by JennyOmnichord

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Green technician did not receive draft tablet

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 167451020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all game packs but star wars, all expansions, and most stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? a Green Technician cannot buy the tablet as did not recieve it when got job cause not a civil engineer
What happens when the bug occurs? no draft tablet
What do you expect to see? a draft tablet in my pack or at the least able to buy one
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims is a Green Technician, not a Civil Engineer but has same tasks to draft things. She did not receive the tablet and cannot buy it cause not a civil engineer even though they basically the same.  Consequently she is unable to do the work at home tasks.  I have not been able to find anything about the tablet on a green technician, just on a civil engineer and only reply that would of helped was to buy the tablet but its not available cause not a civil engineer.  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (3,567 Views)

Sims Cant purchase a Draft Tablet. Sims has degree and started as Green Tech

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Kids Room, Parenthood, Dine Out, Get Together, Fitness Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Romantic Garden Stuff, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Eco Lifestyle, My First Pet, Moschnino Stuff, Spa Day, Get Famous, Backyard Stuff, Prefect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Cats and Dogs, Tidler Stiff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Island Livings
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Graduate with a Physics degree and go straight to Green Technician 7
What happens when the bug occurs? Have not received draft tablet. Draft Table is locked in Buy Mode due to character not reaching Civil Designer Level 2.
What do you expect to see? Either the draft tablet in inventory, or the ability to purchase a replacement tablet since character is a Green Technician Level 8 and past Level 2 Civil Designer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim starts her career at an advance level because she has a Physics degree. The Work from home feature requires Sim to use a draft tablet however the Sim was never issued a tablet. And the table can not be purchased until Sim reaches Level 2 Civil Designer. I tried get the sim a promotion to see if it will update. Its still locked.

Message 2 of 20 (3,549 Views)

Re: Green technician did not receive draft tablet

Hero
@patalonzo You mean this was entry level your Sim entered the career after Uni and this made you not get the tablet ?

The easiest solution would probably be to add another Sim to your household, have them enter the career at base level, buy the tablet then delete the Sim you added.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (3,524 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict thanks I will try that
Message 4 of 20 (3,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@patalonzoFrom what I understand is all lower rewards of all jobs are rewarded through university when you graduate and move to new home if you live in dorm if you live off campus the rewards will spawn based on the level of your skill and grades, these rewards spawn in household inventory and if you move you could actually loose access to them if you don't say household inventory too. You may be able to get it back by going in to work one day and it might spawn in household inventory when you get back.

Edit: when I joined the writing career at level 6 from getting a degree i got rewards when I went in to my first workday not work at home, you actually have to go to work to get though rewards.  If you are doing freelancer the rewards come when you gradurate and move out of the doorm or college. 

Message 5 of 20 (3,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i studied from home. the tablet did not spawn.

Same problem here. Sim entered the green technician career after university and did not get the tablet. it did not spawn as the career items usually (should) do.   (only one water collector thing spawned in the hh-inventory.

- Replies merged by EA_Roger.

Message 6 of 20 (3,411 Views)

Missing Drafting Tablet

★★★★ Novice

My sims needs to draft a municipal concept.  She doesn't have the drafting tablet, and it's still locked in the purchase menu.  She went to university, so she entered the civil civic planning career at level six - perhaps because she entered at level six, she didn't unlock it because that happens at level 2?  Is there a workaround?

Message 7 of 20 (3,367 Views)

Re: Missing Drafting Tablet

Hero
@JennyOmnichord Merged your post with the bug report.

Could you test if this works: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Green-technician-did-not-receive-draft-tablet/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (3,348 Views)

Re: Missing Drafting Tablet

★★★★ Novice

I didn't want to add another sim in this circumstance, but I found a workaround by going into the household of a different civic planner, having them buy multiples, and then gifting one to the other sim.  It should work as long as my other sim doesn't lose it.  Still a weird set back, though, the system thinking she's not qualified enough to unlock it...

Message 9 of 20 (3,327 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Green technician did not receive draft tablet

★★★★★ Novice

Have the exact same problem. Completed Uni, went to join the Green Technician career. Degree meant I started at level 7 so I didn't get any of the rewards or unlocks for the previous career levels. 
This isn't the first time this has been an issue in TS4, why does it constantly get overlooked. It's infuriating as I now have to add sims and fake careers on them just to get what I need to actually do my job...

Message 10 of 20 (3,208 Views)