Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★★★★ Guide
@simvasion but it includes disable footprints aswell... and yes there is an option for your sim to vote alone but even if you dont there will be an NAP activated though... how you do, it cant be right
Message 171 of 255 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@EmeraldLaura 

If you have NPC voting turned off, the game will show you a notification that one has been passed, but it won't actually be done. If NPC voting is on, then there will be NAPs in most neighborhoods.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 172 of 255 (502 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps i read something about N.A.Ps will being activated though, even if you dont vote and disable NPC votings. perhaps the 600th bug who knows. i stoped playing it for the moment anyways
Message 173 of 255 (471 Views)

★★ Pro

@EmeraldLaura  If you play with autonomy on and you aren't keeping a close eye on your SIMs they will sometimes go and vote on their own. The way around that currently is turning autonomy off. Otherwise, yes you get a notification that a N.A.P. went through with 0 votes, but if you check it actually didn't and you have no option to repeal because it hasn't.

Message 174 of 255 (448 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@EmeraldLaura 

Well, I turned off NPC voting when all these bugs first presented themselves. Once I realized basically the entire pack is too buggy to be playable, I left NPC voting off and just started playing the other packs like Realm of Magic, Get To Work's scientist career, Get Famous' Acting career, and others. With NPC voting off, I've NEVER had a NAP get enabled without my doing it myself. I have Autonomy set to FULL, plenty of sims/townies in Favorites and it's never happened. This is with sim YEARS of playing.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I always play with a "Template" save. A long time ago I made a new game, populated the world with my own townies, placed all my own lots, got the entire world set up exactly how I like, I just never play it.  If I want to start a new game, I load the Template, immediately do a Save-As and start playing from there.

When ECO Living came out, I loaded my template save, didn't play any households, disabled NPC Voting and re-saved it. This way any new game I start will never have NAPs enabled.  It's worked brilliantly.

I occasionally get the notification that some random NAP has been voted and enacted, but whenever I check it, there's none there. As there shouldn't be.

Try this...  Start a new game. Create some random sim and when you get to the world screen to place them, click on the X on the top to cancel placement. Immediately go into the settings and Disable NPC Voting. Save the game. If you keep playing from there on that save, you should NEVER get any NAPs unless you vote for them yourselves. Everything else in the game should work like it always did.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 175 of 255 (420 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps the strategy with an template (origin) save i do aswell since years. but my current save is a very old one (started with Vampires in early 2017) and i play take-outs of this gameplay and save them separately. the latest save from my main gameplay was right before i installed EL.

anyways i dont play because thats only one piece of the cake and as long as the low taxes, pets disappearing, harvest shrinking, Garbage cans that stay filled and so on.. are not fixed it makes no difference for me
Message 176 of 255 (408 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EmeraldLaura

I understand. The bugs that were presented in EL just aren't a big deal to me. Enough that it would stop me from playing entirely that is. I never cared much for "pets", the gardening is still working even if a few species "shrinks" so that's just a "presentation" issue. And low-taxes is a little annoying but not enough to keep me from playing.

I love the game too much.
Message 177 of 255 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Psychotpsyes me too. i have a bad habbit that i have to have anything complete and in its way it should be and look like. i lived with so many disturbing things in sims4 and it was fine until next update but in some way its different now, i cant explain

Message 178 of 255 (386 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EmeraldLaura

Well, you're not wrong. This pack has had the most bugs I've ever seen in a single pack. Every single function of the pack has bugs of some kind. The only things I think that are NOT bugged are the new clothing and furniture items... which would just reduce this to a Stuff Pack.
Message 179 of 255 (381 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps and the most ironic thing that your words remind me of is, that it was the first time i thought this is a real EP thats worth its money with everything it brings with it 😅👍
Message 180 of 255 (359 Views)