Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

by KLoxxon

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@dondola9and anyone else having problems, I strongly recommend doing what raynn0124 says above plus going to this link which was also posted above:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav....

Clay and cube spawning was the worst NAP-related problem in my save, although there was some instrument playing, obsessive book reading and juice fiendish behaviour also going on. I have followed the advice on that link for non mod users, without disabling EL and with a few adjustments for my gameplay, and it is working to date.

- I deleted clay and cubes from inventories and lots in all my played households, and from all the pre-made households I wasn't playing - an alarming amount had them, and I made a list of affected sims.

- I revoked NAPs in all neighbourhoods by using the cheat on the mailbox - again, there were NAPs in a lot of neighbourhoods I wasn't even playing.

- I tested an all-commercial neighbourhood by moving a Sim in temporarily, and there were no NAPs there so that is a good sign because I have heard some players have had trouble with these too.

- I started throwing parties, inviting affected sims, and doing cheat-enact/repeal with the offending NAPs, mostly the tech, creative arts and performing arts ones. As Raynn0124 says above, this doesn't fix NAPs on the household you are playing at the time, so you need to have another household invite them over to get rid of the NAPs on them. Luckily I have many households of outgoing sims in this save, so the partying was at least a fun part of the NAP decontamination process.

- I have sent a sim to Britechester for a term to revoke the NAPs there and throw more parties to fix the NPC students. I'm staying out of Foxbury for now, but I'll send another sim there for a term next to repeat the process.

I decided to go all out to fix my save myself because it's not clear when the next patch will be or if it will sort the NAP madness. I thought the last one would, and it didn't. I'm also really attached to the save, because it's one I started when Island Living came out. Victor Feng leads a club called the 'Conservation Sub-Committee' and works to throw up garish developments all over the place, while the locals fight back. Once I've got the NAPs under control, Victor's got plans for the greened Grims Quarry. My fondness for this save is why I've been haunting 'Bug Reports' for solutions the last few days. I'm very grateful to Crinrict and Raynn0124 - thank you!

Message 281 of 378 (1,640 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Future Cubes Spawning in Inventories (after switching househol

★★★★★ Newbie

Same, as soon as I installed EcoLiving, I have future cubes and clay that double AND one of my 2 news sims now exponentially get older (2 days instead of one, then 4 days instead of one). That same sim never finishes a shower, meal, or workout either. I am so frustrated. 

Message 282 of 378 (1,582 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I confirm this is still an issue after the latest patch, though you can sell those cubes for decent amount Wink

Message 283 of 378 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I had a Sim in Selvadorada who had about 47 future cubes in his inventory.

Self-sufficiency has been good to me. No weird bugginess, just helpful NPCs when something breaks. I recommend that NAP if you're looking for a less buggy option.

Message 284 of 378 (1,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yup same. The plus side is I keep recycling them for bits and pieces 👍🏽👍🏽😆😃

Message 285 of 378 (1,132 Views)

Sims stop what they're doing to play future cube, play with clay, etc.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply play around with your sim with Eco Living included and wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I play wit my sims, no matter the family the same annoying problem happens. My sims will randomly: 1) play with clay 2) plays the violin 3) consult the future cube 4) get on the civic design tablet I want to point out that my sims will stop their current task to do any of these actions and my sims never have of these items in their inventory to start with. But I'll go check and all of a sudden they'll have stacks of clay or future cubes.
What do you expect to see? For it to stop! I know it's bug from Eco Living because everything was fine until I bought the pack. It makes me wish I never bought the pack in the first place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 286 of 378 (1,041 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★ Guide
@Marigold91 Me too. Just keeps spawning. I turned off Naps. Removed them from each neighborhood with instant repeal, reset my game, repaired my game, reset my sim and still there. After an hour of game play I had 10 cubes. It’s destroying the game. My sim just plays with the stupid clay getting inspired for no reason. Who’s idea were these Naps anyway? None of them make the gameplay enjoyable. It’s just endless baking, clay spawning, objects disappearing and fighting. It’s overwriting their traits, and it’s overwriting my commands. Get rid of it completely!

FYI you still haven’t fixed classes in Uni. I still can’t take final exams even if all holidays are off and my sim still fail even if maxed related skill
Message 287 of 378 (871 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay so I turned on testingcheats and I manually went through every single neighborhood to deactivate the NAPs. And... To my dismay that still didn't solve the issue.

I looked around on youtube and I found out that somebody made a mod that fixes this issue and allows the NAPs to work as intended.. If anyone wants to google it, it's called "Eco Lifestyle Interaction Fixes". It stops all the NAPS from intersecting cross neighborhoods and worlds and lowers the intensity based on the needs of your sims to some of the autonomous actions that NAPs cause your sims to do. 

It worked for me anyway. 

Message 288 of 378 (824 Views)

★ Novice

Definitely has been happening to me. It’s extremely annoying because no matter how many times you delete them they don’t go away 

Message 289 of 378 (785 Views)

Lumps of clay is everywhere

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for a while and then check neighborhood there is big chance that you gonna see a lot of lumps of clay lying on the ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims who visit your neighborhood play with lumps of clay and after leave them on the ground.
What do you expect to see? Sims will stop leaving lumps of clay on the ground or we will get an option to throw them away or destroy them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have at least eleven lumps of clay lying on the ground in my neighborhood and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Message 290 of 378 (767 Views)