[FIXED] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

by heather1314

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here.

Sim is programming spontaneously  and produces Future Cubes every time.

Message 61 of 378 (3,447 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got tired of cheating the money back down and decided to just recycle the cubes. Don't have the clay spawning and the computer I keep in the inventory until they need to use so no problems so far

Message 62 of 378 (3,647 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same Issue here... exactly as you say. So disturbing this behaviour. Please Fix very soon EA!

Message 63 of 378 (3,624 Views)

Re: Spawning Molding Clay in Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There's also a thread about the NAPs from all the worlds being applied, it still has very little input and relatively few "Me too"s. I'm suspecting way more people are having this issue, so if you also have activities related to NAPs that are not active in your own neighborhood, please add your vote to this one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/m-...

Message 64 of 378 (3,621 Views)

★ Guide
For me it is also only the Npcs that are using, more is all the time. It's annoying
Message 65 of 378 (3,494 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

This is a huge game breaking bug.  I went to the gym and everyone, including NPCs stood in groups playing with clay or looking at the future cube.   Also, what's with the constant need to practice programming.  I can't even avoid it with free will turned off.

Message 66 of 378 (3,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@RoseOfDecemberyour played Sims will be 'infected' when you switch the household for only one time, when you go back to your sims they will start this also

Message 67 of 378 (3,432 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I really hope they fix this soon. This made my game nearly impossible to play. I have to keep track on my sims full time so they don't start to look on the future cube or other stuff.

Message 68 of 378 (3,418 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just had to finally disable the pack for now. Which is SUPER frustrating. 

Message 69 of 378 (3,398 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Future Cubes Spawning in Inventories (after switching househol

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys, just adding another post for anyone wondering how to still play with the bug. 

You can start a new save (as frustrating as that is) and before you do anything or even load any household head to the eco tab in game settings and disallow NPCs from voting. This will stop all neighbourhoods from accumulating any NAPs but you can still play with the eco footprints and other features. Then only vote for an action plan that doesn't directly affect the spawning of items and skills. For example, the clean energy one is fine as that's only about owning solar panels, but tech support concentrates on programming skill and will create the programming/future cube bug, creative NAP will create the clay bug etc. Or just don't vote at all and have no active NAPs. 

Random items disappearing from own household are related to sims with the Recycle Disciple trait (in CAS), I noticed if they haven't recycled for a time they swipe items, so if this is an issue for you just avoid that trait. Not sure if it's intended that they steal from their own household or not but the item they take disappears completely.

You can save your completed builds from the original save into your gallery to copy across the houses to your new game but you'll have to start fresh with the residents as transferring will carry over the bug. Also I turned off the setting that allows NPCs to move into empty lots, not sure if that helped or not though. 

I'm really surprised nobody had noticed this during the play testing phase, because this is a hugely noticeable and game breaking issue!?

Message 70 of 378 (3,356 Views)