by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Fabricate Upgrade Part creates LastException

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together; Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat; Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to fabricate any upgrade part with the Store No More Home Fabricator.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim stops the action of fabricating an upgrade part just before completion, the item appears in the personal inventory. But the item is not really there, it cannot be interacted with, it cannot be sold, and it disappears once the game restarts. Also, the options of either scrapping fabrication or resuming fabrication are available on the fabricator. Scrapping works, but resuming the action yields the same result, creating more copies of the "fake" item in sim's inventory.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to complete the fabrication process and the resulting item should be usable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I try to fabricate an item with the Store No More Home Fabricator from Eco Lifestyle, sometimes the sims will cancel the action on their own. At this point, the Store No More Home Fabricator item itself is stuck in the "tank-half-full" animation and it offers two options; to either scrap the fabrication or resume fabricating. It still creates a copy of the fabricated item in the sim's inventory. But that item is not interactable, clicking on it does nothing, also does not allow selling or placing in world. That item is gone from the inventory once the game restarts. Resuming the fabrication with Store No More Home Fabricator gives the same result - the action is canceled midway and one more unusable item is created in the sim's inventory. The "scrap fabrication" action works, but the same thing happens all over once I try to start over with fabricating the item.

This seems to happen all the time while fabricating upgrade parts, but sometimes with other items as well (though much less often). I have tried selling the Store No More Home Fabricator item and getting a different one - didn't fix it. Restarting the game or the computer itself did not work either. Has been going on for a few days now.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 38 (7,528 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Bug with Store No More Home Fabricator

Hero
@qhedi Do they cancel to do something else or just randomly stop as if they were done ?

Are there any lastexcpetions created ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (7,339 Views)

★★ Novice

They cancel like they are done. After that, they wait in front of the machine for a while, then eventually move on to a different action.

I do not know what lastexcpetions means, so I cannot answer that, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 38 (7,319 Views)

Hero
@qhedi It's an error that occurs and is written to a file that you can find in your documents folder.

Best thing would be to delete all errors you currently have, then force the issue again and see if any new files are created.

If so, please upload.

Either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (7,300 Views)

Hero
@qhedi Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 38 (7,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi! I also have the exact same problem. I have an lastException.txt file I'm unable to attach it since attachment system detects that it isn't a txt-file (which I mean, is true as it is xml, but really?)

I would have used firefox send but it's temporarily unavailable.

Is there a better way to send the file?

However, the error seems to be kind of straight forward:

Spoiler
Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'object_UpgradeParts_generic' object has no attribute 'set_state')
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 2258, in <lambda>
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 2059, in callback
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1966, in _custom_claim_callback

(or at least until one considers that it's stange that we are just two people who have reported this bug...)

Do you need more info from the file?

Message 6 of 38 (7,200 Views)

Hero
@AliceTheWonder Is that the whole file ?

You can either c/p the whole thing or upload as rar file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 38 (7,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>363c28cdf77079405f0b6bdb</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-07-12 22:04:40</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.64.84.1020-1.200.000.455.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>crafting_interactions.py:1966</categoryid><desyncid>363c28cdf77079405f0b6bdb</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'object_UpgradeParts_generic' object has no attribute 'set_state')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 2258, in &lt;lambda&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 2059, in callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1966, in _custom_claim_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 197, in __getattr__AttributeError: 'object_UpgradeParts_generic' object has no attribute 'set_state'rtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Here is the entire thing! @crinrict (sorry, I'm constantly switching between computers so sometimes my brain forgets how to copy paste properly... but this should be the entire content of that file)

Message 8 of 38 (7,129 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@AliceTheWonder Thanks

To be sure, you also not using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 38 (7,088 Views)

★ Apprentice

Indeed, No mods, no cc.

Message 10 of 38 (7,053 Views)