Blue area outside restaurant lot in Evergreen H. (NOT graphical settings issue)

by CallMeSuperboy

Original Post

World Disappers when Open Retail

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a Retail on a Lot and Open it?
What happens when the bug occurs? The World arround disappers
What do you expect to see? That the World dont get Invisible
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So is Had Eco Lifestyle since the Day it came out.

Since 2 Weeks i play a new Savefile with a Retail in the Neigborhood in Evergreen Harbor. (Left on the Map)

BUT everytime i Open the "Store" The World disapper.
There is NO Error Code or Anything else that had a Problem.

The World do not Apper when I Close the Store. I need do Travel to another World and return to the Store, so the World is "Back"

I Don't know what causes This Problem.

I have Mods, but taking them Out befor every Patch and wait for the Mods being Updatet before i put them Back in the Game.

BUT when this Started, i dosen't have any Mods in my Game.

Here is a Video with the Problem

World Disappers when Open Retail - BlackHeart5190 

Message 21 of 47 (2,226 Views)

Re: World Disappers when Open Retail

★★ Novice

Also experiencing this (I have had the latest July update too). I am in Conifer Station with Modern Development (and Green Initiatives) enabled via the NAP. No mods installed. As soon as I open the retail store all of the other lots turn to blue blank space. When the store is closed it is fine. Have done the 'me too' as well, but flagging that this issue is still live.

Message 22 of 47 (2,176 Views)

Opening a store causes the ground to disappear?

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020 (most recent as of 7-18-20)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack, create a retail lot in one of the brand new neighborhoods. Make sure that whichever neighborhood you choose, the "modern development" change is enacted. Open the retail lot for business.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you open your store for business, areas of the world floor (i.e. the road, grassy areas, etc.) disappear and turn blue. After a bunch of testing, this only happens when the "modern development" change is enacted. This does not happen with any other option on the voting boards. Specifically, the areas of the world that physically change are the places affected. Sidewalks/roads/grass areas that do not get the "modern development" update, are unaffected. It does not go away when you close the store. You must travel elsewhere or go into manage worlds and then you can re-load the lot and it will be fine until you open the store again.
What do you expect to see? The ground should not disappear when you open your store.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Also in general, the retail lots seem to be more buggy in the new neighborhood in general. Sometimes my sims cancel their actions, for example, they cancel mid-checkout or they refuse to try and sell an item, or they stop talking to another sim mid-interaction. I haven't been able to see if this is in any way related to the major issue of the floor disappearing. 

Message 23 of 47 (2,199 Views)

Sims 4 Most of ground completely disappearing as soon as I open retail store?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So I just got a retail store in Evergreen harbor and I just got Eco Lifestyle like a couple days ago. When I get to the lot where my store is everything is fine and the entire ground is visible but as soon as I select "open store" most of the entire ground just completely disappears. To see what it looks like please look at the attachments. I understand that with a new pack coming out there are definitely going to be glitches and I'm not mad about that. I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem or if anyone know a way to work around this. It's not like having the ground gone is making it impossible since I'm still able to play on the lot my store is on because the ground only disappears on the areas outside the lot. I'm just OCD so it really drives me crazy. 

EDIT: I wanted to point out that this happened to me without the modern development nap active in my game. Since everyone is saying that this only happens with that nap.

Message 24 of 47 (2,281 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Most of ground completely disappearing as soon as I open retail store

Community Manager

Hey @XCoco_LolipopX to start with can you remove all custom content from your game and then launch it again to see if you see the same issue. A lot of the time these issues are caused by a mod and it's simply a case of identifying the culprit, what you can do is if the game works as it should then you simply start adding back in your mods one by one till you find the mod at fault.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 25 of 47 (2,232 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Most of ground completely disappearing as soon as I open retail store

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DarkoThanks for the reply. If you seem to really think that this is a mod that is glitching the ground then I guess I could take them out and try it. I will update my post after.

Edit: I took out all of my cc and mods and the problem still persists. I kind of thought that would be the case though. It has to have something to do with the graphics since the ground is just glitching away. I also messed with the graphics in the game options constantly and it didn’t change anything.

Message 26 of 47 (2,203 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @XCoco_LolipopX in that case the best thing to do is to repair the game which you can do by opening your My Game Library and then right-click on the game tile and select Repair. This will check your installed files for any issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 27 of 47 (2,155 Views)

Hero
@XCoco_LolipopX This is a known bug.

I've merged your post with the current bug report on it.

I'm not aware of any current workarounds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 47 (2,126 Views)

Restaurant Opening Breaks Grims Quarry

★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for Island Living Game Packs: Parenthood, Vampires, and Dine Out Stuff Packs: Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play my save, and click "Open" on the Restaurant tab
What happens when the bug occurs? All improvements to Grims Quarry in Evergreen Harbor either revert to the original state before the Modern Development N.A.P. or turn into void. The
What do you expect to see? The restaurant opens and the world stays exactly the same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached is the save file it happened in. (Side note: my game glitches with the weird lots disappearing so if you see the home lot as shipping containers, exit and come back until it is a completely blank lot ). Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AigcT9Y8UaOn0G_AYmh5inwbFOgm5mQx/view?usp=sharing

Message 29 of 47 (2,107 Views)

Blue area outside restaurant lot in Evergreen H. (NOT graphical settings issue)

★★ Apprentice

So I've had Dine Out for a couple of years now, and I've installed a number of restaurants from both the gallery and personally built, which my sims have all visited but never owned. I've never had a serious issue with the restaurant system. In my most recent playthrough since installing Eco-Living, I had the idea to make a restaurant in Evergreen Harbor (on The Shipping Views lot) using items I found in a dumpster. I finally found enough chairs to open the restaurant and was excited to explore actually owning the restaurant, but when I opened the restaurant for customers, blue graphics appeared outside the lot where the textures for the harbor area should have been. 

This is NOT a graphical settings issue (where a blue fog appears outside the currently played lot when on lower settings). It only appears when I open the restaurant, and replaces the texture of the surrounding area. It only disappears when I leave the lot, not when I close the restaurant. It doesn't appear to affect gameplay besides being highly distracting, as the sims can all still walk on it. I think it's hiding the Evergreen Harbor dock because I think I'm seeing stuff that should be under the texture (like the bottom of objects resting on it.) 

I've attached three pictures, one of the lot right before the restaurant is open, one right after, and one from slightly earlier the first time it happened. 

Message 30 of 47 (2,109 Views)