by LoveRachou

Original Post

[FIXED] [ECO] Excessive book reading/ Books accumulating in Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except my pets, tiny house and the clothes one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play
What happens when the bug occurs? Excessive book reading even when there are NO BOOKS in sight they will appear in the inventory, when you cancel this, the sim will the stretch, if you cancel this he will bake a cake EVERY SINGLE TIME
What do you expect to see? Honestly at this point I don’t even know with this game. Not excessive book reading stretching and cake making in that order every time. They interrupt everything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch I’m guessing. Never had this before now.

Not sure what this is for? 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added base game version, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (4,026 Views)

Re: Excessive book reading, stretching and cake making

★ Guide
@to7m I’m sorry I don’t know if I’ve posted that twice or what, this site is really weird to use on a mobile phone.

—T
Message 2 of 11 (4,008 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Excessive book reading

Hero
@to7m Fixed that for you :D

Dont' think we have one for the book reading yet so I edited the title to make it about that.

Read More about the actual cause for this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Stretching has a thread here: answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Stopping-to-exercise/m-p/9188233
Cooking here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-are-obsessed-with-cooking-and-baking/m-p/9199943

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (3,977 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Ah I thought it might be something to do with the NAPs, I’ve disabled them for now. Will check out the other threads, thanks for editing mine!! Hope they fix it soon

—T
Message 4 of 11 (3,931 Views)

Items appear in sims inventory

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco,get famous, seasons, university, cats and dogs, city living, islands, get together, get to work. Strangeville, parenthood, dine out, spa day. First pet, laundry, toddler, fitness, vintage glamour, movie, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? Items appear in sims personal inventory
What do you expect to see? Sims has book in hand without picking book up or going to bookcase
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims randomly has items in personal inventory that just appear. Sims hasn’t picked up any items but they still appear. Tried deleting which works but sim then gets more from god knows where. 

Message 5 of 11 (3,895 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this too, it's driving me crazy. The doctor career is unplayable because the patients and doctor keep leaving to read a new book. My sim's inventories are FILLED with them. The NAP is enacted in another neighbourhood. They will stop doing whatever they are doing to do it as well unless you queue up a few actions.

Message 6 of 11 (3,887 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Excessive book reading/ Books accumulating in Inventory

★ Guide

I also have this problem. I'm trying to run a store, but nobody buys anything because they just read books... 

Message 7 of 11 (3,831 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Excessive book reading/ Books accumulating in Inventory

★★ Novice

I have the same problem

The books in your inventory are coming from the N.A.P «Back to old days»

Back to old days  «I remember the good old days. We used to play board games and read books. Nowadays, all anyone can think about is their phone and their TV. They're juicing it up, chugging all their wretched. juice. And what's with this obsession with woohoo? Woohoo in the bed, Woohoo in the Rocket Ship, Woohoo in the hot tub, Woohoo in the observatory, and if that wasn't enough - now you delinquents are woohooing in Dumpsters? Gross. With this initiative, those who live a wholesome lifestyle of reading books and playing board games will be rewarded with Influence. And those who indulge in technology, drinking juice, and woohoo will be properly fined for their woeful deeds.»

Message 8 of 11 (3,715 Views)

My sims keep randomly reading books

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims start reading books randomly, even if autonomy is disabled. Books get stored in inventory (I haven't purchased them). It is annoying as they will stop eating to go and read a book or interrupt any other interaction for that matter.
What happens when the bug occurs? "Read BOOK TITLE" appears in the queue and they just stop whatever they previously had queued up.
What do you expect to see? They finish whatever I tell them to and stop reading books and not hoard them in their inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 9 of 11 (3,623 Views)

Re: My sims keep randomly reading books

Hero
@Simsalaisa This is caused by the back to old days NAP.

You probably still have the trigger to read those stuck on your active Sims.

It's basically this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (3,618 Views)