Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

by LaurenVillone

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPC

★★★★ Guide

1) the main issue i see here is that you cant get rid off of the hidden NAP traits of all Sims, even when you delete the NAPs they are still affected which is definetley a bug.

2) the second problem are the clays and future cubes spawning in the inventory several times a day, which is so annoying and the money needs to be reduced by cheat if you wont use this bug to become very rich.

this is a personal opinion that it would have been enough to gain more influence points with NAP activitys only instead of change behaviours of all Sims. Even your own played Sims should not break up commands for doing these as you guide them by yourself... the NPC Sims may reduce this behaviour. my neighbours were sad constantly because of this future cube!

Message 21 of 255 (2,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Marquillotuca89 Yeah--totally agree that it's the whole point of the feature. We should definitely be able to choose not to participate in a community's current N.A.P. though (thus giving you incentive to repeal/vote for something that fits your Sim's personality). It stinks when my STEM-focused Sim won't build a robot because she's too busy jamming out on the guitar:/ 

Message 22 of 255 (2,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LaurenVillone  I'm honestly kind of scared because a lot of people are asking to delete this feature from other worlds hahaha 

In my eyes, what EA should do: 

1) Add a switch that allows the player to choose if they want other districts affected. 

2) Delete the NAP's buffs when the Sims visit other lots. I like the idea of visitors being influenced by current neighboardhood NAP's, so I think the easiest solution is to delete the buffs and objetcs related to a NAP when they visit other lots. 

3) Tune down the effects, or at least, don't let them overtake player's queue and Sims needs. 

Message 23 of 255 (2,071 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

I removed all the NAPs but it has completely screwed with the autonomy. Now my sims don't finish potty training, eating, sunbathing, homework, video gaming. Trying to get through one semester of uni was a nightmare with them finishing anything. And don't even get me started on the mayhem the roommates were causing doing all the NAPs all the time. Has anyone from EA acknowledged that this is a problem?!?

Message 24 of 255 (2,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Marquillotuca89As far as I know, it was meant to be neighborhood-specific. I would not even mind sims getting affected when visiting, as long as they leave it behind when they go home. There are many ways it can be improved on, but the bare minimum is to fix the bugs and scale down the amount of those activities. I have my preferences on how I wish they handled this, but I'm not the only one playing this game, and they can't make toggles for everything, I guess. I'll be happy if they fix the big issues, the rest I can adapt to and adjust my playstyle (hopefully XD).
And I totally agree NAPs should NEVER interrupt player prompted and need-based interactions. ...would also be nice if sims knew they still had leftovers before cooking a new meal. Wink

Message 25 of 255 (2,042 Views)

★ Guide
@catatemyname OMG, please. It's a nightmare when the policy that affects cooking is active. Sims are constantly preparing food. HAHAH
Message 26 of 255 (2,042 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

NOW I know what is going on in my game! I thought I was going crazy! All my Sims suddenly doing random pushups when I told them to work on a skill; sims randomly making concoctions on the grill; sims suddenly having violins; sims suddenly having clay.

If I WANT my sim to play an instrument, I will buy them one. If I WANT my sim to earn influence points, I want to actually direct them to do so. I don't want them 'forced' to do so! What's the point then? It should take player directed effort to earn those points and player directed effort to learn how to best earn those points. 

Please, fix this issue.

Message 27 of 255 (2,003 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA are you listening!?!  Why haven't you reached out to your customers to at least acknowledge these issues?

It seems like the Eco Lifestyle pack did not receive adequate testing before release, because the issues are so basic.

I've purchased all the packs over the years, but Eco Lifestyle ruined the Sims.

I plan to disable Eco Lifestyle, at the very least, and may quit playing the Sims altogether.  I'm so fed up right now.

Message 28 of 255 (2,124 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@catatemyname That's exactly what I loved about the concept. I tailored the NAPs to my different sims in different worlds. But then all hell broke loose and it's been batcrap crazy ever since.
Message 29 of 255 (2,111 Views)

★ Guide
@OrchidDazzleMoon To be fair, it's not an issue you would notice when play-testing specific content. That is also the reason why there are relatively few cases reported yet. You would only notice it if you either play a rotational style or travel with your sims. When testing, they probably focused on Evergreen Harbor and the NAPs in general, and never thought of trying it out in different worlds and test it over a period of several sims-weeks to get enough NAPs enacted all over the different worlds. I don't think any of the youtubers with early access caught it either. But now that it has become a major problem, they should really get to fixing this ASAP. It makes the game literally unplayable.
I thought of starting a new save file with a clean slate and disabled neighborhood voting (meaning, as I understood, that only the played sim can initiate the NAPs), but according to other posts I read it doesn't actually work either, they don't vote but still one of the randomly chosen NAPs gets enacted. So I am either not playing anymore until they fix it or I need to disable the pack, which is a real shame, because I actually loved it before the issues arose.
Message 30 of 255 (2,113 Views)