Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Pro

I refuse to play or buy anymore packs from them until things get fixed. I keep an eye on the patch notes and even the forums. I bought absolutely everything all the way to Eco Lifestyle and I was really looking forward to the Knitting pack, but until they sort things out I won't be buying it. I've even started playing Final Fantasy XIV again with a friend. My money is cut off until they pay attention to what they've broken. Even if that means I never play any SIMs again. It isn't worth it to me to back a company who doesn't care about their clients. I'll spend my money on games that actually make game play enjoyable.

Maybe if enough people do the same they'll rethink their stance on ignoring the problems of Eco Lifestyles and actually try to make us happy. So my advice is the same as James. Hold onto your money until the game makes you happy again without mods and they've done their jobs. Buying power is our only real power to express our feelings on the matter. If you buy the latest packs, but don't play the game, they won't care if you are unhappy because they are getting their money and they are happy. They have no incentive to do anything unless they lose money.

Message 401 of 493 (945 Views)

★ Apprentice

I absolutely agree 👍.  No more money until EA fixes the mess they made with Eco Living. Its crazy that they haven't even addressed the issue. Unreal.

Message 402 of 493 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Psychotps  I prefer if there was an option to enable/disable each possible NAP in the game. Because my sim managed to repeal the 'sharing is caring' NAP but still visitors continue to steal things. I don't like to use cheats, I prefer to make my sims to find a way to live and pay their bills, and I'm not happy with a NPC stealing the upgraded objects in the house which were hard earned. Anyway it needs to be fixed, the game is not fun like this.

Message 403 of 493 (871 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@DolphinSSA Well, the problem is, if you have ALL the packs, there are 42 neighborhoods in the game. Each one can have 4 NAPs each. That's 168 possible NAPs active at once. Did you repeal them all?

There was a bug where naps active in other neighborhoods will still effect yours. They claim to have "fixed" it, but I don't know for sure.

Plus, there is an ongoing bug where sims can get the traits of a NAP stuck on them even after repealing the NAPs. There's no easy way to fix this. If you don't want to use mods, the only way to "fix" the sims is to remove or disable ECO entirely.
Message 404 of 493 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps I had that bug, it made the game almost unplayable. So many of my sims and other sims kept doing the NAPs even when I had removed them from all 42 neighborhoods.

Without simvasion's mod I would have uninstalled the pack.
Message 405 of 493 (813 Views)

Sims 4 items disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco living, university, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work. Parenthood, done out, outdoor retreat. Nifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, Holiday celebration pack, grins ghoulish guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Happens randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? Items are going missing in my house hold, at first I thought it was just happening in city living world but I moved to another world and it’s happening their too. Counters, couches, computers and more are disappearing and I have to re buy them. It’s annoying because I save up to buy something for it just to disappear.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the items I buy to decorate my house and land to stay and not disappear at random times and never come back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Items randomly disappearing and never coming back. I thought a sim might be robbing them but it happened 3 times to different items in less than 30 minutes, so I moved to another world and it was fine for a bit and now it’s happening again.

Message 406 of 493 (670 Views)

Re: Sims 4 items disappearing

★★ Apprentice
@Delagofficial is "sharing is caring" active under NAPs? I've had my child sim's friends come over and take the counter with the microwave from me. If it is, you need to petition for a repeal and keep the doors locked to stop it happening if you don't want a new game.
Message 407 of 493 (624 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Psychotps wrote:

@Sei_Stargirl

Well, technically, didn't they give us the option to remove it? Just to not allow the NAP Sharing is Caring be enacted by forcing a different one through? I think we just need to keep an eye on the NAPs and make SURE certain ones aren't enacted.

I agree, it's a bit extreme how it works, and it SHOULDN'T be making commercial lots incomplete. Maybe it should be checking if stealing a certain item would trigger an "incomplete", it doesn't steal. Like if a restaurant requires something like 1 sink, and you have 2, it would allow one stolen, but not 2.

At least we can control if it gets enacted or not. It needs quite a bit of tweaking. As do most NAPs.

So I want to try out the NAP, but without activating the Sharing is Caring thing. I went to the mailbox, staring at the screen and got confused. Really hope the EA can fix this bug weird law enforcement activity.

I couldn't click or unclick the Sharing is Caring… I can only hover over it and read the description that's all. So does this mean it's already activated without my notice? Maybe it happened from the last few times of vote that I didn't attend? So did the game just auto-activated the theft-is-not-crime plan even if us player (sim's gods) didn't say we want to? I'm soo confused. My sim is in Newcrest with no other people live there but only she. Somehow ghost NPCs (a metaphor. I don't have ghost sims in my world either.) came here and vote? And then forced laws that never notify me what it is?

I'm panic. I really really want to get along with NPCs, they look cute. And I would hate to be suspicious of other sims action all the time. It'll only make me more anxious than in real life. Not to mention keeping an eye on the NAP board is intense and stressful. My girl used to have a simple, happy farming life and enjoys her peace in nature.

And because this is an empty world except my sim girl lives in there, I do not have a  community board. So how do I disable the weird NPCs-can-vote action as it was written in the game lessons? I just want to play solo... with limited interaction with other sims. Somehow it feels like the game is forcing me to interact with others and gain influence points in order to persuade the NPC to vote for my plans...?

Does_SharingIsCaring_autoActivated.png

Off the topic. Sometimes the dialogue from other sims in Eco creeps me out. One stranger sim asks me to lend her money but my girl has never talked to her before. She murmured and whined about my girl not lending her money, and that annoys me. As if I become a bad guy not letting her pursue her dreams. Also, another old lady claimed my girl has a friend, and that person's grandfather(?) passed away and had a will to give my girl tons of money. In fact, she has never had any friends yet. She's busying on her farm and earns money. So I ask, "on what condition?" And the lady said a bunch of illogical things and I heard "cling!" the money bell rings. But I had no idea if that meant the lady took away my money or she gave my girl money. Because there's no notification of what had happened.

Since I downloaded the Eco patch, sim's life is so complicated and confusing. I bought the pack just because I want solar panels, wind turbines, and other goodies in the build and new hairstyles. I feel like this whole new game interaction is a black box. 

P.S: The EA is getting the whole sharing is caring idea wrong. Sure, the sims can share bathrooms, dinner, watching TV, etc. They can borrow stuff (have permission first then borrow), and then return after use (though taking stuff away from a restaurant is weird). That also counts as sharing! Also, couldn't we just donate stuff to the community and let it become a shared item? The game designer team is taking the sharing-caring idea in an extreme way. It should be one sim willing give out their stuff to others, and other sims can take it because it's marked as shared/donated item. That's also an act of sharing is caring. It shouldn't be you-see-it-you-take-it, like thinking in a thief perspective. And shouldn't demand that a sim have to let~it~go~~ when their stuff (owned by buying it or by swiping it) is stolen from another sim. The game designers are turning this seemingly ideal plan into chaos and a joke. And how are the official game team going to do with the young players who don't fully understand about social ethics and laws? Preaching them that it is okay to loot or steal? To be honest, if this sharing-is-caring idea is in real life, there will be wars and fights... people fight for their right to own an item. If they don't fight, they starve. Not everyone/everysim is 100% selfless. They will start a fight for an item for sure. If they're selfless and darling, then they wouldn't ask a stranger for grand money in the first place without writing a receipt for a loan or paying an effort to earn their trust from a stranger.

Somehow the designer team wants to make crime into sim-reality and justice because the game somehow just auto-enforced the law without the player's consent... If the sim-neighborhood wants it, they get it? Communism... this sharing is caring is an extreme act of communism wrapped up with the seemingly democratic vote. We don't actually get to know the total voters in an area! The numbers just randomly assigned to different plans by the computer program regardless of how many sims actually live in that world.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I think I really need to go search for a mod so I wouldn't build up a bad impression towards other sims and also enjoy my sims life peacefully.

Message 408 of 493 (748 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sei_Stargirl The phrase "Sharing is Caring" was meant to be facetious, not literal.

The two NAPs you have listed at the top, Sharing is Caring and Tech Support were enacted, Active NAPs are always at the top.

There are two things you can do. Cheat or attempt a repeal. To cheat, just turn on Testingcheats and shift-click on your mailbox, there'll be an option to instantly repeal a NAP.

The repeal option is a lot harder. I think you just need to become friends with a LOT of people and convince them to repeal it also.

I actually like the phone calls. They attempt to fleece money out of you. I never fall for it. Although the dead relative one is fun. Go ahead and choose the top option once, it's worth seeing. Standard smile

The majority of the NAPs are completely broken. Sharing is Caring will cause commercial lots to break. Inviting sims in your house will cause them to clean out your house. Tech support will cause Future Cubes to spawn EVERYWHERE. Noone will do anything but play with those. Most of the NAPs are like that.

It's best to just turn off "NPC Voting" in the game settings and cheat-repeal any existing NAPs. If you want to try one, you can vote for it yourself. But remember, most of them are all broken.
Message 409 of 493 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PsychotpsThanks for explanation and help. I'll try to fix/cheat(?) it myself. 😂

Message 410 of 493 (695 Views)