by heather1314

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue it sucks Frown

Message 41 of 378 (2,913 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I used one sim to visit only two lots to get signatures to remove one of the NAPs. When she came home I noticed everyone was playing with clay and she had 44 future cubes and 44 clay in her inventory. The rest of the household had varying amounts between 5 and 50. I sold them all, then used the cheat to remove the money so it wouldn't ruin the rags to riches legacy.

Next thing I know, that sim who had travelled suddenly had another 99 clay, 99 future cubes and around 50 roses in less than 24 sim hours. All she'd done was sleep and go to work (which I had to make her do manually, she wouldn't go on her own). After that, every single time I sold the items and used the money cheat to revert to original funds, it happened again within 5 minutes until I got fed up and closed the game. Not only that but she's in the mixology career and I need to promote her, but can't raise her mixology skill as she will only practice programming. She won't talk to the household members or even use the toilet fully, just stays on the PC. It must be something to do with the tech NAP as the other NAP hobbies are ignored.

Tried another household today and within a few hours they're doing the exact same thing, but now it's all 4 of them filling up on clay/future cubes. They just stand around getting mad, waiting for their turn on the computer and dying slowly of hunger whilst occasionally falling asleep on the floor in the puddle of wee they just made.

Not ideal, but I'm sure you guys will come up a fix soon. I just hope it doesn't mean I have to start a new save as I've played this legacy town for over 2 years and without thinking I saved my game with the bug happening Frown

Message 42 of 378 (3,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have clay duplicating in my inventory too. Autonomy is set to off, but my sim jumps up while eating, and a new clay has spawned in her inventory. This only started happening ever since I went to play another household in the same save. As soon as my first girl was marked as a townie, she began having this issue. Disabled autonomy is no longer working. She's drinking water, gardening, and baking white cakes when I'm not looking.

Message 43 of 378 (3,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ok,new info.
Made the last desperate attemt to fix it:
1. Disabled EL through advanced game launch settings.
2. Checked households - BB and CAS (as well as career and aspiration on one of my sims) from EL reset as they should, NAP-induced behaviors stopped.
3. Saved game without EL content.
4. Enabled EL back.
5. Turned NPC votes off to prevent uncontrolled NAPs anywhere.
6. Eco footprint reset, lots in EH reset, but NOT NAPs, they went back to what they were before I disabled EL pack and saved withou it. And all the unwanted behavious and clay started again. That's some next gen bug o_O

My game is unplayable...

Message 44 of 378 (3,048 Views)

★★ Novice

you can go into settings and set it so that your vote is the only one that counts so you can control the active NAPs and prevent getting the ones that are irritating. you can also enable cheats (testingcheats on) and then shift-click your mailbox or voting board and remove and add NAPS.

Message 45 of 378 (3,039 Views)

★ Guide
@emmybee-yt I did this earlier (removed every active NAP in the world) and posted about it in this thread: unfortunately, it doesn't stop the bug that's already happening.
Message 46 of 378 (3,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The duplication of those items is definitely a bug, one I hope they fix soon, along with the excessiveness of all NAP-related activities. But personally, I dislike the actual design behind it as well. Why would a sim who was never really creative suddenly start drawing on a tablet they don't even own? Can't I play that one neighbor who will want to defy the neighborhood decision? It's so unrealistic that just because the majority has voted on something, everyone is suddenly on board. I would really prefer the gameplay not changing the behaviors, just rewarding those activities if a player chooses to do them, or if the sim would have done it anyway. But the sporadic item generation annoys me the most. It is so immersion breaking that sims who don't even own musical instruments suddenly pull them out from who knows where, play a bit, and then it's gone again.

I know it's only slightly on topic, but I had to rant a bit. Am I the only one bothered by this?

Message 47 of 378 (3,034 Views)

Re: Lots of Clay and Playing Guitar/Violin

Hero
@oliviaaguon I merged your post with the clay thread as that's what most people responded too.

For the other interaction obsession, please me too this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-stop-eating-and-cooke-all-the-time/td-p/91781...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 378 (3,011 Views)

Re: Lots of Clay and Playing Guitar/Violin

★★ Novice

I am also experiencing the future cubes and clay, it's really annoying! I also have my Sim making a bazillion cakes (delicious, but do we really need twelve cakes in the space of a day Karen?) Having a browse over the other thread and my sims also do not complete meal tasks but no sign of the violin...yet. I don't really have much to add to this discussion but it's happening to me too. Let's hope it gets resolved soon!

Message 49 of 378 (2,970 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@emmybee-yt That doesn't work. Once the NAPs are enacted, it "infects" ALL sims that enter that neighborhood. Even if you remove the NAPs they're still infected with those traits. If a sim has been through several neighborhoods, they'll basically be bonkers with so many NAP traits.

Unfortunately you can't remove those hidden traits either. I tried. The sims become corrupt with the faulty traits and are ALL unplayable.

This is completely destroying saves. They need to fix this immediately.
Message 50 of 378 (2,968 Views)