Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by EmeraldLaura

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★★★★ Expert
@EmeraldLaura

Well, bugs can be fixed. Either EA will fix them or the awesome modding community will come up with fixes. Either way, it'll work eventually. The pack is a good idea. I like it. If they don't come up with a fix, modders will. Either way, I'll get to play it eventually.
Message 181 of 255 (754 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps of course, the pack is still amazing independent of the issues. this was more general and meant as bad luck. although i am not a fan from scriptmods so this is a less appropriate solution to me
Message 182 of 255 (747 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

★ Guide

Well that explains a lot. I do actually have Eco Footprint enabled in my current save but i have not touched the  N.A.P'S at all after the horror of resetting and testing early on  after my save was in chaos after the first week of Eco living play which lead me here to learn the NAPS were involved. 

my initial Eco living start was kinda delayed even though it was installed my current household was on vacation for 7 days doing the outdoor aspiration.

All households in that world was played..... all the ECO options were checked on completely oblivious  everyone was voting in naps when i switched around to my main households did not  pay notice but did not take very long when  that sim week was over and came home to see some weird things that made me start researching... by the third sim week in that save i stopped saving and after playing and testing went back to an older save was easier to just start over then figure that mess out... -_-

Message 183 of 255 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Myhideout you can have your spell caster keep their spells by dropping them in in live mode straight from the gallery... I usually have a placeholder sim, then drop my spell caster, and delete the placeholder sim

Message 184 of 255 (675 Views)

★ Guide
@Dreadist that actually fixed that issue only other issue was the glimmerstone which is as easy as going back to the realm and requesting so the spell caster families were fixed as well.
Message 185 of 255 (630 Views)

★ Guide

@Dreadist Thank you! That tip helps me, too. 

Message 186 of 255 (617 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don’t know if there’s a solution to any of this but I need one. I’ve removed all NAPS from every neighborhood and I’ve disabled NPC voting. My two adult sims constantly bake cake, play with clay, do random romance interactions, give fake bad news, spawn like 90 clays in their inventory, will literally push themselves to the brink of death to do these actions if I’m not watching closely. The game is unplayable. Before I got rid of NAPS they visited neighborhoods with basically all the bugged NAPS in place, now that those plans are gone they are still doing the same stuff. 

I need a way to fix this, would moving the family to a new save or a new lot work? The only solution I’ve seen On here is a mod and I really don’t want to mess up my game even more by downloading something like that, I don’t have any experience with mods or custom content. 

Message 187 of 255 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@madibutler wrote:

I don’t know if there’s a solution to any of this but I need one. I’ve removed all NAPS from every neighborhood and I’ve disabled NPC voting. My two adult sims constantly bake cake, play with clay, do random romance interactions, give fake bad news, spawn like 90 clays in their inventory, will literally push themselves to the brink of death to do these actions if I’m not watching closely. The game is unplayable. Before I got rid of NAPS they visited neighborhoods with basically all the bugged NAPS in place, now that those plans are gone they are still doing the same stuff. 

I need a way to fix this, would moving the family to a new save or a new lot work? The only solution I’ve seen On here is a mod and I really don’t want to mess up my game even more by downloading something like that, I don’t have any experience with mods or custom content. 

@madibutler as of right now no there is no fix, if your on PC then there's a mod out there, I'm on PS4 so no mods for me. Even if you remove the naps through cheats or repeal them your sims get "infected" with hidden traits causing the chaos. The only solution is starting a new save and disabling NPC voting off. You will still get the notification saying the NAP took effect but if you check the mailbox it wont show it and you will see it didn't go into effe

Message 188 of 255 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Dreadist do you think they’ll give me my money back... I really didn’t know I was paying $40 to completely ruin my game...
Message 189 of 255 (592 Views)

★ Guide

The game as it is, is totally unplayable at the moment. Sims stop 3 to 4 times while cooking, sleeping, feeding, doing any kind of action. They do not even attend toddlers, which could lead to social services showing up.

The most interesting thing is that I had a sim waking up (despite being exhausted) who decided to go nap in the hottub.

I am amazed by the fact that despite being all autonomous thinking diabled, Sims decide what to do. And that EA did not release a hotfix already which temporarily disables all NAPs and behaviour, while a real fix ships.

Message 190 of 255 (557 Views)