by Supermeringue

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Dumpster Diving: Meals/ingredients diving not working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all ep, all gp, a lot of sp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testplay the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? when dumpster diving for ingredients 80% of the stuff i find are meals not ingredients
What do you expect to see? i expect to find ingredients when dumpsterdiving for ingredients (or maybe nothing, or maybe sometimes a surprise, but not mainly meals when there is an extra option to dive for meals).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. new EP

when dumpster diving for ingredients 80% of the stuff i find are meals not ingredients

i expect to find ingredients when dumpsterdiving for ingredients (or maybe nothing, or maybe sometimes a surprise, but not mainly meals when there is an extra option to dive for meals).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (1,635 Views)

Re: not sure if a bug: dumpster diving for ingredients gives 80% meals instead

★★★★★ Novice
@rottenmeier For me it's the other way around. Diving for meals gives me ingredients / harvestables most of the time. I get it, they're edible, but one mushroom doesn't really qualify as a meal, does it?
Message 2 of 13 (1,603 Views)

Hero
@IIvoryy Wonder if they are switched.

@rottenmeier what are you getting when you dive for meals ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide

i got also meals

Message 4 of 13 (1,567 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Actually, yeah... They could be. But I still get the right thing about 30% of the time. Shouldn't you just get either one from doing the appropriate action?

Message 5 of 13 (1,549 Views)

Hero
@IIvoryy Don't know, really.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t even have the option for ingredients... I just have deals/meals/compostables/recyclables :/ I thought perhaps they changed it, does anyone else not have that option? I’m playing the game in English. 

Message 7 of 13 (1,477 Views)

Hero
@Supermeringue It might be related to some trait you need to have. I haven't played much but haven't seen it either.

You might wanna use this thread instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Dumpster-not-having-all-options-availble/td-p/9187079

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,445 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have those issues. When diving for ingredients, almost 100% of things I find is food (usually also of better quality than those found by diving for meals). When diving for meals, around 70-80% are harvestables. Also, not sure if this is related, but I only find bits&pieces, dyes, and upgrade parts when diving for deals, never when for ingredients (which I would expect to be in this category).

Message 9 of 13 (1,253 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [ECO] Dumpster Diving: Meals/ingredients diving not working

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (1,142 Views)