[OPEN] [ECO] Fuel Cell upgrade doesn't allow normal stove use off the grid

by wombatilim

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Fuel Cell upgrade doesn't allow normal stove use off the grid

★ Apprentice

Chiming in to say I'm also having this issue. Really hope it is fixed soon.

Message 21 of 32 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

This is also a problem for me. At first, I thought I was doing something incorrectly or that there was a pathing issue etc. But I tried multiple different things, including upgrading my fridge, refilling the fuel, moving all other objects far away, cooking different meals, etc. Nothing worked. I was using bits and pieces -- does anyone know if this is also a bug if you use insect fuel? Not sure whether that would make a difference or not.

Message 22 of 32 (1,118 Views)

★ Apprentice

It does still happen if you use insect fuel, yes. That's what I was using.

Message 23 of 32 (1,076 Views)

★ Guide

A temporary solution is to add a power generating device to the lot such as a solar panel. Let power build up to at least 1. Then you can keep the fuel cells full and it will only use that. You just have to be extra careful not to use any power that isn't free or you will run out of energy. Also, some of you might have issues with off-the-grid lights. Some of them, like the bugs from realm of magic, actually use power. You have to test by adding one object at a time in build mode and looking at your bills information. If it makes the power consumption go up, you can't use that. It's best to do this without power generating devices on the lot. Occasionally, I'll get a glitched item. I think one of the vet items actually produces tons of power. I can't remember which one. Don't use any of the vet items if you're off-the-grid.

Message 24 of 32 (998 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Omg I am having the same problem it is soooo frustrating because I really love playing off the grid. I pretty much play every new household as off the grid, rags to riches story with all the cooking challenges. I upgrade the stove, fridge, and vacuum from BTD and none of it works off the grid. Please fix. Also add a functional broom to BTD, it would really be so much better.

Message 25 of 32 (891 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem: the option is visible once I upgrade my stove, but my Sim only starts preparing food and then puts it away; the option for continue is gray.

It makes "off the grid" unplayable if you cannot normally cook here.

Message 26 of 32 (673 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue and I'm glad I found this thread. It took me a while to realize it was the fuel cell causing the glitch specifically. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 27 of 32 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

Was this ever fixed? I'd really like to be able to bake other types of bread in my off-the-grid lot, and I think it is insane that baking doesn't work off-the-grid anyway... like did break not exist until electricity was invented? 

But I just tried the bio-fuel upgrade thinking it would work and it still doesn't...

Message 28 of 32 (553 Views)

★★ Pro

I just wanna say thanks to everyone in this thread sharing their solutions! Heart I hope this (along with other issues with off-the-grid) is fixed soon. T___T

Message 29 of 32 (308 Views)

Re: Fuel Cell upgrade doesn't allow normal stove use off the grid

★★★★★ Novice

I found myself on this page after thinking I was having this problem (March 2024). BUT, it turns out "prepped ingredients" was the culprit. Once I un-checked the box, my power generator worked as expected. 

Message 30 of 32 (92 Views)