Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

by catatemyname

Original Post

★★ Pro

@catatemyname  That is a PERFECT way for those who like to play with autonomy on to get even MORE out of the N.A.P. experience! You could create whole stories based off your SIM's decision to follow or not follow any particular N.A.P. I mean, with the behavioral based ones, if this were real life and your community is enthusing about an art festival and calling for an art week where you and the family are encouraged to make some art together, no one is fined for not participating or forced to. Hence ENCOURAGED. Where as right now, autonomy on or off your SIMs are being FORCED to comply like little influence junkies. That would add a whole bunch of realism to the N.A.P.'s I hadn't thought of before...and after all, this is a simulation of life! Maybe your entire neighborhood really is into a fad of getting juiced, but what if your SIM doesn't like to drink fizzy juices? Opt out that week and watch the choas around you ensue. Hopefully not quite as rabidly as it is now, but you get the idea.

EA could REALLY do with some positive feedback like this on how to make their game even MORE special and MORE player friendly. As good as it feels sometimes to just vent out all your frustrations on the bug forums, I've seen others come up with really creative ideas to SOLVE what's upsetting them so much AND would make the game just that much more loved. Sadly, sometimes it feels like the only ones willing to turn around and make these magical ideas reality are modders, but wouldn't it be amazing if EA took it upon themselves to skim through the bug forums for these diamonds and make them happen too?

Message 131 of 255 (754 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@catatemyname i like to ask this since days. a respond from EA side would be great and how long it may take until a patch will be released to fix all these bugs
Message 132 of 255 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EmeraldLaura  Honestly, I'd just be happy with "We see and acknowledge you are unhappy about this. We will work on it." BAM! Slam that down and actually start working on fixes and the community would have some hope. Yes, it'd be nice to also have a time frame, but I understand that any dates they give they are bound by so they probably won't even estimate or take a guess at a date. If they did everyone would expect them to deliver on that date and what if they aren't done? Then the community is even MORE furious with them that they broke their promise. So setting my bars much lower, I would just appreciate some confirmation that we've been heard, they realize this is a big problem for all of us, we feel cheated out of our money, that our game has been broken, and that they do indeed plan on trying to fix our problems. That short and sweet message I suggested would do everyone here a world of wonder even without hard dates being offered. We'd have some idea if they aren't just going to leave us in what pretty much everyone has considered a broken game, or plan to work with us towards making it playable again.

I know I'm not the only one. There have been many comments about feeling cheated out of money because they were sold a broken game and a UK citizen outright exercised his rights in his country to get a refund which I admit I'm a bit envious of. I wish the US had laws where if you feel the game you bought was unplayable you could legally get a refund too! The only place I've found that freedom is Steam. If you've played under 2 hours within the span limit of 30 days they will let you get a refund. Even that seems reasonable to me compared to "Sorry, no refunds."

Which brings me to finally understanding why many players opt out of buying a new expansion from EA until at least a few months have passed to make sure it isn't full of bugs. The major ones are usually fixed by then and it is reasonably playable. I'm starting to think we should let our UK counterparts do the initial testing because if it's too terrible they'll legally get their refund and make more of a statement than the ones of us who can't take it that far and just "quit playing the game" or "uninstall the game pack". Losing sales, even for a big business, sends a powerful message. I'm just thankful I listened to a friend who warned me to always make a special new save file to scope things out for bugs before letting a new expansion anywhere near a well loved and cherished game. I have a few I would have been brokenhearted if I had used them to test out Eco Lifestyles.

Message 133 of 255 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EmeraldLauraIkr, a simple "we know, we're working on it" is already a great way to let us know it's in progress. I really respect the devs and the work they do, and us non-programmers can only guess at how complex some things are, or how difficult or impossible they could turn out (the balcony situation in the Evergreen Harbor apartments shows that, no matter how hard they try, they sometimes have to admit defeat). So if we just knew it is being worked on, we could be patient. For now I feel like we still need to try and bring our point across, and there is a lot of frustration in the air.

Message 134 of 255 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PriestessAvenara I appreciate this comment because honestly, this bug is making the game unplayable and I literally can't do anything without autonomy breaking my action queue. Taking a step back however, I can empathise with what The Sims Devs are going through so I will try my best to be patient.
Message 135 of 255 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't know if is related too this but my sims are cooking and they stop what doing too go practice acting in the mirror. One of my sims almost died when  they kept stop cooking too go practice in the mirror. The sims i was playing got bad moodlet for harvestfest because they did not do what i asked them too do.

Message 136 of 255 (586 Views)

★★ Guide

@catatemyname wrote:
@PriestessAvenaraI would love an option for sims to click on the community board or mailbox and select "comply with NAP xyz" and "ignore NAP xyz". That way everyone could choose how their sims act and still be able to be the recovering juice enthusiast who really doesn't want to start again, despite the whole neighborhood suddenly becoming juiced. :D Or the lone artist in a community of tech-savvies, you name it.

There are many suggestions and wishes from the sim community, but many of those may be simply not possible or too difficult to implement. So at the end of the day, while I do have my preferences in possible solutions, I don't really care which way they choose to go with this issue, as long as they're working on it.

The option to ignore NAPs would be awesome. Why would my introverted loner sim want to participate in neighbourhood activities at all? I wouldn’t in real life. My sim might just want to live their own life in peace. It’d be okay if they were let’s say into music and had a guitar and would be more into spontaneous guitar playing when the creativity NAP was on, IF they want to participate and NOT when they have other tasks queued up, like taking a shower, eating... 

Message 137 of 255 (550 Views)

★★ Pro

@1XOVSOP  Someone showed me this Twitter page for the first time. I don't use Twitter or read Twitter pages, yeah I know I'm weird. However this one is worth noting! It's SimGaruNick's page. When people have been making comments about some of what has been going on he'll reference our different threads proving EA HAS seen our different bug threads so let's keep those me too's coming! https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick  I had so much hope when I saw this. He was posting specific bug reports to show he's seen and heard us and if he's seen the specific N.A.P. problem ones he is sure to have seen this one too!

@bandit34  Going by what's reported by specific N.A.P.'s, and while I probably haven't spotted all of them, this is the first time I've heard someone talking about practicing acting in the mirror. Since I can't seem to find a N.A.P. that references acting specifically, you might want to try making a bug report about it and if it does match up with one already on the forum the forum administrators will be kind enough to merge your bug report in with it. The closest I see is "Promote Creative Arts", but in that thread I keep reading about people playing with clay constantly, not practicing acting in the mirror. Possibly "Fun-Loving Community", although none of them talk about acting either, just "Comedy, Mischief, and even Video Gaming". Which makes me wonder if you've found a new bug. Although if your N.A.P. isn't one of those you are in the right thread. None of the other ones reference anything that might be artistic in nature. What IS your N.A.P.?

Message 138 of 255 (551 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

the only one active for arts was the nap for preforming arts.

Message 139 of 255 (525 Views)

★★ Pro

@bandit34  Um...well there is this one since you are having issues with being interrupted from what you are doing. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Active-Sims-interrupt-current-interaction-to-do-something...  So maybe post what's happening to you there and if you wouldn't mind give the original post a me too? That's always very helpful!

Message 140 of 255 (508 Views)