by Sigzy05

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Freelance Botanist Aspiration: Vertical Garden doesn't count

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Assign a sim the Freelance Botanist aspiration and plant a plant or water/weed a plant in the A-OK Bloomer Vertical Garden.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you plant a valid 'seed' or plant in the A-Ok Bloomer Vertical garden the requirement for milestone 1 of the freelance botanist aspiration (Naturewalker) which requires your sim to plant three plants doesn't increment . AND When you water or weed a valid plant in the A-Ok Bloomer Vertical garden the requirement for milestone 1 of the freelance botanist aspiration (Naturewalker) which requires your sim to water or weed 10 plants doesn't increment .
What do you expect to see? I expect planting, watering and weeding plants in the vertical planter to increment the counters for the Freelance Botanist aspiration milestone 1: Naturewalker
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is a problem i am having with an item that came with the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack. The regular planter from the base game and planting directly in the ground appear to be working.

The plant 3 plants and water/weed 10 plants requirements of the Naturewalker milestone of the Freelance Botanist aspiration do not increment when using the A-OK Bloomer Vertical Garden from Eco Lifestyle.  I tested this issue with plants from the seed packets bought for the vertical planter (from the vertical planter), and I removed my entire Sims 4 folder and let the game create a new Sims 4 folder for the purpose of testing this issue.  The regular base game planter and planting directly in the ground both still work fine for me.  It is only the vertical planter that does not seem to register that the plants have been planted, watered or weeded for the purposes of fulfilling the milestone. Thanks!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Shortened title

Message 1 of 10 (3,988 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Freelance Botanist Aspiration: Vertical Garden doesn't c

★ Guide

Same for me, no mods/cc

Normal & made in game planter boxes count towards the aspiration, however the vertical planters do not.

Message 2 of 10 (3,830 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Freelance Botanist Aspiration: Vertical Garden doesn't c

★★★★★ Novice

Same goes for evolving plants in the vertical planter not counting towards the next stage. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,820 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, same here. Nothing in the pack works Frown

Message 4 of 10 (3,769 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Freelance Botanist Aspiration: Vertical Garden doesn't count

Hero

I also found that evolving a plant in the vertical planters does not count towards the Evolve 5 plants milestone.  So it appears that the vertical planters were left out completely from the Botanist aspiration.

Message 5 of 10 (3,390 Views)

Evolving plants in vertical gardens doesn't count towards aspiration

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Butuu and 2 SP's.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Evolve a plant in a vertical garden while having the Freelance Botanist Aspiration (Garden Variety).
What happens when the bug occurs? When evolving plants in vertical gardens, the action does not count towards the aspiration goal counter.
What do you expect to see? I expect the "evolve" action on vertical gardens to count towards the aspiration goal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What I said in the description pretty much.

Message 6 of 10 (3,279 Views)

Re: Evolving plants in vertical gardens doesn't count towards aspiration

★ Guide
@Sigzy05 Bumping this as I just encountered it while playing the Eco Lifestyle trial. Planting, weeding, watering, evolving, none of it counts towards aspiration goals. Really annoying and something that really should have been fixed by now.
Message 7 of 10 (2,975 Views)

Re: Evolving plants in vertical gardens doesn't count towards aspiration

★★ Guide

Still nothing on this? It is being more than 2 years, how difficult could it be to fix this?

Message 8 of 10 (2,013 Views)

[ECO] Evolving on Vertical Planter Doesn't Complete Freelance Botanist Milestone

★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the Freelance Botanist Aspiration, then Evolve 5 plants in the vertical planters.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Aspiration Milestone for "Evolve 5 Different Plants" doesn't complete, and none of those plants get counted towards the goal of 5.
What do you expect to see? I expect the aspiration milestone to keep track as I evolve them and to complete after I've evolved five plants in Vertical Planters.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've evolved 3 plants (Roses, Bluebell, Tomato) that were planted on the Vertical Planters from ECO, and the aspiration is not counting them.

image_2023-04-15_231250326.png

Message 9 of 10 (1,367 Views)

Re: [ECO] Evolving on Vertical Planter Doesn't Complete Freelance Botanist Miles

★★★★ Guide

The vertical planters do not count toward any of the aspiration milestones.  This has been going on since they were introduced. Please fix this.

Message 10 of 10 (1,183 Views)