Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

by Sei_Stargirl

Original Post

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

Hero
@Crozess Partly

There's still bugs with this but it should now only happen if the NAP is active in your hood.

There's still an issue with rotational game play and existing saves though. More details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav...

Also, I don't think stealing from community lots should be a thing and also only low priced stuff should get nicked, not everything

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 431 of 493 (1,271 Views)

Sims 4 objects disappearing

★ Novice

Hi, I’ve been playing sims since it first came out obsessively in my teen years... I just bought the eco expansion and the knitting pack and now as I play my objects just disappear it started after eco was installed I have checked for kleptomaniacs, the recycling trait, and town action things on this new world none of those are present. I just furnished a house then watched as my tv, couch, counters, table, chairs, and various decorations just stopped being there I don’t use mods. I haven’t used any cheats on this one but they are unlocked for when their moods get stuck declining and they won’t fix them which happens. It’s making the game unplayable which is really disappointing I was hoping it would fix with the knitting pack but it didn’t. Please address this bug I love sims!!! 

Message 432 of 493 (1,257 Views)

Re: Sims 4 objects disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this same problem on community and residential lots. I had to refurnish the new bar in the new eco living world because all the bar stools and dining tables and chairs were missing. Father Winter also swiped a couch at a residential lot, and there were 4 other sims in the room and no one reacted to him swiping the couch. 

Message 433 of 493 (1,207 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★ Newbie

For me it keeps happening https://youtu.be/qA5n-Na4Cy0

Message 434 of 493 (1,198 Views)

★ Guide

My vet clinic just had 13 people steal from it in 6 Sim hours of being open. One of the thieves was a creation of mine. Nothing she has been created with would ever make her steal. Her daughter is very rich and famous but now digs in the trash a lot and constantly talks to everyone about the eco lifestyle.  They are all driving me insane! Seems like I'm always waiting for another game fixing update.

My clinic is in a different neighborhood than the one I can vote in. I'm about to sell the clinic and walk away or delete this eco lifestyle pack of trash. It's completely ruining my game. How did this get released in this condition? Here's an idea. How about you test packs before you release them and save ALL of us the hassle. These issues should have been going on before the game was launched so we the customer don't have to get infected with these issues.  Sorry I'm a bit upset for good reasons.

Message 435 of 493 (1,084 Views)

★ Guide

Fixed my stealing issue at the clinic. Created a new sim to a lot in that neighborhood, used the testing cheat, shift click the mailbox to redact NAP and removed thar sharing is caring crap! Why would you ever make that a thing? Make sure you go to game options to unchecked the box that says "Enable NPC Voting" under Eco Lifestyle.  

Each neighborhood could be affected....

We need a box in the game menu to disable sharing is caring completely. Or let's take a vote on it. Who wants all their stuff stolen? Not this guy! 🤨

Message 436 of 493 (1,046 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrypticKam
Yeah, they created it thought it could add a little humor or fun (?) in Sims life… Heck, they're designing a lot of extreme NAP.

My sim once got kissed on lips romantically by another one who was married because of stupid Love-related NAP! The NAP is changing not only the law, but also other sims "characteristics" and "befavior" which is unforgivable! Saying something you CAN do because of NAP doesn't mean you MUST do. My sim got harassed! And I'm quite immersed in that sim while playing. So I have to use cheat to revoke it.

Then again, why did they make it hard and complicated to revoke any NAP by going EACH world and using cheats? And why the NAP settings is automatically ON in order to give confusion to the Sims in the first place?

The team game designer should do better on explaining this new mechanism (NAP) on the lesson menu. Instead they are excepting us to find answers ourselves or experimenting ourselves and figured out how to stop the chaos.
Message 437 of 493 (1,026 Views)

stolen Items , Theif

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I think this problem started after eco life downloaded I have community lot (restaurant ) all customers just stole every thing and cant back it , there no alarm , no security man can catch them , no service to call police , I want solve this or delete eco life and back my money
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? problem started after eco life downloaded I have community lot (restaurant ) all customers just stole every thing and cant back it , there no alarm , no security man can catch them , no service to call police
What happens when the bug occurs? problem started after eco life downloaded I have community lot (restaurant ) all customers just stole every thing and cant back it , there no alarm , no security man can catch them , no service to call police
What do you expect to see? I have community lot (restaurant ) all customers just stole every thing and cant back it , there no alarm , no security man can catch them , no service to call police
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

hi , I need solve to this problem and how I can uninstall (eco life) of origin platform  

how you put in game get to work and of those works is police office and there is no serves to catch thief's who steal every thing ?? or alarm like in sims 1 ,2,3 I think the sims4 more growth than lasts edition of game

actually after this bug happen I loss of fun

Thank you   

Message 438 of 493 (989 Views)

Re: After latest update, game is glitching badly

★★ Novice

The SAME thing keeps happening to my Sims4. Numerous household items have been disappearing and not showing up in anyone’s inventory. I watched another Sim that was visiting completely swipe the sofa. I checked and she was not a kleptomaniac. One of my teen Sims also isn’t a kleptomaniac but she is constantly swiping items. I’m not sure how to fix this but it’s becoming increasingly aggravating as I’m having to repeatedly replace items in various lots. 

If anyone has any suggestions on this issue, please share them!

Message 439 of 493 (910 Views)

Re: After latest update, game is glitching badly

★ Guide

If you have Eco Lifestyle installed it is making your sims steal even if they do not have the klepto trait. Your neighborhood has a "Sharring is Caring" Neighborhood Action Program (NAP) active. How I fixed my game was:

First go into game options under Eco Lifestyle and unchecked the top box labeled "Enable NPC Voting." Do not have a check mark in this box. 

Second you need a sim to move around in your sims world. You can temporarily create one if you need. This sim will need to be placed in each neighborhood where you don't already have a playable sim.

Third make sure you have the testingcheats true cheat active. Press Shift Ctrl C all at the same time and type testingcheats true in the text box and press Enter.

Fouth go to a mailbox on a lot your sims own, press and hold shift and right click your mouse on the mailbox. If you see "Instantly Repeal Neighborhood Action Pllan" come up, click it. If you see "Sharring is Caring" click on it to remove it. Playstation shift clicking with a controller is hold O press X. Xbox is hold B press A.

Do this in each neighborhood in your game to stop this from happening. This is where the second step may be needed. Move that sim around all needed neighborhoods by using the world map and manage house hold > move house hold into a lot. It takes a bit of time to do but it works. And my game likes to crash when traveling to certain houses. One of which will not let me play anymore but it was fine before Eco Lifestyle. No luck finding a fix on this though. 

Happy Simming!

Message 440 of 493 (858 Views)