[OPEN] [ECO] Footprint changes despite turned off

by RavenLure

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Footprint changes despite voting off

★★★ Guide

I just hit this with a Sim living in Del Sol valley. I’d had eco footprint disabled since before I started playing there, and it just told me the eco footprint had gone industrial. 

Message 11 of 18 (975 Views)

Eco Footprint Issues

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have Eco foot print and everything disabled in my saves. I never use it. I just started a new save an all of the sudden Willow Creek is foggy and sims are hacking their lungs out. Not sure why this is happening all of the sudden. It wasn’t doing it yesterday or any other time.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the sims in Willow creek are coughing and the air is really dirty and yellow/brown/green.
What do you expect to see? I expect the eco footprint to not affect my worlds when it’s turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As mentioned above I never use the eco footprint in my saves so it’s always disabled. I started a new save and all of the sudden my sims are hacking their lungs out and the sky is all dingy. I do not have any foot prints showing in the world map (see below) and their is nothing showing in the UI as far as the eco foot print. 

Message 12 of 18 (967 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Footprint changes despite turned off

★★★★★ Novice

I have the problem where I can't turn the eco effect off.  The light rays slow down my game so I unchecked both eco boxes.  I still get my worlds changing from neutral to green with the light rays.   

Message 13 of 18 (813 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue: I turned the Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay option off, but one of the neighbourhoods in Evergreen is giving me acid rain and brown air and Sims coughing. I have to go to the settings, switch it on, then save, then switch it off, then save, then go out into world view and go back into the house to have the weather be without smog again. But I need to repeatedly do this whenever I play there again, which is very annoying, as I'm not interested in having pollution. FYI: I also have "Build mode items grant gameplay effects" switched off, in case this has any effect on pollution too, is that necessary?

Message 14 of 18 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Having this issue on PS5!! Keep having to turn the option on and off again 

Editing this post again because honestly this is so annoying. Stupid neighbours keep coming in to destroying my stuff because I’m “ruining the environment” and my sims are losing all their money from the constant replacement of objects after fires started due to the “bad environment” which shouldn’t be a thing when I have the settings TURNED OFF

Message 15 of 18 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having this issue on the Xbox Series S. Toggling the eco footprint option on/off doesn't work... It used to work like it did with the workaround for wants and fears, but it just stopped working completely. It makes no sense because I only have 2 played households and neither are trashy or should be pulluted in any way. Yet, my vampires are coughing and the sky is yellow.

Message 16 of 18 (596 Views)

Re: Eco Footprint Issues

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having this issue on PS4. I just started playing in a brand new save with the eco footprint gameplay toggled off, but even so, I got a notification that my sim’s home world has a neutral footprint and at least two other worlds have dirty skies. Toggling the effect on and back off does nothing.

I’m not sure if this bug is affecting my existing saves yet or not (I haven’t checked), but I do know it’s never happened to me before today.

Message 17 of 18 (512 Views)

Re: Eco Footprint Issues

★ Apprentice

I’m now experiencing this glitch on my laptop. Despite having turned the setting off in my brand new save, the eco footprint is still very much in effect. I noticed it when my sims starting coughing & getting moodlets about the air. They live in Willow Creek & the air was very dark & dusty. I had to use the cheat to set it back to neutral.

Message 18 of 18 (474 Views)