Re: [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs

by catatemyname

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@goldwine"so be careful what you choose" - that's why I'm gonna vote for one of the options which don't have any effects on my Sim (bags or conservation) - all I have to do is vote on 1 NAP, sttempt to convince a Sim to vote on a NAP, vote on NAP two separate times

Message 121 of 255 (1,487 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@kusurusu I voted in the green initiatives one for the quarry neighborhood last round after saving a backup and it doesn't seem to have unleashed a flood of NAPs yet, so I think you will be okay. I haven't played it long enough yet to say it's totally safe to vote something in, but I did a quick check when I rotated and all the other neighborhoods still claim to be NAP-free. Best of luck. 

Message 122 of 255 (1,478 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kusurusu Yes and no. If you have NPC voting turned off, the only NAPs that will be enacted is the one you voted for. If NPC voting is turned on, ALL other hoods will enact NAPs whether you vote or not.

Whether you enact one or the other hoods enact ones, either way, the NAPs will cause problems with sims. It's best to turn them all off until it's fixed.
Message 123 of 255 (1,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@goldwine

There are very likely some that are OK. The "Green initiatives" one might be ok, voting for the community space should be ok.

The only ones I'm positive are bad are the foodie one, creative one, tech one, & sharing is caring. Not sure about the others.

Just be extremely careful, and have backups. If it goes bad, you'll need a save to fall back to.

Message 124 of 255 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Free love and naked sims are EVERYWHERE. Can this game become more broken? Thanks to simvasion, it's playable now, but voting itself is still broken. I've voted several times for gardens just 4 sim-minutes before the closing of the voting. Other options had ZERO votes. And? SOMEHOW the maker space won.

Message 125 of 255 (1,174 Views)

★ Guide

So, is there any feedback from EA yet? Are they aware, are they working on it? It is as game-breaking as it gets, by now I would at least expect an aknowledgement of the problem. A fix would be nice too, I'd love to return to my actual save file (I really don't want to use any mods, and I was too dumb to remember to backup my save file before installing the patch and expansion pack). I have not yet experienced a bug of that magnitude with the Sims 4, so I'm not really sure what the reasonable time frame for this stuff is. Don't want to be too impatient, but... I paid for this game to enjoy it, not for it to break my game.

Message 126 of 255 (1,147 Views)

★★ Pro

@catatemyname  I am 100% behind you. In all my time I've never seen an expansion pack so thoroughly break a game. The N.A.P.'s sounded so cute and awesome, but one attempt at playing most of them and you are SURE they are pure evil. Add in the cascade of other bugs like parents neglecting toddlers and pets teleporting off your lot requiring to be invited over by phone (awww, how cute, they think they are people now. Wink ), and harvestables being downgraded from perfect quality down to nice in my experience after one harvest and suddenly it's more entertaining being on the bug forum than the game itself. No, really, I find it more interesting hearing the stories of others here than playing my game because my game is so broken it's depressing. I don't feel so alone in my frustration and it actually makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.

It's a really bad sign when a game meant to be enjoyed and simulate life is so broken people start migrating to the bug forums to vent and feel the sense of joy they used to feel playing said game. Although I also hang out here to get warnings. That gardening N.A.P. I nearly voted in would've had my SIM dropping all her queues and tasks I've asked her to do to go visit her garden constantly. Bullet dodged just from spending some time here and hearing everyone out. Meanwhile, when I read it I thought "Surely this only means my NPC neighbors will want to start gardens of their own." No, no it means that if they visit I might as well set a chair down in my greenhouse because that's the only place in my house they'd zoom off to the second I let them in. The NPC's will become obsessed with existing gardens, not plant their own as hoped! Plus, I happily keep my garden well tended so there would be nothing left for them to do besides talk to the plants and research them. Yeah, not the get together I would have planned. "Hey, you! I invited you over for some conversation. Why not talk to me instead of my plants?"

It's bad enough that suddenly people whip out their cellphones in the middle of a conversation now, but let them vote for N.A.P.'s and they'll be pulling out future cubes, clay, instruments, dropping to the ground to exercise, or a myriad of other unwanted interruptions. A social need? What's that? No, I need influence points! Lots and lots of influence points. Who cares if I'm sad because I'm lonely? I can't stop now. I have nearly a thousand influence! Eco Lifestyle has turned the SIMs into influence point junkies. Bleck.

Message 127 of 255 (1,134 Views)

★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara Oh, there's a lot of issues that point to simply poor design, and honestly, it wouldn't have been half as bad if not for the bugs of being "infected" by NAPs from other neighborhoods and NAPs not going anywhere even after they are repealed. Without those, you can bring back the order of things to your game, even if you'd need to have a played household in every single neighborhood of every world, because in my game at least, they all voted autonomously, whether I was playing there or not. (Although maybe only the neighborhoods I have a household I played at some point, and those only inhabited by non-played households are fine? Idk, I'm kinda scared to return to my save rn XD). From the current gameplay, I would not even want any of those behavior-changing NAPs anyway, as I've explained in my previous posts (I don't like my tech-obessed sim to suddenly play the violin he doesn't even own: immersion breaking all the way). But if they'd just fixed those two major bugs I'd already be happy. Of course there are many players who would love to use those NAPs exactly because they change the behavior and make the sims feel more real, if they weren't so broken. So for their sake: fix those too, please, EA!
Message 128 of 255 (1,128 Views)

★★ Pro

@catatemyname  One way they could potentially fix N.A.P.'s, besides making them not stack, is if they had a COOL DOWN. So say, every SIM HOUR they are allowed to randomly do something silly. That would probably be my minimum for tolerating any of this strange behavior since it effects EVERY SIM so once an hour everyone wildly plays with clay and then I get peace and quiet for another SIM hour. Honestly I'd prefer it to be a once a day thing so it has some, but minimal impact on game play. Plus you have rotating NPC's coming in and out so even with it having a day's cool down you'd still see plenty of that clay getting played with and feel, yes, my N.A.P. IS in fact working. Also I'd like to see it not queue up for those who want to play with autonomy off such as myself. That way I get to laugh at everyone else being silly with their clay, but if my SIM is in the middle of using the bathroom she doesn't suddenly poof clay out of no where and start messing with it half way through her business! You gave us the choice to play without autonomy EA, please give it back to us! I don't have this problem when I set up clubs, so why now?

You know what stops them from playing with that clay? When they are so tired they flop face first on the floor with their bottoms in the air. Now THAT stops their clay obsession. *laughs*

Message 129 of 255 (1,107 Views)

★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara I would love an option for sims to click on the community board or mailbox and select "comply with NAP xyz" and "ignore NAP xyz". That way everyone could choose how their sims act and still be able to be the recovering juice enthusiast who really doesn't want to start again, despite the whole neighborhood suddenly becoming juiced. :D Or the lone artist in a community of tech-savvies, you name it.

There are many suggestions and wishes from the sim community, but many of those may be simply not possible or too difficult to implement. So at the end of the day, while I do have my preferences in possible solutions, I don't really care which way they choose to go with this issue, as long as they're working on it.
Message 130 of 255 (1,081 Views)