Re: Objects randomly disappearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Objects randomly disappearing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throughout gameplay, but mostly when you have company over, objects go missing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Varies objects go missing. Constantly. It's annoying.
What do you expect to see? Objects going missing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent patch.

Throughout gameplay, especially when guests are over. Objects go missing. I constantly have to go to buy mode and replace them. It gets old after the 5th time. 

Message 21 of 493 (4,284 Views)

Re: Sims Stealing Restaurant Objects in Eco Lifestyle after Sharing is Caring Re

★★★★ Novice

i have a similar problem. 

After sharing  is caring activated  all the people who entered my retail store  started removing everything! 

On sale and not for sale  items. It doesn't matter. 

Also it doesn't matter if the store  is closed or open. 

Now  that sharing is caring is not activated  they still  are removing all the stuff. 

It is not playable at all.

I'm not selling anything. They are just taking all.

Please do something about this  bug!

Message 22 of 493 (4,269 Views)

Hero
@panther718 do you have the sharing is caring action plan in place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 493 (4,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Mostly my harvestables go missing or revert to a pile of dirt mid-season. I can't plant normally on the cheap port lot in Evergreen Harbor - not on the ground, nor in a planter. Also, the trunks of my coconut palms disappeared for a while yesterday. The leaves were still there, but seemingly suspended in the air.

Message 24 of 493 (4,266 Views)

Sharing is caring bug in retail

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs, romantic, tiny living, my first pet, perfect patio, laundry.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? having a retail store in eco lifestyle pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? After sharing is caring activated all the people who entered my retail store started removing everything! On sale and not for sale items. It doesn't matter. Also it doesn't matter if the store is closed or open. Now that sharing is caring is not activated they still are removing all the stuff. It is not playable at all. I'm not selling anything. They are just taking all. Please do something about this bug!
What do you expect to see? I hope after it's fixed the no longer steal when opend or closed in stores if sharing is caring is activated of no longer active.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Comes with eco lifestyle

After sharing  is caring activated  all the people who entered my retail store  started removing everything! 

On sale and not for sale  items. It doesn't matter. 

Also it doesn't matter if the store  is closed or open. 

Now  that sharing is caring is not activated  they still  are removing all the stuff. 

It is not playable at all.

I'm not selling anything. They are just taking all.

Please do something about this  bug!

Message 25 of 493 (4,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue - Sharing is caring is on but it's insanely overpowered. 

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest - it's fully patched
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I know you will say this is not a bug as the sharing is caring thing is currently active HOWEVER I just had a birthday party and the neighbors came over and took 90% of my furniture. Is that the intended effect of this feature because if it is its extremely stupid. My sim always steals his own furniture which is annoying and happens too often.
What happens when the bug occurs? Furniture vanishes
What do you expect to see? I can have people over without them taking all my furtniture.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing eco lifestyle + updates

Message 26 of 493 (4,227 Views)

Re: Sims Stealing Restaurant Objects in Eco Lifestyle after Sharing is Caring Re

Hero
Merged some thread.

Atm, seems objects disappear with and without N.A.P and it's excessive due to an underlying issue the N.A.P. have

@simvasion explains the issue a bit here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Future-Cubes-Clay-Spawning-in-Inventories/m-p/9183...

If you have issues with a Sim swiping he's own stuff, please post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-EL-Sim-swiping-own-household-objects-without-klept...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 493 (4,247 Views)

Hero
@Nindigo79 That sounds different. Possibly related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bushes-shrink-after-harvesting/td-p/9168505

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 493 (4,234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ha ha, no worries :-)

Message 29 of 493 (4,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I don't think it adds to the game, just makes it really annoying!

Message 30 of 493 (4,217 Views)