by Tashuunka

Original Post

Re: Eco Lifestyle not in compliance

★★★ Novice

This is happening with me too and idk how to fix it

Message 21 of 36 (4,568 Views)

★ Guide

I have this happening as well, despite having all my appliances upgraded with eco parts, having solar panels, wind turbines, dew collector and a garden, every visit of the inspector results in a fine announcement.

Interesting twist is that those fines are not actually reflected on my bills, I get a tax break (probably due to objects on my lot), but no penalties or participation to the Green Initiative and Modern Development NAPs, I doubt there are enough objects on the lot to compensate these costs. It is still very unclear to me how those bills are calculated.

Message 22 of 36 (4,540 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrade

★★★ Apprentice

I had this too, despite having 12 vertical planters.

Message 23 of 36 (4,511 Views)

★ Guide

I finally stopped getting fines as soon as I put a bug box at the front of my house. Now the inspector comes, reacts to it immediately and it seems good enough.

Message 24 of 36 (4,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just tested a bunch with a nearly empty lot, and it seems the inspector has some very specific things he's looking for (and doesn't care about anything else).

• Upcycling: 1 Recycler or Fabricator
  • Clean Energy: 1 Dew Collector, Solar Panel, or Wind Turbine
  • Eco-Friendly Appliances: 1 of Sink, Fridge, TV, or Computer with BOTH new upgrades (Water Recycler and H2O Siphoner for the sink; Energy Efficient and Fuel Cell for the others).  Having non-upgraded items is fine, as long as there's at least one of those items with both upgrades.  The upgrades have to be on the same item - two sinks with one upgrade each don't count.  Toilets, Showers, and Stoves don't seem to count either.  The upgrades don't have to be done with Eco-parts, regular upgrade parts work just fine.
  • Green Gardening: 1 Insect Farm or Bee Box  (No plants - nothing else on the lot except the mailbox, but he's happy).  Gardening does give influence throughout the week, but it's just the bug-box that the inspector is looking for - of all of them, this is the least helpful description.

My poor test Sim feels like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day now.. (and she's not done yet, because now I'm going to try to make myself a mod to make garden plants count - with the autonomy NAPs being buggy, I've decided to stick with these four on my main save).

Message 25 of 36 (4,431 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrades

Champion

I think that the test performed for the eco friendly upgrades NAP inspection is wrong.

This is the test from the tuning file for the NAP inspector final checks:

Spoiler
        <L n="test">
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <V n="fallback_behavior" t="always_pass" />
                <E n="operator">EQUAL</E>
                <T n="value">235688<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_AtomizedMist--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">235474<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_CompostingContainer--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">233852<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_EnergyEfficientDrive--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">233853<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_FuelCell--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">233854<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_Siphoner--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">235475<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_WaterRecycler--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
        </L>

The way it is written, in order to pass the inspection, the appliance would have to have ALL upgrades that it runs the test for in order to pass, which in the case of a sink for example, it would need both the fuel cell and the water recycler upgrades at the same time to pass inspection.

I think that instead of requiring ALL items in the test list, it should be checking for ANY items in the test list, so that, in the example of a sink, having either fuel cell OR water recycler should allow it to pass. When I rewrote the test so that each upgrade was tested separately like below, my upgraded appliances passed the test by having ANY eco upgrade installed:

Spoiler
        <L n="test">
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">235688<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_AtomizedMist--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">235474<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_CompostingContainer--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">233852<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_EnergyEfficientDrive--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">233853<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_FuelCell--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">233854<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_Siphoner--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
          <L>
            <V t="state">
              <U n="state">
                <T n="value">235475<!--upgrade_Completed_EcoUpgrades_WaterRecycler--></T>
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
        </L>

That is the way I believe most people expect the eco upgraded appliances inspection to work.

I hope that lets EA see what the issue is and decide whether or not it's meant to work that way or not.

Message 26 of 36 (4,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The NAP inspector has been through two sim weeks, and has said I am in compliance and will see a reduction in bills. I have a reduction in weekly bills. BUT every time I open a fridge, any time they change tasks on the computer ex. chat - stop - minus 25 simoleons - research guitar - stop - minus 25  - check social media status - stop - minus 25, cook, put a plate in the dishwasher, use the recycler, fabricate, watch tv, listen to the radio... I've upgraded with energy efficient eco upgrades, and the NAP inspector says I'm in compliance, so I expect this fine to stop now.

EDITED TO ADD: I went to the maker's space lot to dumpster dive. There are tv's that have been dumped. They've been repaired, so my sim went to watch tv, because his fun was low. He was fined 25 simoleons on that lot for watching tv. I know technology and bugs are not easy to fix in a big project like this game, but this is one that I hope they fix soon, because it is probably the worst when you're trying to be a freegan who doesn't need a real income.

Message 27 of 36 (4,243 Views)

Anonymous

Going with this thread to report my issue because I'm not sure which it most resembles Devil

I figured that getting the water/dew collectors would make my Sim's bills lower, because of getting the water, but the water portion of the bills gets more costly every time I buy one. The exact opposite of what I hoped!

I tried the mod which fixes the lot tax cap, and it seems to have also changed my water so that now (although I am still massively in the red at present) it shows a daily gain in water for the future. 

Happy to do some testing without mods (and in the right thread, whichever it might be) and make some proper notes; but essentially, something isn't counting properly for the power.

Message 28 of 36 (3,991 Views)

★★★ Pro
@home8896 Do you have the Back to the Old Days N.A.P active in any of your neighborhoods?
Message 29 of 36 (3,847 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I did not. At least not in the neighborhoods I was visiting. However, I did notice other neighborhoods would get automatic and random NAPs. I didn't visit them all. But I finished that rags to riches and built my house from dumpsters and building things myself, so I just went on to a new game, and it isn't happening anymore.

Message 30 of 36 (3,824 Views)