Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Freelancer Crafter - Gigs Not Completing

by ferroboy

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Added a "me too" since my issue is the exact same and requires no further elaboration, but I'm posting explicitly here at the end also, just to make it clear this is an ongoing bug as of May 8 2022 and that the Crafter freelance profession remains unplayable.

Message 151 of 188 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm unable to receive experience or simoleans for completing a freelance gig (May 2022). I can talk to the client and make a rug successfully (and both items are checked off in the work tab), but when I hop on the computer and send the rug to the client, I get a confirmation message from the client, but the item is NOT checked off in the work tab, I get no experience or money.

Message 152 of 188 (661 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having this issue with crafting/making. Made three items. Showed them to the client. They disappeared from my inventory for each of the three items shown. Gig won't complete and acts as though I never showed any of the items to the client.

Message 153 of 188 (566 Views)

Freelance Crafter not completing.

★★ Novice

Ok, so this isn't a new topic, and it looks like it's been an ongoing issue since 2020. I'm having the same issue as many others. My Sim takes the Freelance Crafter career and does everything required. The client loves the item, but the third bubble never checks off and doesn't close once the deadline is passed. I am on a console, so no mods. I've reloaded old saves, I've canceled the gigs and restarted them multiple times with the same results. I've read this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Freelancer-All-task-done-Gig-not-completed/td-p/8249033/.... It says the issue is fixed, so I don't know if it's a result of a later patch or not. But is there a workaround on consoles for this besides doing another uninstall reinstall? I'm Doing the Master Maker Aspiration and the final stage says I have to complete 5 gigs as a Freelance Crafter. 

Message 154 of 188 (588 Views)

Re: Freelance Crafter not completing.

Hero

@MythicKitten 

The fabricator Made objects are still glitched and don't credit properly.  Anything that you make that goes into the household inventory will not complete the gig.  Items that go in a sim's invenory will.  The way to get the five gigs done is to do the candle gigs.  That works still.

Hope this helps.

Message 155 of 188 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks. I'll give that a go and see how that goes. Shame on the Fabricator. I like those so much better than the candles. 

Message 156 of 188 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MythicKitten Try to put the household frabricated objects in the house, and click directly on them to send them to the clients. Don't use the computer. Like this you should be able to send beds, lamps, sofas... Sadly this workaround doesn't work with rugs, so don't make them.
Message 157 of 188 (526 Views)

Hero

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

Thanks for the tip!  It never occurred to me to try that and didn't know it was possible.  Thank you!!!!!!!

Message 158 of 188 (509 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same situation except I'm getting paid for each item as I submit them! I tried creating all three of the item requested and then submitting them once all three were built, with the same result. The "submission" task isn't completed, so I have to trash the gig and hurt my job performance rating. It only worked the very first gig I tried, so I can't complete the Master Maker aspiration (requires 5 completed gigs).

Message 159 of 188 (473 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ack! I really thought today's update would have fixed this. Is this still being investigated? I thought this would have been an easy fix since it's exactly like the last freelance bug, but only with the maker gigs. What are the chances this will be sorted in the next update? 

Message 160 of 188 (450 Views)