Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

by ashfolle_14

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Finally I can play peacefully. Thanks a lot.
Message 411 of 493 (790 Views)

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if there has been any update on the game? I can’t really play it properly at the moment if I know things are just going to keep being taken from my lots. 

Message 412 of 493 (720 Views)

Re: NPCs Continuously Steal Community Sinks with No N.A.P. Permitting Theft

★★★★ Expert
@AmyCarter15 No. The devs/gurus have been annoyingly tight-lipped about bugs and patches. If they are working on something, they're not saying anything. One player said they called support and someone there said they were working on something, but that might have just been an attempt to placate.

The best thing you can do is turn off NPC Voting in the game settings and cheat-repeal every nap you can find. Hopefully that will stop it in your game. If it doesn't, the commodities are stuck on your sims and fixing it becomes a much bigger problem. That happened to one of my games.
Message 413 of 493 (679 Views)

Re: Sims 4 items disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Hi, no I haven’t had that neighbourhood action plan activated yet. I know you can have any item with it on but I haven’t had it on, in any world. So maybe there’s a issue and people take things without it being activated? For now I just keep spending money to re buy the items but it’s wrecking the game really, it’s getting more and more often too.

Message 414 of 493 (623 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Delagofficial Thing is, there are 42 neighborhoods in the game (assuming you have all the packs) and each one can have 4 NAPs. It could be any one of those.
Message 415 of 493 (596 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Is the maximum for each NAP 4? So maybe if I stuff 4 in it, there will be no voting anymore? Or will it still going on and rewrite the old ones?
Message 416 of 493 (578 Views)

★ Novice

I am having a similar problem, ever since I have gotten all the expansion packs (except the new knitting one), every sim that comes over to my house, even my best friends and significant others, steals things from my home or apartment. I have encountered this problem in two different games in two different towns including the city and Glimmerbrook, so I assume it is in every neighborhood. I do not know how to stop this, but  it is extremely annoying having to replace every item I own! This did not occur until I bought all the expansion packs and now I only let people who live in my home come in it, to avoid issues and only hang out with people somewhere other than my home.

Message 417 of 493 (565 Views)

★★ Novice

my sims and other npcs steal things from common lots and public lots, i cant even host a party or go to dinner because everything gets stolen within minutes, i can see the sims pick things up and other time sit appears they just disappear. it's really annoying and makes the game basically unplayable unless i stay home. I have repaired the game a few times and nothing works. THis didn't start until i downloaded Eco Living. I have disabled voting but it appears its too late to save my town?

Message 418 of 493 (522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Sei_StargirlThe max for each neighborhood is 4 NAPs. That could work, but thing is, MOST of the NAPs are broken. I'd much rather just turn off NPC voting. Then NO naps will be enacted unless YOU vote for them.

Just do this:

Turn off NPC voting in the game settings, then play a sim in each neighborhood and force-repeal all the NAPs in each neighborhood. Turn testingcheats ON and shift-click on the sim's mailbox. The option will be there.

Message 419 of 493 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play on PS4 and have never used cheats so pardon my ignorance with them. My sim lives in Evergreen Harbor (sharing is caring is not one of the NAP's active) but my retail store is in Magnolia Promenade. NPC's (non klepo) are taking all the items I sell. I don't know if sharing is caring is active there but since I can't vote there (not my home neighborhood) it wouldn't matter anyway. How do I stop this? I can't have a retail store if over half my items are stolen. Please help. 

Message 420 of 493 (470 Views)