Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Pro

@fozzieflipper  Just remember, if you already had the game file started with NPC voting, going ANYWHERE now can still open up that can of worms because the NPC's already have votes up the second you start your game. The only real way to have a clean sweep of things is to restart your game with the NPC voting choice turned off BEFORE the save even starts.

Although if you are determined enough you can designate a community center with a community board in each neighborhood you visit and use the cheat to force a repeal every single time you go somewhere new..but honestly that's just too much work in my book. It's much easier to save your lot, save your family, cheat in the money you'd have and restart everything on a clean slate. A few hours of annoyance vs many hours of work repealing N.A.P. after N.A.P.

Even more annoyingly, places without citizens and houses to vote ALSO somehow get randomly generated N.A.P.'s. So feel like going to the gym in Willow's Creek. BAM! Random N.A.P. that is suddenly EVERYWHERE. Which is why I sing the praise of MY initiative, the fresh new save imitative. Hahaha. What do we want? Freedom from thieves! How do we get it? Fresh new saves! *laughs* I'm just teasing, but it is food for thought at least.

Message 121 of 493 (944 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PriestessAvenara I might have to do that, you’re right I turned it off and repealed it using the cheat but that only works for the neighbourhood I’m in I then had to do it again for another neighbourhood so it makes sense to just go back and disable it before all the lots are ruined.
Message 122 of 493 (932 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PriestessAvenara

Actually, I have a save that I played in Evergreen for just under a sim year. Was doing the whole eco living recycling off-the-grid thing. I moved them several times and they got broken. Badly. So, I tried to fix them...

And I did it the LONG method. (Took me about an hour) I loaded a household in every neighborhood in every world. (there are 42 btw...) I then went to their mailbox and cheat-repealed every single NAP in every single neighborhood.

For those neighborhoods that were only commercial, I replaced a commercial lot with a residential lot, moved someone in and checked their naps.

Interesting thing? NONE of the strictly commercial neighborhoods had any NAPs enabled. A number of neighborhoods had less than 4 (max). Some had 0-3. But ALL of the strictly commercial ones were 0. And that's with about a sim year of game time.

And despite what Carl said in his recent video, I had NAPs enabled in MOST worlds, even worlds I know for a FACT that I've never been or played. So, they get enabled even without you visiting or being there.

BTW... I'm a firm believer in the fresh save thing. I've had too many problems with long saves and tend to load a fresh one every time. Although... I DO use the template method. Mainly because I HATE having to populate Newcrest every time, commercial lot reno's, and I miss all my custom townies.
Message 123 of 493 (928 Views)

★★ Pro

@Psychotps  Oh that's interesting. I read in another forum post someone had had a N.A.P. from the strictly commercial area in Willow Creek. I'll trust you've been in there at some point during a FULL YEAR (Serious awesome there!) save and amend my thoughts on that one at least.

For a moment or two, the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. is hilarious. Just watching people surprise you and create havoc is funny...and then I realized "Wait, I have to go replace all this stuff." Suddenly my laughter turned to a pout face, which turned into an angry face, then a horrorified face (after things I was using were suddenly yanked away), and eventually to a sad face when I notice all the wild harvestables went poof and I'm dead broke!

Yes, the one thing the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. is good at is yanking out a wide array of emotions in less than 5 minutes of it being active. Hahaha. Sadly the only positive one lasts for about a few seconds and then you've had enough time to process what a pain in the bottom it truly is, only to discover it's far, far worse than you ever imagined!

Message 124 of 493 (905 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PriestessAvenara

Lol! You're definitely right about that. When I first moved those sims I mentioned, it was to Willow Creek. They did the whole rags to riches thing, got married, made enough money in the freelance recycling (and some gardening) to afford a 65K house.

I moved them there, the welcome wagon came, Bella Goth was so nice, etc. Later that day My sim made dinner for the family, they ate, and immediately took their dishes to the bathroom to wash. (I have the mod Don't wash dishes where you angry poop) I actually said out loud... What are you doing? There's a kitchen sink right... right... WHERE IS IT?

I checked the house and saw my bathtub, kitchen sink and counter, one of my two computers, a plant, and the family pictures on the coffee table were all gone. WTH?

I exited without saving (thank god for MCCC's auto-save) and re-loaded. Watched the Welcome Wagon again. It took not 2 minutes before Bella Goth made the rounds and started snatching things. No wonder she was so nice. That was an 8000$ computer!

Needless to say, that NAP got cheat-repealed awful quickly.
Message 125 of 493 (888 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Somenone called @homunculus420 partially fixed this problem with a mod in Mod The Sims.

He changed the type of items that can be stealed/swiped to animal toys only, so the other items can be safe in the majority of the lots.

I don't know if I can share the link here but there it go for those who want try!

https://modthesims.info/d/643289/sharing-is-caring-kleptomania-fix.html

https://modthesims.info/d/643290/recycle-disciple-swipe-fix.html

PS: Use it on your own risk!

Message 126 of 493 (865 Views)

★★ Pro

@Psychotps  I burst out laughing at both your response to your SIM doing the dishes AND the name of the mod. Oh my gosh, that post really brightened my day. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while now. Plus your commentary on WHY Bella Goth had been so nice was just perfect. I bet I'd be nice too if I made off with a computer THAT expensive.

On a side note I totally get now why you took the time to go through absolutely EVERY neighborhood. I made a special game JUST for this expansion because I've learned new expansions break my favorite games the hard way. (Probably millions of Simoleons lost with the perfect harvestables disappearing problem on my Rags to Riches save file)

My FAVORITE game is and will always be my Rags to Riches save and there was no way I was going to tempt fate a second time. If I had, it would have been me going through absolutely every neighborhood righting these wrongs because I couldn't bear to mess with that save file. It's my "Absolutely no cheats allowed for ANY reason" save. I'd have to bend the rules to repeal the N.A.P.'s, but the injustice of them would make me tarnish my record to save that particular family from doom. Thankfully, they are safely tucked away until this NAPocalypse is fixed and no longer an issue.

Until then, my cute maker of all things from recycling, Eve, is testing the waters for me. Her adventures will go down as legendary, from nearly setting herself on fire after a Bombardier Stir Fry, to throwing up green puddles all over the house from a Suspicious Fizzy Juice made from carrots, to losing her lunch in a much different way when her table was stolen away as she was eating.

When naming her, I had planned on it being the Eve of a new way of living in which everyone would learn to recycle and create beautiful candles. Instead, she is now the Eve of the NAPocalypse. Where food has become weaponized on so many levels it is practically biological warfare! Hahaha. Poor Eve.

Message 127 of 493 (865 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PriestessAvenara

I have some of those types of saves that I'm severely careful about (and have duplicated a few times Standard smile )

I was a little disappointed in the fizzy juices... Tried a number of things, Pineapple (way too cheap for a wonderful juice), Rose (huh?), Dragonfruit (VERY expensive! $6,800 for TWO dragon fruits making selzer) I even tried Death Flowers 'cause I was totally expecting some cool easter-egg thing, but nothing happened Frown

Some else posted a fix if sims get all bugged out, I tried it and it works! But there's a downside. It totally fixes all broken sims with NAPs. But you have to disable the entire EP, load the save, and re-save it. Re-enable the EP and they'll be fixed. Problem is, it completely wipes and re-sets all of Evergreen harbor and deletes all Eco items you might have in your lots on other towns.

It might be good as a last-resort, but take care of the down-sides.
Message 128 of 493 (832 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happens to me every time I play, it only happens when there are people over. It has happened on community lots as well. By the time I can ask them to leave it’s too late. It started happening before I got Eco, so it’s definitely one of the patches. I play on the Ps4. 

Message 129 of 493 (744 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

SHARING IS NOT CARING! OMG! Has anyone seen what the NAP has done to the dorms in Uni?! I had three played sims in Briny Tower and when the "Sharing Is Caring" NAP was enacted, friends of my roomies (and parents of one of my sims) swiped the sinks, counters, laptops (even though I had security settings on), sofas, tvs,...even the bloody bookshelves! My sims had term papers and tasks to do and couldn't do them. Had to run to the library. Food platters went on the floor because the only surfaces that remained were desks. They even stole the bubble lights on the wall. On the last day of class, Briny Tower was nothing more than beds and walls. BTW: has anyone else noticed that "suddenly" all these people want to visit your home lot while the SIC NAP is on? They come up with the lamest excuses to enter your lot, especially in CL. Getting Eco was the WORST mistake I've made in my Simming life...it's been nothing but error codes, incomplete lots and now theives. SMH

Message 130 of 493 (699 Views)