by TragiccSimmer

Original Post

[FIXED] [ECO] [GTW] [CD] [DO] Business breaks Lot with Modern Develop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a store in Port Port promise and open a retail store.
What happens when the bug occurs? The world breaks; the surrounding areas around the lot disappear and everything looks like its floating in the sky
What do you expect to see? The world to not be floating in nothingness
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading Eco Lifestyle

Happens every time I open the store. The surrounding areas of the lot disappear. The lot basically looks like its floating in mid-air. Surrounding areas are just as bad, see pictures. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 47 (3,633 Views)

Neighbourhood Changes Disappear when Opening Retail Business

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Famous, All Game Packs except Realm of Magic, Vampires and Spa Day, and only Tiny Living, Movie Hangout and Laundry Day stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a Retail Business, after the NAPs have changed the neighbourhood.Everything is fine entering the lot, then as soon as hit the Open for Business button, whoosh, it changes!
What happens when the bug occurs? All the areas within the neighbourhood that change when the NAP call for it, disappear. The lots become floating blocks, the paths and roads between become white or mirrored depending on time of day. Closing the business, doesn't reset it back.
What do you expect to see? The neighbourhood to look like it does before Opening the Business.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After about 5 game weeks, I bought the smaller house lot, Rockridge Springs in Grims Quarry, as a retail business, for my sims who live on Shiipping Views in Port Promise. I did very little building, only adding a few larger windows at the front and a bigger door. Everything was fine, shop stocked, items set for sale, until I hit the 'Open' button. Then all the parts of the neighbourhood that change when the NAP changes disappeared. This happens every time in this game. I tested another family from a different save, but it didn't happen, though I didn't play through a NAP change. 

Message 2 of 47 (3,593 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] [GTW] Opening retail lot breaks eco lifestyle world

Hero

@jeni2810 Merged your post with existing thread

@TragiccSimmer 

Do you guys also have issues with vet clinics and restaurants or is this limited to retail ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 47 (3,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI don't have Dine Out but will give a Vet Clinic a try.

Edited to say, Yes I do have Dine Out - that's what happens when you've taken advantage of recent sales! 

Message 4 of 47 (3,527 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have just tried opening a Vet Clinic.

First in Conifer Station, which did not have the Modern Development NAP. It was okay there. They didn't have the Green Initiatives either.

Secondly in Grims Quarry, where the Modern Development is active. And Yes, the neighbourhood disappears again.

Message 5 of 47 (3,495 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tested retail, vet and restaurant lots in all 3 neighborhoods. When the Modern Development NAP is active the world breaks. When that NAP isnt active the world functions normally.

Message 6 of 47 (3,459 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I've not had this retail issue however i had what i believe to be the same type of bug with opening a vet. Not sure if they use the same type of system or not.

Message 7 of 47 (3,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks all for testing. Adjusted title

Please everyone make sure to click on the me too button

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 47 (3,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It seems to me that when opening the retail store, the neighbourhood is set back to the default, but when modern development is active it ends up removing the ground that has been changed by it. So when Modern Development is new only the parts of ground that has been changed disappear. I tried going to manage world and then go back into the retail lot while it was opened and the ground reappeared, but it was the old skin with trash and plain asphalt. The other surroundings that have been changed by MD also change back to default, however, these don't disappear but simply looks like they used to before MD (no golden propeller, no void critters on the old plant, blue water in the water treatment plant returns to brown). Reskinned (blue) crane also disappears.

In short: when opening the store the neighbourhood resets back to default and is unable to load the defaults of some of the reskinned surroundings (ground and crane) so they simply end up disappearing.

Edit: As for the Green Initiatives N.A.P. all the new plants also disappear when opening store

Message 9 of 47 (3,294 Views)

World Around Disappears when opening Restaurant

★★★ Newbie

When I travel to the restaurant venue I own and open the business, the world around the lot will go completely blue.  If I restart the game with the restaurant open, and never leave the lot again, it works.   When this started, I had MCCC installed.  I removed it and repaired my game, testing after both, and it still occurs.

Helpful info:

• the restaurant is in Port Promise, in the new world that comes with Eco Lifestyle 
  • I have all DLC 
  • As previously stated, I have removed all CC
  • I have attached an Image.  It shows the glitch I am experiencing 

I use Dine Out frequently, aside from it being bug-riddled, but having to restart my game every single sim day is getting tedious.  Please Help!!

Message 10 of 47 (3,262 Views)