[FIXED] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)

by verfens

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

POsSIBLE SOLUTION TO THINGS DISAPEARING FROM LOTS.

The NAPs have been applied to all worlds randomly, The sharing is caring NAP is responsible for sims stealing things from your lot.  The way to stop this is to enable Testing Cheats then shift click on your mailbox and change the Nap for the area your lot is in. This may not work for all of you but in my case it has 100% solved the problems I was having.

TBH IMO this NAP should be excluded by EA from being used randomly in other worlds that you do not cointrol or that do not have a neighborhood board.

I hope this helps some of you out and you can now have visitors again.

Message 101 of 493 (6,140 Views)

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thank you for the job you make.

Issues I have , NPC steal : , sink, computers, chairs, tables, tables outside  I put in a café in Winderburg, the only business lot I play since June, 4th

• NPCs stealing from  businesses lots  which make the lots incomplete and unusable

• If you have Eco, please use this thread until this issue has been addressed : I have Eco

Language : French, no cc, no mods

Message 102 of 493 (6,125 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots (with and without N.A.P)

★★★ Newbie

I play on PS4 and I'm having the same problem, except it's my household sims who are swiping their own stuff and they don't appear in either their inventory or the household inventory. I've had to buy 4 new laptops because my sim swiped it from his own house! At 1000 simoleans each they're not cheap to replace. None of my sims are kleptomaniacs and the caring is sharing NAP isn't active. This is VERY annoying, and expensive.

Message 103 of 493 (6,066 Views)

sims 4 eco, sims randomly taking things

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4 latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle Island living Vampires Get famous Cats&dogs Vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play sims eco lifestyle and you can see what happens
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims other than the one I am playing randomly take things from either my sims residential lot or a shared lot. This has even happened when a character I created came into the home of a character I was currently playing and took his sink. I don’t have sharing is caring enabled
What do you expect to see? Sims not taking thing randomly, especially after I have just completed a build
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After sims eco installed

No screenshots available as stuff is there then it isn’t 

Message 104 of 493 (6,055 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★ Apprentice

Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? As soon as I open the game, every time.
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 I think? The latest patch 10 one.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the new Eco expac for longer than 2 minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims who do not have the klepto trait will now strip both community and residential lots absolutely bare of anything that can be taken, whether or not the "sharing is caring" NAP is active in any town (and for the record, in my game it's not - I disabled it in every single world myself).
What do you expect to see? Sims not stealing anything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but this happens with and without mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After I bought Eco Living I guess?
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading Eco Living?

Message 105 of 493 (6,024 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue with not having sharing is caring in place. Every time an npc comes to my sims house I need to keep an eye on them because the cat almost starved when I didn't realize her food bowl was stolen by the waste manager. I have no mods and only a cc OMSP shelf (that I never leave in my builds). I didn't seem to have this problem until the latest hot fix I think.

Message 106 of 493 (6,003 Views)

Random Sims keep stealing my things

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? a bunch but this is new since I got Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by having other sims come to your house
What happens when the bug occurs? so far 3 different sims have stolen a bunch of stuff from me. only 1 had the Kleptomaniac trait. one was my best friend / love interest
What do you expect to see? non klepto sims should not steal my stuff
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack, started a brand new game, all was fine then they started stealing stuff

naughty sims

Message 107 of 493 (5,991 Views)

Re: Sims Stealing Restaurant Objects in Eco Lifestyle after Sharing is Caring Re

★ Apprentice

It ruins the game as you can buy everything anyway why take it from other lots.  My university hall now says incomplete so clearly there is nothing to stop the game being unplayable.  

Message 108 of 493 (5,958 Views)

[Eco] Sharing is Caring NAP pulling the chair out from under me.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the N.A.P. Sharing is Caring active, wait for an NPC to steal something you are using - Most likely if you are sat at a table with many chairs around it.
What happens when the bug occurs? With the N.A.P. Sharing is Caring active, an NPC (in the majority of my observations, a university roommate NPC) will steal items your sim is using. e.g. the chair they are sat on. In one case this was done by the NPC stealing a table, and by extention stealing all of the chairs and anything on the table as well.
What do you expect to see? I expect NPCs to not steal from their own home addresses (refering to roommate NPCs), and I expect NPCs to be unable to take items that are in use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Eco Living

Anyone else feeling like dining tables are a weird, obsessive target for theives with this NAP? Its all those chairs, man. Why steal one item per theft when you can steal multiple? Why steal the kitchen sink when you can take the cabinet its set into as well? Genius, but very unhelpful.

If, when my sim is stealing things, the buff they recieve implies that they can be caught, why can my sim not catch the woman that stole a chair from under his buttocks?

So many issues, so little programming put into child objects with this new feature!

Message 109 of 493 (5,975 Views)

Re: Random Sims keep stealing my things

★★ Novice

Same! They keep stealing my sofa, counters and chess table!

Message 110 of 493 (5,959 Views)