Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★ Guide

@Why_Bunny wrote:

Now, the guru who appeared to be sensitive to bug reports has gone dark for almost two weeks. I hope they come back with good news soon! 

The guy is probably baking a cake.

Message 201 of 255 (626 Views)

★ Guide

they gave us the option turn them off so they absolutely do not care. no matter what lies they spew on Twitter or through popups  on our loading screens.

the modding community does a better job than EA.

Message 202 of 255 (607 Views)

★ Guide

Is there at the moment and confirmed workaround through cheats (not mods) to fully remove the hidden traits that couples with disabling NPC voting?

Message 203 of 255 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@lostinmalloc wrote:

Is there at the moment and confirmed workaround through cheats (not mods) to fully remove the hidden traits that couples with disabling NPC voting?

Disable NPC Voting on options under eco life, you have two options start a new save and immediately turn off npc voting off or as someone suggested you can enact the problem nap then repeal on all neighborhoods by the mailbox if you have testingcheats on but I haven't tested it. The issue lies with them getting a hidden trait with the NAP when they go to a neighborhood that has a NAP so over time they become "infected" with constant hidden traits which makes em do the the problematic issues we are having so even saving them to the gallery and bringing them back brings that problem back. @lostinmalloc Hope that's the answer your looking for..

Message 204 of 255 (910 Views)

★ Guide
@Dreadist Thanks for the detailed reply.I was hoping for a more ...direct and shorter workaround to the problem.
Message 205 of 255 (882 Views)

★ Guide

There is a new EA survey regarding Eco Lifestyle but it is only available to pc/mac players. Please join me in tweeting @SimGuruNick requesting a link for this survey so that console players can share their experiences. I'm still annoyed that this newest ep has made my established Sims game unplayable and I would really like the opportunity to express that directly to EA. Thank you. 

Message 206 of 255 (855 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Dreadist @lostinmalloc Keep in mind, the hidden traits are only applied/removed to Sims that are currently on the active lot (Played/Favourite or not; everyone but the active household.  Also includes those walking around the neighbourhood, not just visitors to the house).  The traits get "stuck" to all Sims in the area when you switch households.  Repealing removes the trait immediately, but only from Sims actually loaded in the area.  It only takes a couple of seconds to enact/repeal, but you do need to invite over any particular Sims that you want to fix.  With NPC voting turned off (and making sure to repeal/not-enact any disruptive NAPs - in every neighbourhood with played households), it shouldn't take too much effort to clean up a save (although depending on your thoroughness, random townies may remain weird until you notice them).

There's also the sledgehammer approach of disabling the EP, saving without it, then re-enabling it.  That'll destroy pretty much everything you've done with anything from the pack though, and (if you're like me, and played with the shiny new thing a lot) probably take even longer to put everything back together - but it will clear the hidden traits en-masse (oddly though, it won't clear any active NAPs, so repeal/disable those first regardless).

Message 207 of 255 (844 Views)

Champion

I keep seeing people saying it's "traits" that are the cause, but it's actually the commodities that get stuck and those are added by buffs, not traits.

If you want a more surgical targeted workaround, there is a cheat that will remove them from affected sims. Always make sure to have backed up your save before using.

• stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_OldDays
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_FreeLove
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_Aggression
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_CommunalOwnership
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_CreativeArts
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_FunCommunity
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_HomeCooking
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_JuicedCommunity
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_MusicArts
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_SelfCare
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_SelfSufficient
  • stats.remove_stat commodity_civic_policy_effect_NPCAutonomy_TechnologicalProgress

There's versions for each NAP. Those cheats will remove the autonomous NAP triggers from sims, if they have somehow managed to become stuck on the sim. It's what I used to fix the first sim I found in my game which was displaying NAP behaviour while I was playing them and now he's fine. The cheats have to be entered manually on each sim though - it's not practical if you have large numbers of sims with the issues.

This method is only useful if your situation is something like: you have only one sim in your household affected by stuck NAP behvaviour, and it's more convenient to fix that single sim than using other more destructive methods (like saving the household to the library and replacing them with copies that lost all their relationships and skills/spells).

Unfortunately, you can't use this cheat without TwistedMexi's All Cheats restoration mod, because "stats.remove_stat" is one of the cheats removed from the game in 2018's Seasons update. So people who can't use mods, e.g. console players, will not be able to use this method either.

Message 208 of 255 (813 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion very detailed explains why I couldn't remove them by commands back then but your mods worked fine the game does have some issues they really need to address but either way thank you. worst glitch I have faced in over a week was a child unable to go to school deleted her added back from gallery and was better. just had to cheat back family tree and friendships.
Message 209 of 255 (802 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

NAPs are still being passed even with the NAP box unchecked in game options so that doesn’t solve the problem at all

Message 210 of 255 (734 Views)