Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

by mh4515

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A

★★ Guide

@inspiritedmama A lot of people are noticing that Sims are keeping N.A.P. effects from neighborhoods they travel to—so if you live in a Brightchester dorm, and you travel to the neighborhood with the library, the Sims you see there could come back to campus with the Sharing is Caring "trait". 

I also noticed that (like with a lot of N.A.P.s), my Sim is autonomously stealing things whether or not we have Sharing is Caring. When I finally looked at my hh inventory after my Sim graduated university, I realized she'd stolen like half of the objects in Foxbury commons. 

Message 71 of 493 (5,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is super annoying, in the house I am playing the steeling initiative is not active, but I went to one of my other community lots to get married and everything was stolen, there was one table, and a refrigerator left. I didn't save that lot to my library and now have to rebuild the whole thing. this is ridiculous, I now turned off N.A.P because I don't want all of my community lots to become empty, but that takes away from the whole purpose and fun of Eco living, working with the community. This needs to be fixed, at least don't allow for things to be stolen at community lots, and or make it less common. I mean this lot had 13 tables, a piano, a d.j booth, counters, a stove, a sink, outdoor furniture, flowers, and in one goaled wedding event only the fridge and a table were there, that's stupid. I am annoyed. 

Message 72 of 493 (5,826 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Error/Bug

Hero
@Hwheatley3 This is tied to the sharing is caring neighborhood action plan.

I merged your post with the existing thread on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 493 (5,802 Views)

Unstoppable Swiping

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? ALL sims (without Klepto trait) visiting my active sim's house swipe something, every time, multiple times.
What do you expect to see? I expected only the sims with Klepto trait was capable to swipe objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle and most recent June patch.

Every time my sim have visitors at her house this visitor swipe some object from inside or outside the house ( pet pot, sofa, coffee table, kitchen counter, bookshelf, desk...) 

Message 74 of 493 (5,792 Views)

Re: Unstoppable Swiping

Hero
@mlauracalabria I merged your post with the current thread on this.

This is because of the Sharing is Caring NAP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 493 (5,778 Views)

Re: Sims Stealing Restaurant Objects in Eco Lifestyle after Sharing is Caring Re

★★★★★ Apprentice

I my god, this exact thing happened to me and I am fuming! The restaurant is now destroyed after a herd of sims all decided to steal the tables, so I need to remake the build as I hadn't saved it... I've disabled NPC voting in Game Settings and is currently going around to every neighbourhood and using shift+click on the mailboxes to repeal every NAP made... So much fun...

Message 76 of 493 (5,744 Views)

Re: Sims Stealing Restaurant Objects in Eco Lifestyle after Sharing is Caring Re

★★★★★ Apprentice

After checking several sims walking by my lot with a mod to show what buffs they had, it seems that sims are randomly assigned 1 or more of these NAP buffs even though the NAPs are not active (e.g. in a new save where nothing is enacted yet). You can check for these traits that are called trait_CivicPolicy_Something, and so I do see a few sims coming up with trait_CivicPolicy_CommunalOwnership which will have this stealing issue. This will also be why I see some sims randomly wearing bags or being juiced.

Message 77 of 493 (5,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I invited Knox over to a restaurant in San Myshuno and he just walked over and took the table and the chairs, he does not have the Sharing is Caring NAP in his neighborhood. I checked his traits and he does not have that trait, but he does have the hidden buff buff_CivicPolicy_NPCAutonomy_CommunalOwnership. I checked the NAP in San Myshuno and they do have the sharing is caring NAP.

What's really bad is that this is happening to my community lots, they take essential furniture which causes the lots to become unfinished.

broken lots.png 

This is really bad and destructive for people who just want to play the game. I do not want a game mechanic which destroys my lots.

Message 78 of 493 (5,695 Views)

'Incomplete' Community spaces after "sharing is caring" N.A.P

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Vampires, Moschino Stuff, My First Pets Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in any neighbourhood in Evergreen Harbour that has the "sharing is caring" N.A.P active
What happens when the bug occurs? Whether I am on the community space lot or not (and regardless of state it is in) NPCs steal so many items from the lot that it becomes 'incomplete' Usually this happens when they steal all the sinks on the lot. When I replace all the sinks in build mode they are stolen again almost instantly.
What do you expect to see? Sims stealing some objects but not always the same ones, and not so many that the lot becomes 'incomplete'
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not quite sure what a lot being 'incomplete' actually means though.

Message 79 of 493 (5,670 Views)

Re: 'Incomplete' Community spaces after "sharing is caring" N.A.P

Hero
@Fitzy2754 I merged your post with the main thread on this

Incomplete just means that the lot doesn't have all the items anymore that are need to make it that type of lot.

There are requirements for each community lot and if there's less items than needed, it becomes incomplete.

Which happens if everything is taken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 493 (5,660 Views)