[OPEN] [ECO] Green technician did not receive draft tablet

by patalonzo

Original Post

Re: Green technician did not receive draft tablet

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @crinrict ! Thanks for ypour wonderful work all these years! Vielen Danken! 

Message 11 of 20 (818 Views)

Drafting Tablet Missing - Civic Planner

★ Novice

My sim got a degree in Communications so speed tracked the Civic Planner career, jumping straight to Civic Archivist. When they got the job, they didn't get any of the unlocked items, and none of those items are unlocked in the buy menu - most notable the Drafting Tablet

Message 12 of 20 (818 Views)

Re: Drafting Tablet Missing - Civic Planner

★★★★★ Apprentice
@yeahitsthatoscar Try using cheats.

Step 1: Ctrl/Command + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Use bb.showhiddenobjects.
Step 3: Check if it appears.

Use +XP if it worked or you need further assistance.
Message 13 of 20 (802 Views)

Re: Drafting Tablet Missing - Civic Planner

Hero
@yeahitsthatoscar I merged your post with the current bug report on the issue

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (790 Views)

Re: Eco-Lifestyle Civil Designer Tablet Missing!!

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem, too, except it’s locked. My Sim got a degree and has the Connections trait, so she started her career in level 8 of the Green Technician field. Dunno if that’s the problem, but I’m not sure why it would matter.

Message 15 of 20 (781 Views)

Re: Eco-Lifestyle Civil Designer Tablet Missing!!

Hero
@zeldaria195 I merged your post with the bug report on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (752 Views)

Level 6 Civil Designer can't purchase Drafting Tablet

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Eco Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After graduating University I was placed at level 6 Civil Designer Career. My daily task is to use a Drafting Tablet to Draft a Municipal Concept. I do not have, nor can I purchase from build mode, a Drafting Tablet. Since I skipped level 2 of the career I never received the reward (drafting tablet.)
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to use an item in game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have a Drafting Tablet in my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

pic

Message 17 of 20 (732 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Green technician did not receive draft tablet

★ Guide

I don't know if I need to start a new thread for my issue. I don't have Univerisity. I made a sim in story mode. The sim had got the job from story mode.

The tablet Did spawn on loading my sim, however she does not own the tablet. Pic attached. She can use it to for her job, but only from her personal inventory. If the tablet is anywhere else, she can't use it. I can put it into her inventory at home. If she put it down in a public space or NPC home, she can't pick it up/ I can't put in inventory. Which also means that she can only work from home, since she never puts it back into her personal inventory when done. Defeats the purpose of having a tablet.

Message 18 of 20 (570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Workaround: i bought a drafting tablet for the pubpic library lot, there it is unlocked. Sims can use it when visiting the library 

Message 19 of 20 (434 Views)

★ Guide
@sushicrow When on your home lot, try putting the tablet in the household inventory and then taking it out again. This usually works for things my sims find in dumpsters but they don't "own." When I take the object out again it is considered "owned."
Message 20 of 20 (395 Views)