my things

★ Pro

@PriestessAvenara wrote:

The reason I restarted my game with NPC's ability to vote turned off BEFORE the restart was because I was starting to feel like a prisoner in my house. With quarantining going on, SIMS 4 was supposed to be my haven to freely walk around and greet people. So when I felt like I was stuck all over again, couldn't invite my friends over for a meal or to dance, couldn't go to other neighborhoods to visit them anymore in case they had the Sharing is Caring N.A.P., even had to fence in my own yard...it kinda took away my haven. I realized I was living in more fear in game than even in real life since at least I don't have to worry about random people coming onto my property and stealing our grill or lilac bush or anything else offline.

Which ended up being my turning point. As much fun as I found it trying to convince my neighbors to vote for whatever flavor of the week N.A.P. I was into, it just wasn't worth the quality of life change for me. I needed an outlet to make me feel FREER in today's society and I found things had taken a turn for the worse where I had been seeking my freedom.

Now, I invite who I want to, have my dinner parties because I love to cook, tend my garden without fear of anything except maybe the loss in quality that seems to create, visit my new friends in their houses in other neighborhoods, go to those randomized dance parties, and feel the freedom I so very much craved all over again.

Now if only I could solve the mystery of the plants decreasing in health after I harvest and convince my cat not to visit other worlds without me. I did notice when I put my cursor over his grayed out name it would have a world name or neighborhood or place floating there so somehow, with autonomy off, my cat is managing the hamster trick of going poof on me to another place. I'd very much like to know who is feeding my cat better than the gourmet food I make a habit of feeding him and luring him away from his house. Hmmmmmmm. Well, either way I keep "finding" him and bringing him back home so while annoying it isn't stressing me out nearly as much as that N.A.P. was. Now I need a nap. *laughs*

I do hope they get rid of that N.A.P. entirely and realize it's terrorizing their players instead of being the bunch of fun they thought it'd be. In concept it's hilarious, until you find yourself in buy/build mode 90% of the time trying to replace everything being stolen whether it is in your house or a place you are visiting or even worse your place of business after working so very hard to get everything just right/made. Game play grinds to a halt unless you want things cleaned out. The concept and the reality don't match up sadly. RIP wild harvestables. We will miss you.

Also bless the soul who put up the perfect soy bean plant for me. I didn't even know they existed to try to get them out of the seed packets in the first place. It doesn't help I started the save in Winter so by Spring when I might have noticed them they were all snatched up. Serves me right for deviating from my normal Spring start I suppose. I wonder if there are other plants I'm missing out on now. I should go check. Be safe and hopefully happy simming to you all. :D

This. My refuge has been shattered. 

Message 285 of 493 (919 Views)

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

★ Pro

@MickRonson wrote:

I am having this problem on community lots I have built. Someone comes along and swipes everything. How to I tell if I have caring and sharing activated?

Kind regards James.

Quick FYI the easiest way to see N.A.P.s on community lots is to just add a mailbox. No need to search out the EL Community Board object. 

Message 286 of 493 (913 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m just saying, this is making me not even want to play the game. This has to be the dumbest thing BY far that sims makers added. Y’all didn’t give us cars but you got sims (family, friends, etc.) stealing all your *...just to go buy it again for it to be stolen again. I didn’t build and add stuff to my house just to be stolen...by any and everyone who is invited in. 

Message 287 of 493 (852 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wow! The birthday cake too!! Now that’s just rude 

Message 288 of 493 (826 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had a Christmas party and my guests including Santa stole 3 kitchen cabinets my decorations my fabricated tables and my bathroom sink! Ho Ho HO! 

Message 289 of 493 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The only solution I have found involves making sure that sharing and caring does not appear. I do this by engaging Testing Cheats and shift clicking on the Mailbox and giving myself loads of influence points and then voting for anything but caring and sharing to make sure it does not win. If caring and sharing comes up on starting a game I remove that game and start a new one.

This is not a full solution and I can just get the basics done but not play the game properly. EA need to remove caring and sharing because IMHO this is the problem.

EA are you taking notice of this or have you stopped reading the Forums?????

Kind regards James.

Message 290 of 493 (701 Views)