Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by LaurenVillone

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★★ Guide

I haven't traveled, and I used the mailbox cheat to disable all 3 of my neighborhood N.A.P.s. My Sim is still behaving the same way (gets distracted with instruments/art stuff after 5-10 seconds of any task). 

Message 31 of 255 (1,256 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also thinking of disabling the pack, which is a shame because the CAS and build/buy content is Stellar and I'm excited to use it.  But if the pack renders my whole save infected (and all the other ones I've been afraid of opening and infecting) then I have no choice but to disable it.  And expansion packs are not a small chunk of change, and it's ruining my gaming experience with ALL THE OTHER PACKS.

I am just so, so disappointed in my purchase.  I honestly wish I'd waited.  And only time will tell if I regret the whole pack altogether.

Hopefully toggling the NAPs so that you can opt out will fix the problem - but we don't know yet.

Message 32 of 255 (1,259 Views)

★ Guide
@LaurenVillone did you only play one household since the pack came out, and none of the sims traveled? If you are experiencing NAPs that your neighborhood hasn't voted for, that might be new info, I assumed the issues came from other worlds having those and the sim travelling there at some point. But disabling NAPs doesn't seem to work either at the moment, neither through repealing nor via cheating or mods.
Message 33 of 255 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@LaurenVillone I did the same...but the only thing that marginally helped was turning off autonomy. Not that I see that as a fix but I was able to manage basic gameplay. But so disappointing because it was really fun until it went off the rails.
Message 34 of 255 (1,251 Views)

★★ Guide

@catatemyname Hey! So I've been playing a student who only traveled between her home at Foxbury and the middle Brightchester neighborhood. But I also tested 3 weeks in only one neighborhood on a fresh save (adopting 3 different N.A.P.s by the end). 

In both cases, after using the mailbox cheat to auto-disable all adopted N.A.P.s, I'm still experiencing the same issues. 

Message 35 of 255 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LaurenVilloneWell, as I said, disabling NAPs doesn't disable their effects unfortunately. It's one of the major bugs. But if all the NAP effects you have experienced are derived from what was active in one of those two neighborhoods at some point, then it is still as suspected, I guess. It would have been a whole new can of worms if you could actually have NAPs spread without even visiting other neighborhoods.

EDIT: University is a major pain with these bugs around. Been there, done that. Not fun.

Message 36 of 255 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This NAP make it a issue to enjoy playing with your household families who have stepparents . one of my sims stepmother's called him while he was away at college asking to go on a date with him and she just had twins with his father.

I don't like the fact my sims are kissing on random sims or friends of there that are married, crazy spawning of clay dough and the game cube every sims have it now.

This new NAP thing have made my gameplay awful, I don't want all my married sims kissing on just anyone because I play my game a certain way.

I'm scared to even play with my sim game right now because most of my sims share a house with their brother or sister who married or they have stepparents.

I play all my sims games on PC computer

Message 37 of 255 (1,204 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i stoped today playing Sims and i deleted my Save (have a Copy from the latest Save right before EL)

I will start this Story new as soon as these Issues are fixed and not before. Its really heartbreaking

Message 38 of 255 (1,344 Views)

★ Pro

Sounds more like all NAPs are applied at once if this happens without leaving current neighborhood (as player)

Message 39 of 255 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kusurusuThe problem are the NAP's applied to other worlds actually. In one testing save game, I haven't had the luck of having the "Sharing is Caring" NAP, and none of my sims are stealing things.
The moment that policy was active in one of them, some sims started the stealing.

Message 40 of 255 (1,322 Views)