by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Missing world objects/blue void in Evergreen Harbor

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I presume all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to all the neighborhoods in Evergreen Harbor and remark the world environment objects that have changed whether they have modern development and green policies that morph the neighborhoods from NAPS and without.
What happens when the bug occurs? Various world environment objects that add envionmental filler in the World disappear and there are remnants of blue void peeking through the world
What do you expect to see? The world environment objects to no longer vanish and no more blue void lines
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.84.171.1030 update

Note that I'm posting this from Iron Seagull's reports of the issue from Twitter:

These are direct screenshots taken from Twitter most likely as a consequence of the bug fix for removing the blue shade that covers all of Evergreen Harbor during building that makes the world look underwater. Most likely because of that, now world objects that would transform in the environment depending on what NAPs policies are in the neighborhoods that would change the surrounding area now are vanished, as if it's returned to a pre-alpha stage of development. On top of that, there is still remnants of blue void peeking through the world and it seems such a fix was not worked on thoroughly and also not thoughtfully. At this point a reversion is a better fix of this consequence rather than this result.

Edit By Crinrict: Filled in missing template, added tag

Message 1 of 71 (10,548 Views)

Re: [ECO] Missing world environment objects/blue void in Evergreen Harbor

★★★ Guide

I have this bug, but as with the previous bug, travelling to a lot in the neighbourhood with a sim fixed it.

Message 2 of 71 (10,426 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem. They had said they fixed it in the last update, but apparently not. Hope they fix it in the next update asap, this bug is very annoying

Message 3 of 71 (10,385 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Your Config.log file (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) would also be very useful. You can DM me the link to your files, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 71 (10,287 Views)

static lots gone in evergreen harbor

★★★★★ Newbie

when loading my game I found that the static lots in evergreen harbor had all disappeared. The issue continued to persist even after removing mods folder

Message 5 of 71 (10,331 Views)

Re: static lots gone in evergreen harbor

★★★★★ Expert
@Wqterfqlls Start a new game, check if there is a problem in the new game, if the problem persists, delete localthumbcache.package and repair the game. Perhaps this will solve the problem.
Message 6 of 71 (10,286 Views)

Hero
@Wqterfqlls Your picture is very dark and hard to see. What do you mean by static lots ?

Like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/4620279

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 71 (10,259 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Maybe they mean the fake houses that aren't actual lots? The shell houses next to the playable lots making it look like you'd have neighbours. The picture looks like my world, and I assumed it was the same for everyone. Quite a bit of the scenery in Evergreen is gone plus not all of the blue is fully fixed either. I stopped playing the game when the blue became a thing, waited forever and now I still can't play in that world...

Message 8 of 71 (10,184 Views)

Hero
@Qu4s1m0doS So basically this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ECO-Missing-world-objects-blue-void-in-Evergreen/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 71 (10,177 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, thank you!

Message 10 of 71 (10,171 Views)