Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

by catatemyname

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

here is post in other thread. my sims stop what they doing too go practice acting in mirror. and they continue too play music when have nothing in inventory they can play it from. i have turned off no npc voting but played sims do vote

Message 141 of 255 (1,179 Views)

★★ Guide

@Psychotps wrote:
@kusurusuIf you load a save (or start a new game) where NAPs have never been enacted, and turn off "NPC voting" in the game settings, you'll never have a problem as long as you don't vote for any yourself.

I've been playing for three (real life) days straight with it set up like that, never voting for anything and haven't had a single problem.

That is unfortunately not the case. When I got EL the first thing that I did was they I went to the settings and turned off NPC voting immediately. Before I started to play. 

My sims didn’t vote on anything.

My sims were affected anyways. First I played in Myshuno. There was electricity saving N.A.P. on. Ok, no big deal, just had to survive 12 hours without electricity. Not too game damaging. Then I played with my family who lives in Sulani. They had the water conservation  NAP active. I got a fine for not saving enough water, nothing too major. 

Another family in Brindleton Bay were manic cake bakers. I started to have questions. 

Then I went to Windenburg to play with my major family. They were acting crazy. They couldn’t finish any task I gave them. They had over 80 lumps of clay in their inventory. I checked and they had three different NAPs active, none of which I voted. Two of them were Sharing is caring and another one was Creativity NAP. I disabled both. They stopped stealing but not constant clay/guitar/violin playing, and they became basically unplayable. 

Another family had the mishchief NAP active and they ruined everyone’s relationships. 

Message 142 of 255 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i have not got the mischief one yet hope i don't get it

Message 143 of 255 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@BumblebeeCat9If you have NAPs active, then you MUST have played the game with "NPC voting" turned on or voted to enact NAPs yourself. There is no other way around it. With NPC voting turned off, NAPs will NOT get enacted unless you do it yourself.

I've done three complete playthroughs, Science career, Magic, and a general family one, one was an old save and two were new, spanning five different neighborhoods and NONE of them have ever had any NAPs show up.

If you start a new save or load an old save from before ECO and immediately turn off NPC Voting, you will NEVER get any NAPs enacted unless you vote for them yourself.

Edit: You might also get NAPs enacted if you have your sim talk to another sim and do the option "Convince to vote for ..." option. Not sure if that still works if NPC voting is off.

Message 144 of 255 (1,092 Views)

Re: Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction after Eco Lifestyle update/pac

★★★ Newbie

I don't have AS severe problems going on as what seems to be happening to a lot of others. I simply have stuff only inside of my house disappearing (minus 1 thing on an upstairs balcony). I don't have any mods applied either and never have. It only started happening yesterday or the day before so I'm not sure of a pattern just yet. I never enacted the Sharing is Caring NAP, I don't think it's enacted in any other neighborhoods but I would have to double check, I haven't personally seen a sim steal my things, I think it happens when no one is at my house along with people being at my house? But I have to pay more attention to be sure. And I don't even have to leave the lot for things to vanish. I could literally replace a counter in the kitchen, have my sim do something like in the garden (where I don't see the kitchen), go back to the kitchen, and the counter is gone again. For the most part things vanish within a few seconds to a few minutes of me placing them and that's happening with the same like 5-10 items. I've repaired the game 3 times now and it still goes on...

Message 145 of 255 (1,051 Views)

★★ Guide

@PriestessAvenara Through testing, I found that the acting and dancing behaviors come from the performance arts N.A.P. They don't show up in my games unless I have that active (or if my Sims are incorrectly tagged with that policy's traits via the N.A.P.bug). Those behaviors are extremely repetitive & override player queued tasks like the other N.A.P. behaviors we know of—I'm guessing they're related?

Message 146 of 255 (1,029 Views)

★★ Pro

@BumblebeeCat9  The option has to be turned off before the start of a new game, before you've make your sims, and before you've place your sims on a lot. If you've gotten as far into the game as SIMs have been created and are standing on a lot, before turning off the NPC's right to vote there will be votes there. I tried turning off NPC voting right after setting my SIM on her lot, checked the board, and there were votes. I tried then, with the option for NPCs to vote still turned off, to start a new game, make my sim, place them on a lot, and ran to check the board and there were no votes. Sorry for the confusion about the exact timing of when the option has to be switched off, but it really does have to be switched off before you hit that "New Game" button. I hope I explained that well. I knew what he meant because I did the same thing you did originally and felt just as frustrated. I hope now you can finally restart your game and get some peace!

Also, I've read from others that if you have autonomy turned on your SIMs will cast votes if you aren't watching them for things you may not want. So even though you may have gotten rid of the rest of the world's N.A.P.'s, you still have a chance for an unwanted one if you play with autonomy on. I know this is frustrating and I even made a bit of a fool of myself venting on here in a couple of posts I regret now out of my own frustration. Just remember you aren't alone in your thoughts, opinions, or experiences and the simming community honestly does want to help you however we can. Standard smile

Message 147 of 255 (1,020 Views)

Champion

I've updated my mod fix with an addition to help people who have had their played sims get stuck with NPC behaviour. You can Google search for "simvasion mods" to find my WordPress blog where it is posted.

We also discovered while play testing today a little bit more about how the NPC voting works: the sims who are allowed to vote are the ones in your My Households tab (been favourited/played). Sims in the Other Households tab don't vote (except in Evergreen Harbor where they can vote regardless of played or unplayed status).

So for example, if you only have one played sim in your My Households and every other sim marked as unplayed in Other Households, you won't get any NAPs voted in anywhere except for Evergreen Harbor and wherever your played sim lives (if you voted), even if you leave NPC voting turned on.

Message 148 of 255 (956 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For anyone having this issue, disable NPC votes in eco options. Even though on Monday at 6pm it says that a NAP went to effect it wont go into effect I've been playing for months in sim time and haven't had any problems so far. Remember just because it gives you the notification that the NAP went to effect it didn't just check your mailbox and it will show that no NAP are in effect. This works with new save as of right now, if you have any other saves pre eco then those work as well but remember to DISABLE NPC VOTING AND DON'T VOTE ON ANY NAPS AS ITS CURRENTLY BROKEN im playing on PS4

Message 149 of 255 (910 Views)

★ Guide
@bandit34 Pretty sure it's performing arts that cause this, since acting is performance. My sims do that too, along with playing random instruments.
Message 150 of 255 (886 Views)