Re: Issues with kleptomaniacs after installing Eco Lifestyle

by DolphinSSA

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@khee26 @Eleventhing1  I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 391 of 493 (623 Views)

★ Guide

A similar thing happened in my game too. A NPC stole something in the bowling and now it's bar is incomplete leaving the lot defective.

Incomplete bar-1.jpg

Message 392 of 493 (576 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★ Newbie
@verfens Not only the sinks, but every time I have a visitor to my home, they will take things from my lot. So far, two cabinets, a table, and dishwasher have been taken. I only noticed after I downloaded the newest (knitting) pack. Please fix, this is frustrating. Thanks.
Message 393 of 493 (542 Views)

★★★ Guide

Fix this mess. Thats all i have to say. It's not funny or quirky or anything.

Message 394 of 493 (508 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★★ Newbie

Guest SIMSs swiping my upgraded and hard earned stuff is driving me INSANE. STOP the swiping unless you are a dirty rotten thief. EVERYONE is doing it. Make it stop!

Message 395 of 493 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

I don't think they will fix this anytime soon.  Some Simmers are saying this is meant to happen. I have not bought the Knitting Pack and will not be getting anything else they produce until this is fixed. They are not looking at the Forums it would seem after several appeals.There is an unofficial fix mentioned earlier on in this Topic ( Post 364) you can download and it seems to work.

Kind regards James

Message 396 of 493 (444 Views)

★★ Novice

SERIOUSLY. I spend a lot of time decorating my lots, and it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING to have random NPCs literally just walk into my house and steal things.
I just had to roll back a save because someone came into my house and stole a heavily decorated table/counter combo I frankensteined together for my Sim's Kitchen, and it is too much hassle to try to rebuild it all. The downside is I just lost that sims' career and skill progression since that last save, so...good times.
I'm curious how this slipped past QA. :/ It's ruining my enjoyment of the game, which sucks because it has provided me with a lot of comfort during Quarantine :/ 

Message 397 of 493 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MickRonsonI don't think this is by design. If it is, then the EA is doing a really bad job on making this on an announcement. In fact, I think "sharing is caring" should be built on "knowing" your neighbors first, not strangers. It should be built on a "common agreement" between our sims and the rest of the community. If it's someone I know and they need something or help, if they ASK first, I might say ok. If they do whatever they want before asking for permission, that is robing/stealing. Makes me wonder how the NPCs would feel if they found out all their stuff were gone and they have no place to live.

As for the game designers, even if they want NPCs stealing stuff, they should've give us an option to enable or not.

I prefer thinking this is a bug and the designers didn't ment to make the sims life harder and a chaos or in confusion.

Message 398 of 493 (418 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sei_Stargirl By the way, I didn't start on any NAP, but just think that if any NPC needs something, they should ask first.
Message 399 of 493 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Sei_Stargirl

Well, technically, didn't they give us the option to remove it? Just to not allow the NAP Sharing is Caring be enacted by forcing a different one through? I think we just need to keep an eye on the NAPs and make SURE certain ones aren't enacted.

I agree, it's a bit extreme how it works, and it SHOULDN'T be making commercial lots incomplete. Maybe it should be checking if stealing a certain item would trigger an "incomplete", it doesn't steal. Like if a restaurant requires something like 1 sink, and you have 2, it would allow one stolen, but not 2.

At least we can control if it gets enacted or not. It needs quite a bit of tweaking. As do most NAPs.

Message 400 of 493 (341 Views)