by NannyPhanny

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Furniture found in dumpster can be sold through HH-inventory

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In household items. The stuff stored from dumpster diving
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. When you find furnitures in the dumpster the only option is replace. 2. If you place the furniture on the ground and try to sell it, you wont get any money, but if you put it in household items you will get the full price when you sell it, even if its broken 3. The furnitures you find with scratches: ex. i found af bed worth 8000. you can repair the scrathes for 4000. The wiser thing to do though is selling the bed for 8000 and buy a bed exactly the same for 8000
What do you expect to see? 1. dont know if it is a bug, but i would have thougt you could fix it instead of just replacing 2. I would not expect to get a full amount for a broken furniture 3. The bed should decreas in price until scratches are fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

yup

Message 1 of 8 (4,289 Views)

Re: Issues with furniture from dumpsters in ecolife

Hero
@alisonmoyet Merging your post as it's along the same lines.

Can you try my suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,242 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try to do that... But I still think there must be a bug according to the money you get paid for a broken item

Message 3 of 8 (4,228 Views)

Hero
@alisonmoyet I'm sorry, splitting your post again. it's been a long morning.

I misread what your issue is about.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,208 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I also encountered this. Once placing the items on the lot, going into live, and then back into build, the items no longer had value.

Message 5 of 8 (3,211 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Furniture found in dumpster can be sold through HH-inventory

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah I noticed this when I was playing the rags to riches challenge with Eco Lifestyle. It pretty much feels like cheating since the value does not change until you have placed it, so you can just sell broken furniture that should not be worth anything.

Message 6 of 8 (3,182 Views)

Dumpster Diving Glitch, Items Sell $0 When Placed

★★★★★ Newbie

I noticed that when I sell a dumpster-dived item directly from my house inventory they have worth and sell for a lot of simoleons. However, in build mode when I place the item, pick it back up again, and drag it to "sell" it's suddenly only worth $0. If I put it back in my inventory it's back to being worth however many simoleans. Sometimes this going back and forth process gets rid of the $0 simoleon glitch and I can sell it from being placed, but not always.  I attached two screenshots of trying to sell the same bed. In one it's selected in my inventory and worth $200, in the other I'm trying to drag it to the "sell" area and it's saying I'll get $0 for the sell. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,840 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Furniture found in dumpster can be sold through HH-inventory

★★ Novice

Any news on this? The bug is still in the game.

Message 8 of 8 (1,111 Views)