Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by Myhideout

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

★★★★ Expert
@simvasion Well, it's kindof a half way method of controlling it. Very good to know. Problem is, even if you remove all but your active sims from My Households and leave NPC voting on, you'll still get NAPs enacted without your control. In Evergreen and your current hood.

I suppose if you really want to play with NAPs, the best way to do it is to remove everyone except your active household from My Households, enable NPC voting, and play in Evergreen Harbor. That way you can limit towns from voting to only that one and you can control which NAPs are active by using the game's voting/repealing methods.
Message 151 of 255 (1,056 Views)

Champion
@Psychotps there's also the option of using my updated mod which now also fixes your played sims. 😉
Message 152 of 255 (1,016 Views)

Magically Spawning of Items, Doing Specific Behaviours Unintentionally.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Base Game (November 14, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 City Living Expansion (November 14, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack (November 14, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff (November 14, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff (November 14, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff (December 5, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff (December 5, 2017) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack (January 8, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff (February 6th, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff (February 6, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion (March 20th, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff (May 22, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff (May 22, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack (June 19, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff (June 19, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion (July 31st, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff (August 14, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion (September 11th, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff (October 2nd, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion (November 13th, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack – (December 4th, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure Game Pack – (December 4th, 2018) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Get Famous – (February 12th, 2019) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff – (February 19th, 2019) – RELEASED The Sims 4 Fitness Stuff – (March 12, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff – (March 12th, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack – (April 12th, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Strangerville Game Pack – (May 14th, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Island Living Expansion – (July 16th, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Game Pack – (October 15th, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion – (December 17th, 2019 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff – (March 31st, 2020 – RELEASED) The Sims 4 Eco Life Style Expansion -- (June 5th, 2020 – RELEASED)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the new expansion has installed, as you playing normally, you will see the Sims doing specific behaviors without been asked, even you turned the Free-wills off and spawning of specific items in the mid of nowhere.
What happens when the bug occurs? ---Magically Spawning of Items--- # Sims magically getting a [Future Cube/Clay] in the mid of nowhere and playing it even you turned the Free-wills off. ---Forced-moves with Specific Behaviors # Sims doing specific behaviors (without been asked to) and sometimes it does interrupt your current moves. Example: My Sim is doing the Research Paper for her University Courses, but suddenly she cancels her work and go [Dancing (Even her fun-needs-bar is full) / Playing the Guitar or Violin/ Practicing the Programming] without been asked to. This problem appears even after the graduation of her University and the life outside the camp. { It seems this bug occurs after the Sims enrolled in the University? } # I do not have problems with free-wills or game designs but it seems this bug has made problems with normal playing.
What do you expect to see? ---Magically Spawning of Items--- # Sims do not spawning Cubes or clays magically. ---Forced-moves with Specific Behaviors # Sims do not doing specific behaviors which could interrupt their current moves, as my previous example, I wish she could at least finish her assignments before she's been magically called to dance, playing the instruments or practicing the programming.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appears after the installation of the new Expansion Pack: The Eco Life Style.

So after the new expansion [The Eco Lifestyle] has installed, as I'm playing normally, the Sims kept doing specific behaviors without been asked to do (even you turned the Free-wills off) and spawning items in the mid of nowhere.

---Magically Spawning of Items---

# Sims magically getting a [Future Cube/Clay] in the mid of nowhere and playing it even you turned the Free-wills off.

---Forced-moves with Specific Behaviors

# Sims doing specific behaviors (without been asked to) and sometimes it does interrupt your current moves.

Example: My Sim is doing the Research Paper for her University Courses, but suddenly she cancels her work and go [Dancing (Even her fun-needs-bar is full) / Playing the Guitar or Violin/ Practicing the Programming] without been asked to. This problem appears even after the graduation of her University and the life outside the camp. { It seems this bug occurs after the Sims enrolled in the University? }

Oh and BTW, how do I submit saved files if needed?

Edit By Crinrict: Removed tag from title

Message 153 of 255 (999 Views)

Re: [Bug] Magically Spawning of Items, Doing Specific Behaviours Unintentionally

★ Apprentice

These "issues" that your having are most likely caused by the active N.A.P. for your neighborhood. Click on your mailbox and select Check Neighborhood Action Plan. At the top you will see what N.A.P.(s) is/are active. Hope that helps explain what happening. 

Message 154 of 255 (980 Views)

Re: Magically Spawning of Items, Doing Specific Behaviours Unintentionally.

Hero
@max8819 Moving this to the general NAP thread. See first post for more info and Post 2 for related threads you can also me too if that's what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 155 of 255 (939 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@simvasion I agree stuff is being taken and its making the game unplayable. I carefully make a lot and it gets ruined in minutes
Message 156 of 255 (897 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★ Guide

Definitely agree. 

the NAPs are overusing everything to the point of unplayable, I haven’t even bothered to try the rest of the stuff in the pack as this has just put me off entirely. What else is going to bug my game? 

Message 157 of 255 (863 Views)

★ Guide

What puts me off on this whole ordeal is i have not seen one glimpse of hope and EA's track record shows they do not care about the bugs in game. 

seriously the modding community update their custom content faster than EA does.

also everyone who cannot use mods lets just say screw those guys i seriously regret ever buying it for the ps4 and i absolutely will never buy another  pc game port to the console i swear it is just a gimmick to steal your money... sims 4 on ps4 is choppy at best of times and has to be reset almost every hour they do not even support the pc version all they do is create  more expansions and stuff packs that break more stuff that they will not fix.

BTW if ea has the ability to use origin to send popups to our pc about BLACKLIVESMATTER  doesn't this mean you should have time and ability to acknowledge you broke our games and destroyed stuff and wasted our times all for them supporting trending stuff in the world what i find BS they just steal your money and  dont even support what you pay them for why should i believe they give a       about anyone else.

thankfully my game has been stable after a furious week of resetting every day but so far this overpriced stuff pack sucks big time i did not pay what 50 something dollars for SOLAR PANELS!!!!! and a freaking dumpster seriously. oh i'm sorry i forgot ladders too........ yay i can get on a roof now without cheating or teleportation -_-

Message 158 of 255 (681 Views)

★★★ Guide

Something they should have added (and should now add) is the ability to vote for “No New NAP”, so people can choose not to add a NAP that week. Forcing every neighborhood to have 4 NAPs is obviously chaotic, but having a “Vote to add nothing” option would give us so much more control over the neighborhoods. 

Because what if you want none of the NAPs in that neighborhood? You have to constantly suffer through them all week and then repeal them every weekend while a new NAP is added?

Seems like an obvious thing: give us the option of voting to add nothing.

Message 159 of 255 (598 Views)

Champion
@PansekshuElle there's already an option to disable NAP voting in the options menu.
Message 160 of 255 (557 Views)